"I'm Vexaǂprymmalʘyersevva. Everyone calls me Catscratch because they have no choice as every other attempt to properly pronounce my name for the uninitiated is a failure. Unless you can do bilabial and palatal clicks that is." - Catscratch
Catscratch, real name Vexaǂprymmalʘyersevva, is a civilian working on Iana Station. A holo-addict, she has signed up with the ReachOut rehabilitation program.
Catscratch is a NPC typically simmed by Serren Tan but whom anyone can write for.
- Full Name: Vexaǂprymmalʘyersevva
- Nickname: "Catscratch"
- Rank: Civilian
- Age: 27
- Species: Caitian
- Gender: Female
- Hair color: Purple
- Eye color: Gold
- Height: 172cm (5'9")
- Telepathic status: 0
- Place of Birth: Caitian Homeworld
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: Catscratch dyes her hair, typically blue or purple.
- Fur Tone: Blue/black
- Handedness: Ambidexterous
- Addiction: A holoaddict, Catscratch has been clear since 239608.14, which at the time of writing is 1 years.
Catscratch does not discuss her family, except that she is single, has no children, and that her father is the owner of a large corporation.
- Quarters: Catscratch's quarters are filthy.
- Favorite Room: The holodeck. But as an addict, she is trying to avoid it.
- Mannerisms/Habits: Catscratch purrs when she is happy, which she finds *extremely* embarrassing. She also hisses when angry and howls when scared.
- Qualifications: Catscratch is a competent mechanic whose skills are below average because she rarely applies herself.
- Temperament: Catscratch is lazy, mean, and stupid, but has a soft spot for children and tends to be attracted to "bad girls".
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: None.
- Dislikes and Fears: Reality. It is often disappointing, and she finds that the holodeck provides an outlet for her to shape her reality as she wishes.
As Vexaǂprymmalʘyersevva is impossible for the uninitiated to pronounce and "Vexa" is a swear word in some languages, she goes by "Catscratch".
The weird symbols in her name are verbal clicks. To hear what they sound like, this video explains it well with examples: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXcnxNOeGjs&ab_channel=BenDuMonde
All that is relevant is that ǂ sounds a bit like the noise when you go, "tsk tsk tsk", and ʘ is similar to a kissing noise.