|Starbase 118 Ops|
Ensign Harper Lyndsay is currently serving as a counselor aboard Starbase 118 Ops.
- Height: 1.6 meters (5'4")
- Weight: 53.5 kg (118 lbs)
- Hair: Dark Brown
- Eyes: Brown
- Father: Anton Perez
- Mother: Jessica Lyndsay
- Siblings: Jalen Perez (half-brother), Makenzie Perez (half-sister)
- Spouse: NA
- Children: NA
Harper was born on stardate 236702.26, in the small town of Elkton, Virginia, on the planet Earth. She was raised primarily by her mother, Jessica Lyndsay, who was a science teacher at the local primary school. Nestled in the mountains, next to Shenandoah National Forest, Elkton was a relatively small community. Harper’s father would often compare it to living inside of a punch bowl, as mountains surrounded the town on all sides. While Harper had been known to enjoy hiking and camping, in the mountains, she often preferred to spend time with her father, and his family, along the gulf coast of Florida.
Spending her childhood on Earth, Harper always dreamed of travelling the stars. Her father, Anton Perez, worked aboard a civilian, interplanetary, transport freighter. While she never got to accompany him along any of his long trade routes, she could never stop daydreaming of his life aboard the ship. Her first memories of her father were of him always leaving her and her mother for his duties aboard the freighter. She could never recall just how old she was, or if every vision she had of him leaving was actually for a different trip, she just knew that she was young, and at the time, she was angry. As she grew up, though, those initial feelings of abandonment were replaced by ones of exploration and adventure. Throughout her childhood, she would see more of her father over subspace communications than physically face to face, but the mystery of his life would eventually come to ignite her passions.
There was some dynamic to her parents’ relationship that Harper never fully understood. She knew that her father had proposed to her mother on more than one occasion, but for some reason, Jessica’s answer had always been, “No.” Jessica Lyndsay had never been one to openly share her feelings with her daughter. There was no doubt that she cared deeply for Harper, she just always seemed to have a difficult time expressing it. Even though he was much more emotionally transparent than her mother, Anton always remained vague when discussing their relationship. This was difficult for Harper while growing up. It was hard enough to wrap her head around their on-again, off -again as an adult, let alone as a child. Especially when neither ever seemed comfortable talking with their daughter about it. So, for whatever reason, Anton had always given Jessica her space. This space would eventually lead to him marrying another woman and starting a family of his own. Even while his work and family kept him from Harper for much of her life, he had always made efforts to keep in touch. Harper was always welcome in their Floridian home, and the beaches of Venice would become a destination for her anytime she needed to unwind or relax.
Once Harper turned eighteen and graduated, she applied to Starfleet Academy and was subsequently accepted. Her mother was never an enthusiastic supporter of this decision, but, over time, would come to reluctantly support her daughter. After Harper graduated from the academy, she took an educational leave of absence to study psychology at Stanford University. She had always been a caring individual, and while she suffered from many of her own insecurities, she enjoyed being available for, and supporting, others. She saw psychology as a molding of science and art. Where treatment techniques were based upon empirical research, but were provided through methods of the counselor’s own creativity and style.
She completed her studies at Stanford in 2394 and immediately returned to duty with Starfleet. She completed her final training simulation on stardate 239409.25 and was subsequently assigned to Starbase 118 Operations as a station counselor.
- Below you'll see a table which contains images for rank pips - you can change the word 'Gold' for 'Red' or 'Teal' or one of the other colors listed earlier to match your duty post. Again, not all ranks are available in all colors and/or pipstyles. You can change pips from the default to a different style such as DS9, STO, or Slanted by adding DS9, STO, or Slanted after the color.
|Cadet First Class||239409.25||Graduated Starfleet Academy||Counselor|
|Ensign||239409.26 - Present||Starbase 118 Ops||Counselor|
Awards & Service Ribbons
- (We've gone ahead and filled in your first service ribbon: the Starfleet Academy Graduate Ribbon. As you complete missions and continue to serve with the fleet, you'll earn additional awards and service ribbons that you can post here, with the date you got them! For full instructions on how to add more awards and service ribbons, check out Template:Ribbons Display.)
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- Replace the links below with links to your own SIMs that you find memorable or are important to your character - you may want to add more as your time with the fleet goes on! You can find a complete archive of sims here at the SIM Archive.
- Title of First SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
- Title of Second SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
|NPC Listing · StarBase 118 Ops Crew Manifest · Crew History