|Jonathan "Jack" Corbin|
- Full Name: Dr. Jonathan "Jack" Corbin
- Race: Terran
- Date of Birth: 235406.21
- Place of Birth: Earth, Texas
- Age: 37
- Gender: Male
Jack practiced Medicine for a number of years in his family's practice with his Grandfather, Father and Elder brother. He was always an adventurer at heart spending most of his free time outdoors hunting and fishing. He decided that he wanted to explore life more and thought Starfleet would be a wonderful way to do something useful but get away. His family was actually supportive of the idea and he joined, the first of his family. At the Academy he tended to keep to himself but is very friendly to everyone, unless they got on his bad side. Although very friendly it is not very hard to anger or rile him up if he felt you were being disrespectful or rude. Also once on his bad side it takes a while to get back onto his good. He has a nearly photographic memory, is extremely observant and is actually an extremely good marksman. He has found his time on the Darwin to be very rewarding and exactly what he hoped for. He has found himself thrust into a situation where he was the senior doctor much sooner than he had ever planned. It was a new situation for him. He had always been under his Father or older brother when it came to the private practice so finding himself in charge is taking some getting used to.
It was not long however after becoming CMO of the Darwin he was transferred to the USS Columbia to be CMO of the recommissioned ship. Corbin was more ready now to be CMO and he goes to the Columbia prepared to run the sickbay.
- Height: 6'8"
- Weight: 245lbs
- Hair Color: Brown
- Length of Hair: Short but not cropped.
- Eye Color: Brown
- Skin Tone: Tanned
- Birthmarks, Scars: None
- Build: Athletic, Large and Muscular.
- Face: Normally has a smile on his face and has the crows feet around his eyes to show it
- Carriage: He tends to be very casual in his stance and posture sitting or standing. He is very tall for a human and tries not to be overbearing in his stance.
- Poses (Hands/Gestures, Feet/Legs, Torso/Head): He mostly will stand around leaning against something if he can. He does have a bad habit of rocking both while standing or sitting. He tries to stop it but sometimes he can't help it. He especially does it when he is nervous for some reason. He also has the nervous habits of running his hands though his hair or scratching his short beard he has grown recently. He often time will play with a pocket knife that he keeps with him at all times. This knife is extremely important to him. Given to him from his grandfather it was once his great great grandfather's.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): He tends to wear clothing that is designed for outdoor use. Camo and green or tan outfits are his favorite. He often wears a hats as well.
- Shoes: Boots, Cowboy as often as possible, hunting otherwise.
- Voice: Deep, bit overly loud but happy.
- Handedness: Right but is very proficient with his left.
- Quarters: He does not really keep the cleanest of rooms. His walls are decorated with pictures of family or friends. He also has some pictures of Texas as well. His shelves are to be filled with his carvings. He enjoys whittling and does that often to relax on his free times, so the floor around his desk is usually littered with shavings. He is also a huge fan of College Football from Earth and will often have games he can get playing on the background on his computer.
- Favorite Room: Holodeck, hunting or fishing simulation.
- Habits: He is very protective of people he knows and will go to great lengthens to make sure they are safe and happy. He tends to be very much a gift giver and will sit with people that are sitting alone. He himself a bit of a loner he knows that even loners like company.
- Mannerisms: Mostly friendly, easy going, fun loving. He often likes to embarrass people for he is hard to embarrass. He is a in your face sorta person and tends to ignore personal space much to the chagrin of many people and alien races. He also is a little rash in his actions. He tends to make a decision and quickly act upon it before thinking about all the options he really has. This has gotten him in trouble more than once. It has also saved him a number of times as well.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Hunting, fishing, camping, whittling.
- Likes: marksmanship, boxing, football.
- Dislikes: Cruel people, overbearing people, rude people.
- Ambitions and Goals: He would like to become the CMO of a starship someday.
- Achievements in Life: graduated from medical school. College football player with championship team. Starfleet Academy graduate.
- Disappointments in Life: He has failed miserably at every relationship he has attempted with the opposite sex, this has made him sorta shy around women especially if he thinks they have sexual feelings for him.
- Temperament: Easygoing, friendly, of good humor, Rash at times, Prefers the company of himself more than others most times.
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): He has a slight distrust of technology. He likes to rely more on his own observations than that of a computer. Although he seems to get along with people and is very friendly, overly so in many cases, he does not develop strong friendships often but when he does he is fiercely loyal to them.
- Physical Limitations: None. He is very strong, very agile for his size, quiet and quick if need be. His years of hunting as given him a keen eye and ear. He often will work out in the holodeck, running both long distances and in situations of survival which he enjoys.
- Jack's Unusual Skills: Hunting (mostly dear and duck but has done some virtual big game hunting), Knife Carving, Knife Throwing, Shuttle craft pilot (how else did he get to some places to go hunting?) , familiar with many firearms, phasers, rifles and hunting weapons such as the bow and crossbow (although not as accurate with the later), expert at ground navigation (he often would prepare in advance memorizing the lay of the land before getting to the hunting site and would know where major land marks and civilization was. This had helped in many times in emergencies).
- Jack's Finished wood projects: Replica of USS Darwin, replica of a Romulan shuttle craft, replica of Phosphino-Titenozine drug compound, replica of a Asavii Biodome, T-Rex replica, Currently working on a model of the USS Columbia.
- Marital Status: Single
- Children: none
- Father: Dr. Peter Corbin
- Mother: Elizabeth Corbin
- Siblings: Dr. Peter Corbin (elder brother), Hannah Corbin (elder sister, second born)
- Date Graduated from Academy: 239012.24
- Current Rank: Lieutenant
- Current Assignment: USS Columbia 239107.12
- Duty Post: Chief Medical Officer
- Specializations: Trauma care, field operations and treatment. Alien trauma care.
- 235406.21: Birth
- 237205.16: High school Graduation
- 237312.07: Football Championship, TE
- 238005.25: Medical School Graduation, Texas Medical Branch
- 239012.24: Graduated from Starfleet Academy
- 239012.28: Posted as Medical Officer USS Darwin-A
- 239102.17: Promoted to Lieutenant (J.G.)
- 239102.17: Presented with Silver Lifesaving Ribbon
- 239106.15: Promoted to Lieutenant
- 239106.15: Presented with Medical Science Ribbon
- 239106.15: Made Chief Medical Officer of the USS Darwin-A
- 239107.12: Made Chief Medical Officer of the USS Columbia
239012.30 - 239102.01: Talvath's Taint - A Romulan colony is struck by disaster- Jack's first experience as a Starfleet officer, and felt he made many mistakes in his first mission. He felt he dealt with situations rashly, which although his nature, was not exactly what he deems appropriate for a Starfleet officer. It made him try to rethink some things about himself and how he actually deals with people. Life is different as a Starfleet doctor than a Civilian one. At the conclusion of this mission Jack was promoted to Lieutenant (J.G.) and presented with a Silver Lifesaving Ribbon for his efforts in saving the Chief Engineers life.
239102.17 - 239104.02: Phosphino-Titenozine Incidence - After a freighter raced away from DS6 the crew of the Darwin found themselves chasing the freighter. This was a difficult mission for Corbin finding himself doing his first interrogation then dealing with Captain Reinard and Commander Brice being effected by a new unknown drug. Having lost his cool with Dr. Manius, Corbin had to take a step back and try to regain his composure so that he could do his job.
239104.16 - 239106.01: Asavii Biodome 2 Epidemic - The mission started with the sickbay being left without a CMO. Corbin found himself having to step into this role unprepared and unqualified in his mind. Luckily the sickbay was assigned a new brilliant medical officer in the name of Dr. Clio Margariti and he still had the extreme expertise f Dr. Todd Manius. The Darwin having been sent to the Asav system only to find the USS Valorous heavily damaged. Dr. Margariti and he found much death and devastation on board including a hull breach right on top of the sickbay having left the sickbay in ruins. It will be a memory that Corbin will not soon forget. After the Valorous Corbin and Dr. Margariti found themselves on a away team heading to biodome 2. An underwater dome of the Asavii people. Upon arrival they quickly discover that the Asavii people there are suffering from an epidemic. Dr. Margariti was quickly able to figure out what was going on however they had to deal with the CSO Lt. Matthews who seemed to have it out for both them and the Asavii. Lt. Matthews really rubbed Corbin the wrong way almost to the point that Corbin felt the urge for violence. Luckily he controlled himself and just put Lt. Matthews under the category of people he did not like and leaders who were bullies and not true leaders. Between Dr. Margariti and himself they were able to figure out the cause of the epidemic and find a simple cure for the Asavii. The rest of the crew was able to fix the air filtration and avoid diplomatic disaster. At the end of this mission Corbin was promoted to full Lieutenant and given the medical sciences ribbon. On top of that he was also given the responsibility of being the new CMO.
239106.15 - 239107.12: Q Incident - After his recent promotion and appointment officially as CMO the medical staff were celebrating their promotions when suddenly the senior staff and crew of the Darwin found themselves transported to prehistoric earth by the mysterious and powerful Q. After overcoming trial after trial and even figuring out how to do primitive medicine to help his wounded friend Dr. Margariti the crew was finally were returned to the Darwin. It was shortly after this that the transfer came in and off Corbin went to the USS Columbia.
Awards & Commendations
|NPC Listing · USS Columbia Crew Manifest · Crew History