Aren, an El-Aurian, is currently a civilian chef aboard the USS Darwin-A.
- Full Name: Aren
- Current Rank: Civilian
- Race: El-Aurian
- Date of Birth: 207812.17
- Place of Birth: El-Auria
- Gender: Genderfluid
- Telepathic status: T0 (None)
- Height: 5'10"
- Weight: 180lbs
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Length: Short
- Personality: Very friendly, loves to meet new people and delve into their cultural background. Immediately wants to make everyone feel right at home, even if Aren is the new one. Has a slight tendency towards dad jokes.
- Strengths: Adaptable, personable, listens well, eidetic memory, lots of experience
- Weaknesses: Can't stay still for long, always wants to move on to the next thing
- Quarters: Very clean, but they have a lot of curios they've collected over their centuries of travel. They try very hard to travel light, but eventually these things do accumulate. Because of that they've developed a fondness for miniatures. They have a large collection of very tiny dolls that they store in cases that are transformed into little dollhouses whenever they move in somewhere.
- Favorite Food: Anything. Anything at all. They want to try everything and then learn how to make it themselves and then they will feed you, too. Their very favorite dish is this curry-type dish that their mom made them when they were sick as a kid.
- Studies: They've gotten their doctorate equivalent a couple of different times, once in food chemistry and once in anthropology, and their early education was largely engineering-oriented. Mostly, though, they just learn by doing and listening to people.
- Spouse: Widowed
- Children: Jomei (113) and Ciana (85), all grown up and living independently now
- Father: Jerome (deceased)
- Mother: Tiana (deceased)
- Siblings: Malka (369)
Was born on El-Auria, their family was all engineers working on building space ships, and they just wanted to leave and have an adventure. They left their home planet when they reached maturity and went exploring. They went home every few years to visit until the Borg invaded in 2265. Their family all fled, but their ship was destroyed by the Borg. They have one living sister left Malka, who moved to a human colony in 2243 when she married a human, and joined Starfleet in 2320 after he died. Malka has a daughter named Ella. Aren really got into the whole cooking thing after their parents died, as a way to reconnect with home. They've since combined it with their quest for adventure, and have made it their mission to learn to cook as many different cultures' food as possible, and learn about the cultures in the process. Because of their eidetic memory, they have an enormous range of recipes in their head already, but they're always looking for more. They were joined for a while by a Trill, and had two children with him, but never married. After he died, his symbiont was joined to a new, younger trill. Aren remains friends with his new host, but he was less inclined to travel, so they have gone their separate ways. Aren met Iniko while jhe was a refugee, and Iniko thought they were the best because they could actually cook Laudean food, which jhe hadn't found anywhere else in the Federation.