|Head Nursing Officer
Lieutenant Ky'lin is currently serving as Head Nursing Officer aboard Denali Station.
- Height: 5'8
- Weight: 131lbs
- Hair: Medium, curly brunette
- Eyes: Dark brown
- Build: Athletic and trim
- Father: He’lan, T’Lani, 58, Farmer
- Mother: Keela, T’Lani, 56, Healer
- Siblings: Arnir, T’Lani, 22, Farmer’s Apprentice; Horok, T’Lani, 26, Governor’s Aide; Kai’la, T’Lani, 24, Healer-in-Training
- Friends: Sotet, T’Lani, 24, Regional Guardsman; Jural, T’Lani, 23, Civilian Physician; Micah Ryant, Human, 25, Starfleet Medical Officer aboard the USS Artemis
Ky’lin of Orabus Province was born to parents Keela of Orabus Province and He’lan of Asmond Province on Stardate 237407.13 and grew up on T’Lani Prime with her siblings Arnir, Horok, and Kai’la. As a child, Ky’lin enjoyed taking care of injured baby animals, science, and sewing. She spent most of his free time with Sotet and Jural exploring outside of their village. After completing her basic education, Ky’lin found herself craving adventure amongst the stars. She’d heard stories from traders and merchants her mother often visited for supplies about Starfleet and the Federation. Seeing this as the perfect opportunity to travel the stars and help others, she applied for and was accepted into Starfleet Academy. Having enjoyed helping her mother with her healing duties, Ky’lin chose to major in Nursing. Her love of science inspired her to complete a second major in Science with a specialization in Xenozoology.
- Strengths: She is very tenacious and doesn’t give up on challenging tasks easily. This combined with her highly imaginative nature makes her a great problem-solver. Also, she is very much a people person. Her loyal, sympathetic nature and her own emotional nature attract people to her. She can be very persuasive and often plays the diplomat when disputes arise between her friends.
- Weaknesses: Though most of the time she is upbeat and positive, she can become moody and pessimistic when a situation becomes difficult or stressful. Her insecurities come out most in these moments, leading her to be suspicious of others’ motivations and she can become manipulative in an effort to turn a situation in her favor.
- Likes: Her imaginative tendencies come out in an appreciation for art and she enjoys exploring hobbies of interest in the comfort of her home. Bodies of water soothe and comfort her, so she can often be found swimming or lounging on beaches and riverbanks as a stress relief measure. She is very protective of those she loves and is driven to feel helpful and needed. A good meal provides the perfect opportunity for her to enjoy the company of those she loves.
- Dislikes: She is not fond of strangers and can take a bit of time to open up to new people and colleagues. Also, she is a very private person and does not often share pieces of her personal life with non-family members. Even with family members, she is not overly open. But don’t mistake this for a lack of fondness for those she loves. If anyone criticizes her parents or siblings, she immediately becomes defensive and won’t hold back her thoughts.
- Quirks: If she finds a conversation topic or something in particular someone has said to be offensive, she will get up and walk away without a word rather than risk confrontation or conflict. However, when those she cares about need defending, she won’t hesitate.
- Though she doesn’t share this with everyone, she has a natural talent for cooking. She uses this talent to connect with those closest to her. If she invites someone to join her for a meal she has prepared, she considers that person to be trustworthy and worth developing a closer relationship with.
- She wants a family of her own, but will not settle for just any partner. She knows what she wants and won’t lower her standards just to have a spouse and children.
- Other Personality Traits: She is calm and thoughtful in stressful, tense situations. However, this self-control is hard-earned through a great deal of life experience. Like many, she has regrets. However, she has to fight hard not to become too focused on her mistakes.
|Starfleet Service Record
|2392 - 2396
|SD 239606 - 239609
|SD 239609 - 239703
|SD 239703 - 239904
|SD 239904 - Present
|Head Nursing Officer
Awards & Service Ribbons
- For award descriptions, see: Awards and Service Ribbons