|Starbase 118 Ops|
Ensign Brann Off is currently serving as a Medical Officer aboard Starbase 118 Ops.
- Height: 170 cm
- Weight: 79 kg
- Hair: Always-shaved (Off legitimately doesn’t remember)
- Eyes: Yellow
- Parents: Call Offo (m), Ximm Offo (m), & Boppa Offa (f)
- Siblings: Three half-sisters
- Spouse: N/A
- Children: N/A
Brann Off was born very early for Bolian gestation. His three parents were luddite-vacationing at sea when the early-onset birth occurred, and as such, do not know exactly when the child was born. (For Federation and Starfleet record-keeping purposes, Brann Off chose a birth date of November 6th.)
Born with a decidedly unpronounced ridge, such never quite developed for Brann Off throughout life. While his skill and skin are slightly thickened, the true ridge never erupted, though this has not deleteriously affect Off’s developmental or adult health.
In short, Off is bored and as rudderless as the boat on which he was born. Off has never stuck to any one field of study, nor particularly excelled in any, either. ‘Good-enough’ educational assessments followed him through Bolian Instruction (BI), but instructors expressed concern that Off couldn’t simply devote himself to anything, needing to be—to borrow a Human expression—a Jack of all trades, but master of none.
Having been repeatedly given special exemptions to BI’s cumulative placement process, Off discussed with his family his inability to commit to any one field of study and a general indecisiveness about life ahead. It was decided that to best indulge his thirst for knowing, and to bypass BI’s requirements, Brann Off would apply to Starfleet.
He was not accepted. Already keyed up for the adventure and opportunities of space-travel, Off instead jumped on the next opportunity that presented itself: joining a Ferengi cargo vessel as bulk labor. While Off initially regretted this deal, as he lacked the lobes of a Ferengi to negotiate, it was one of the /Eetulune/’s runs past the Bolarus system that brought him to Starbase 307 after a cascade failure of the ship’s engines made it the closest port.
Between the engine from which he could squeeze just another couple of light-years, and Starfleet’s Starbase 307 gleaming like a space-faring utopia of exploration and knowledge, Off traded the former in exchange for a truncation of his employment contract effective their arrival at Bolarus XIII.
One thing led to another, and friends made at Starbase 307 assisted him in re-applying for Academy admittance, whence he was accepted and shipped off for Earth aboard the USS /Peary/ in 2356.
|Cadet First Class||239509.29||Graduated Starfleet Academy||Medical Officer|
|Ensign||239509.29 - Present||Starbase 118 Ops||Medical Officer|
Awards & Service Ribbons
- (We've gone ahead and filled in your first service ribbon: the Starfleet Academy Graduate Ribbon. As you complete missions and continue to serve with the fleet, you'll earn additional awards and service ribbons that you can post here, with the date you got them! For full instructions on how to add more awards and service ribbons, check out Template:Ribbons Display.)
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- Replace the links below with links to your own SIMs that you find memorable or are important to your character - you may want to add more as your time with the fleet goes on! You can find a complete archive of sims here at the SIM Archive.
- Title of First SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
- Title of Second SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
|NPC Listing · StarBase 118 Ops Crew Manifest · Crew History