|USS Gorkon NPC Roster
|NPCs (both PNPCs and general NPCs) aboard the Gorkon are listed by division and department. Note that this database should be thought of as only a partial roster of the entire crew. New NPCs are frequently created within sims at the whim of a writer.
When adding new NPC characters on the Gorkon, please be sure to put [[Category:Gorkon NPCs]] at the bottom of their character page.
Crew of the USS Gorkon
Total: 605 (98 Officers, 507 Enlisted)
The Gorkon has a total complement of 605: 98 officers and 507 enlisted crew. Civilians are permitted to work on board after passing background and security checks, and primarily work in the science, medical and administrative/support roles (such as service staff).
The 98 officers aboard the Gorkon represent slightly less than sixth of the ship's total complement. To become an officer, these individuals have either graduated Starfleet Academy or earned their commission through the Officer Candidate School after having attained their education in their field elsewhere.
Officers assume leadership roles within their departments and are responsible for training and supervising both junior officers and the enlisted personnel under their command.
- See also: Starfleet Rank Index: Officer for more information about officers and officer ranks.
The 507 enlisted personnel aboard make up the majority of the ship's crew and are distributed across the ship's departments in various technical specialties and duty posts distinct from officers. For instance, medical and lab technicians are enlisted personnel whereas physicians, nurses, and scientists are commissioned officers (see officer duty posts above). All enlisted personnel are eligible for NPC/PNPC play.
- See also: Starfleet Rank Index: Enlisted for more information about enlisted personnel and enlisted ranks.
Non-Starfleet personnel, Civilians, and Guests
The Gorkon offers VIP guest accommodations and long-term civilian quarters.
Non-Starfleet personnel such as those from other Federation agencies (Federation Security, Federation Diplomatic Corps, etc.) are occasionally attached to the ship on special assignments.
- Interested in simming for a civilian or non-Starfleet character? Contact the command staff to discuss your idea for a character!
- Alpha (Day) Shift: 0600-1400 hours
- Beta (Swing) Shift: 1400-2200 hours
- Gamma (Night) Shift: 2200-0600 hours
Officer duty shift staffing varies according to departmental needs as assigned by the department chiefs. Enlisted personnel rotate through shifts
- All off-duty personnel are on standby during Yellow Alert.
- All off-duty personnel report to their stations during Red Alert.