|Sigma Dorphus Sector|
|Free Haven Sector|
|Libra system||Star · I · Belt I · IIa · IIb · Belt II · III|
- it's orbit is approximately 111 million km from it's star
- it's exact twin is in the same exact orbit but hidden on the other side of it's star
- a class M planet with a diameter of 12,758 km (7,974 miles).
- a density of 5.1 and a gravity of 0.93 G's
- a standard atmosphere of 0.96 with nitrogen 72%, oxygen 23% and other gases 3%
- it has an axial tilt of 14% that results in some seasonal variations
- day time temperatures are on average 26C to 39C and night time temeratures are on average 11C to 27C with season fluxuations of between 15 and 25 degrees
- surface water over 56% of the planets surface with 44% of that being salt water oceans
- with a year of 251 days, each day is 25 hours long
- the primary terrain features are one large continent with a vast number of small islands
- unknown at this time
- it has 1 small moon, 1 medium moon and 1 huge moon
- Libra IIb-a: is 1,016 km (635 miles) in diameter, with a density of 2.4 and a gravity of 0.03 G's. It orbits the planets surface at a height of 29,411 km. (18,382 miles)
- Libra IIb-b: is 3,953 km (2,471 miles) in diameter, with a density of 3.8 and a gravity of 0.24 G's. It orbits the planets surface at a height of 33,268 km. (20,793 miles)
- Libra IIb-c: is 9,464 km (5,915 miles) in diameter, with a density of 4.5 and a gravity of 0.60 G's. It orbits the planets surface at a height of 36,189 km. (22,618 miles)
The Libra people have a very pecular history. According to their records they have had contact between their 2 homeworlds for as long as they have had a written history. Something to do with their religion and belief in a greater being they call Zodak. See their religion for more regarding their beliefs.
Regardless of the truth behind these claims, it is true that both worlds have developed along almost identical lines. They have never fought a war among themselves, their culture's are identical, as well as their political and religious beliefs and structure. In fact many of their major advances seem to have occured at the same time on both worlds. Remarkable when you conside the fact that neither world can see the other.
With the discovery of space flight even more contact was established between the 2 worlds. They also learned they were no the only race in space. They were lucky. They learned about warfare from observeing 2 other races at war. This gave them the knowledge and time needed to trade for any technology they could get and then to study and improve on it where they could.
They now have a strong, well developed military which they have not yet had to use, except to combat pirates and other raiders.
The temperatures are very terran like with mild seasons. Very few serious storms. With a long growing season.
It has a very diverse ecology with many types of birds, fish, mammals and reptiles. Their are a large number of large and dangerous predators, both in the air, oceans and on land.
They have a dual government with two herediatary rulers on each world. The first one called a Regal controls the military and the other one called a Regent controls the government on each world. The Regent is in charge of the planet and can not give orders to the military or affect any off world policies. Each one is responsible for the growth and development of their own homeworld.
The Regals on the other hand can not give any orders on world and have to get the permission of the Regent to even allow any troops on the planet's surface. Each one is responsible for the protection and safety of their own home world. They do have 1 military base planet side that is used as a training facility. This base is treated like it is not a part of the planet and comes under the command and control of the Regal.
They also have a caste system that determines which area and what part of society everyone belongs in. It is an extremely complex system with 3 major divisions. These 3 are the nobility, the achievers and the labourers. Someone from one of these classes can enter into a different occupation than that of their family but only one from the same class as they were born into.
The location of the Regent on both worlds is in the largest city on that world. On both worlds these capitol cities seem to occupy locations with many similarities. These 2 cities, Bal (Libra IIa) and Ance (Libra IIb) are both located on the coast where 3 major rivers all empty into a huge well sheltered bay. This bay is backed by excellent lowlands that stretch into the interior for about 250 km. To the north and south about 150 km away in both directions are gentle foothills that are excellent grazeing lands.
The Libra people are tall and slim being on average 6', 170 lbs for the men and 5'10", 140 lbs for the women. They have pure white skin, gray to very light tan hair and amber colored eyes. Their faces tend to be tall and narrow with delicate arched eyebrows, thin lips and noticable pointed ears.
Men wear loose tan shirts and slightly darker pants while women wear amber colored robes. The only exception is work clothes. Different occupations will wear what is considered the traditional garb of that occupation. The best example is the military with ship control staff (navy personnel) in gray and the infantry in black. You can also generally tell which of the 3 classes a person belongs to by the cut and quality of the clothes that they are wearing.
They have advanced technology with warp drives and energy weapons.
They have a diverse economy with trade between all communities on their 2 worlds and with as many other civilizations as they have established peaceful contact with.
Their is approximately 5 billion people living on this planet.
Starfleet Intelligence Files
No contact on record