|Crew of USS Ronin|
|Lieutenant Jassa Lenari|
Lieutenant Jassa Lenari is currently assigned as Chief Science Officer aboard the USS Ronin.
- Temperament: Nervous and submissive most of the time, but with a strong (almost unhealthily so) work ethic. Trys to show minimal emotion, but usually fails. Gets exasperated and angry at herself when placed in situations she is unfamiliar with or when she finds her knowledge lacking. Has an extremely good memory and is rather proud of the fact.
- Habits: Sleeps and eats less than she ought to and spends much of her free time working. Feels the need to prove herself to everyone around her, yet at the same time trys to avoid excess attention wherever possible.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: None, much to her father's anger/disappointment
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Tends to wear uniform most of the time, even when off duty. Otherwise she tends to wear smart yet thin clothing, often in light to medium single colours (especially blue)
- Shoes: Black, smart yet practical
- Quarters: Her quarters remain Comparatively spartan, in spite of her longer stay abaord the Ronin: she still does not see the necessity of too many belongings. It does, however, contain a picture of her family (taken on board the USS Warwick just before her elder brother left for Starfleet Academy) on a desk and a large pile of datapads neatly stacked beside her bed. Recent additions include a vase of pale blue lilac and a cello case in the far corner. Due to recent events and unwanted intrusions into her mind, she has erected a psychic screen within her personal quarters. Attempts to psychically pry into her room (or the few feet of corridor outside) will run into a deadzone. Simply put, you can't read the mind of anyone in her quarters.
- Favourite Room: She does not have any specific preference, though she is most comfortable when alone in her quarters or when working in the Science Lab. She has an almost irrational dislike of the medical bay.
- Mannerisms: Always attempts to be professional, though naturally very shy. Tends to avoid eye contact and fiddle with her hair when feeling uncomfortable. Apologises profusely when she perceives a situation to be her fault, is unable to come up with a reply she deems satisfactory or is called out for apologising unnecessarily in the first place. Has a tendency to get overexcited when reaching a conclusion or making a discovery.
- Physical Limitations: Lenari is healthy, but not particularly strong. She excercises, but only enough to stay healthy and she is physically weaker than most of the rest of the Ronin's crew. She is also slightly underweight as she doesn't always eat properly and gets easily distracted by work.
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: Two small silver-gold studs in her right ear, where a Bajoran earing would typically be worn.
- Accessories: She habitually and rigorously wears a white-gold 'hairclip'. This is in fact a psi inhibitor of her own design. Any telepath attempting to access her thoughts will run into a metaphorical wall, a psychic deadzone around her mind that they should be unable to penetrate. She has run extensive tests on the device and also believes it to have proven itself in practise though she is unable to prove the latter.
- Face: Quite small, well defined bone structure. Could almot be called elvish if not for the characteristically Bajoran nose.
- Carriage: Walks briskly and purposefully when alone, but tends to subconsciously slow down when in the presence of senior officers or people she's nervous around.
- Poses: Tends to keep her hands clasped firmly behind her back when possible, or rested gently on consoles. Trys not to use gestures when speaking very much, only using them intermittently, as a sign of exasperation when she can't quite find the right words or when she gets excited and loses some of her control. Has a tendency to adjust her hair when nervous.
- Voice: Tends to talk quite quickly when excited, though she usually trys to speak in as businesslike a tone as possible. Gets nervous fairly easily and has a tendency to speak much more hesitantly when she is.
- Eyes: Narrow, long lashed.
- Mouth: Thin, delicate lips. Fairly pale.
- Arms: Thin. Healthy, but with no real muscle definition.
- Legs: As with her arms, thin yet healthy, with little excess muscle.
- Father: Jassa Ebanur.
- Born: Stardate 231101.09
- Place of Birth: Jalanda City, Bajor
- Mother: Talifa Raina (deceased)
- Born: Stardate 232203.23
- Place of Birth: Trill
- Joined to Raina symbiote: Stardate 234712.01
- Died: Stardate 237407.13
- Siblings: Jassa Neram
- Born: Startdate 235104.12
- Place of Birth: USS Warwick
Current relations with her surviving family are frosty, to say the least. Though extremely close to both parents whilst on board the Warwick, the young Lenari was heartbroken when the new host of her mother's symbiote declared that he would have nothing to do with his previous family. Her father's decision to move to Bajor, away from everyone she had grown up with only deepened her grief and she came to resent both parents for it. She made a great effort of denying both her parents cultures, having no interest in exploring her Trill ancestry and outright refusing to embrace her father's spirituality. As a result, she spent most of her time on Bajor in isolation, ostracised by her peers for her lack of belief and constantly at war with her father (something made particularly difficult by the fact that he insisted on continuing to home school her for the most part). Since her acceptance to the accademy tensions between her and her father (and her brother; very much his father's son) have eased somewhat, though her continued disinterest in her Bajoran heritage is still a source of tension between them. She has had no contact with the Raina symbiote in 12 years and is happy for it to remain that way.
Lenari was born aboard Akira-class vessel USS Warwick to Talifa Raina (a joined Trill) and Jassa Ebanur, a Bajorn. Both parents were serving senior officers on board the USS Warwick and continued to serve on the vessel until Talifa's death during the Dominion War in 2374 when Lenari was 11. Following this she lived on Bajor with her father until her entry into Starfleet Academy. She was home schooled; most of her (and her parents) free time from an early age was spent on furthering her education. Her parents' professions (her mother was a doctor, her father an engineer) impressed upon her the importance of practical knowledge in Starfleet; there was never any real doubt about her career path, she had her heart set on Science from an extremely early age. Due to the nature of her upbringing, she formed an extremely strong attachment to the USS Warwick (and by extension, the Akira class) and personally requested placement about the USS Ronin due to this fact.
- 236210.17: Born, USS Warwick
- 236908.25: Older brother Neram leaves the USS Warwick for Starfleet Accademy
- 237407.13: USS Warwick suffers heavy damage at Cardassian hands. CMO Talifa Raina killed during the attack, though the Raina symbiote survives
- 237511.29: Moves to Bajor with her father where they take up residence
- 238109.01: Enters Starfleet Academy
USS Ronin Missions