SIM:Lael Rosek - Christmas Gifts and Deep Conversations Part I (Gorkon)
|Lieutenant Lael Rosek
USS Gorkon NCC 82293
"Christmas Gifts and Deep Conversation, Part II"
OOC: Takes place before “Father-Daughter Chat” OOC2: Takes place after Jansen’s chat with Sinnelis.
((Rosek’s Quarters, USS Gorkon))
- Lael had just gotten out of the shower when she heard the door chime ring.::
Rosek: ::calls:: Just a minute.
- Jansen waited patiently outside the door for her to answer.::
- She slipped into her plaid pink pajama bottoms and pink t-shirt, then donning her night robe over top.::
- As the doors parted Jansen stepped inside with his hands behind his back looking around for a moment before smiling as he saw her.::
Orrey: Good evening.
- Lael sighed in relief, slipping her robe off and slinging it over the back of a nearby chair.::
Rosek: Thank God it's you. I was getting ready in case I had to pretend I was on my way out. ::motions to the robe:: Had to make it look convincing.
Orrey: ::Jansen laughed some.:: Well I hope I'm not interrupting much?
Rosek: No, not at all. ::grimaces:: Hiding mostly. Dassa cancelled our plans so that leaves me defenseless should Anjar decide to stop by.
Orrey: Well I might be able to help it out some…..
Rosek: ::smiles wanly:: It's fine, really. I should just sit down and say it bluntly...just don't want to ruin our friendship...so I've been avoiding him until I can figure out what to say...though I appreciate the offer.
Orrey: ::Pulling a pair of boxes from behind his back.:: Well if you don't want your Christmas gifts…..
Rosek: ::smiles:: Now I didn't say that. ::pauses:: Hang on. I think I've got yours here somewhere. ::enters her bedroom and emerges a minute later with a large wrapped box:: Here we are.
Orrey: Wonderful. ::He motioned at the sofa with a smile.:: Shall we sit and trade out?
- Lael grinned, grabbing his free hand and pulling him toward the couch before sliding onto it, her legs crossed, excitement gleaming in her eyes.::
- Jansen took his box from her and handed her two boxes to her motioning her on to open hers first.::
- Lael tucked a stray strand of long blonde hair behind her ear, gently pulling back the paper of the first, savoring the suspense.::
- Inside the paper she finds a lacquered box covered in a chrysanthemum design with a small gold plate on the front that has her first name etched on it. When she lifts the lid off it she finds it containing acrylic paint tubes.::
- Lael’s eyes widened as she fingered the box, then opening it to reveal the paints.::
Rosek: Oh, Jansen. ::gaze locks with his:: It's lovely. ::hugs him:: Thank you.
Orrey: ::Hugging back.:: I thought you should enjoy it. I know you like to paint but haven't been able to lately so I figured this should be able to motivate a little more this way. Now open the other one cherie.
- Jansen smiled some since his time on Earth he had relaxed considerably and some Cajun phrases had started to pepper his language from time to time when he was relaxed.::
- Lael blushed at the French endearment and the way it sounded spilling from his lips. Dropping her gaze to the second box, peeling back the paper.::
- Inside the second package, is a thick leather bound book with gilded page edges. Opening it shows a small pocket on the inside of the cover and the first page has the title of the work on it. 'The Complete Works of Edgar Allen Poe’.::
Orrey: The pocket there has a data chip that contains the book's contents as holoprograms that change the story to suit you.
- Lael studied the book, her breath catching in her throat as the depth of his gift sank in. Holoprograms took a great deal of time and he'd not written one but several.::
Orrey: ::Smiling at her simply.:: For instance if you go into the Fall of the House of Usher, you, the sister would be the main character and the brother would be the sickly one.
- Lael's gaze locked with his as tears formed against her wishes. She was speechless. Surely ‘'thank you” was the appropriate response, but it suddenly didn't feel like enough. She hugged him tightly, kissing his cheek.::
Rosek: ::murmurs:: I love it. Thank you.
- Jansen kissed her cheek back as he returned the hug. There was something special about the winter season, and the way gifts could light people up. He really enjoyed that.::
Orrey: I am glad you do. ::Jansen held her for a moment more before letting go starting to unwrap his gift.:: Now my turn.
- As he peeled back the paper, he revealed a box. Inside was a beautiful black violin case engraved with his initials in gold.::
- Jansen smiled and ran his fingers over the initials.::
Rosek: Go on. open the case.
- Inside was a leather bound ledger filled with manuscript paper laid out for writing music. On the inside cover was written “For my Mozart. Fill this with your own masterpieces”.::
- He chuckled and pulled her back into the close hug sitting the case to the side.::
Orrey: Thank you.
Rosek: ::smiles:: Always.
Orrey: You know what we should do?
Rosek: What's that?
Orrey: I could use a snack and I know you wouldn't turn down a Bailey's gelato and we just sit and talk. Maybe put on some music, eh?
Rosek: ::grins impishly:: You know me too well. That does sound nice.
Orrey: ::He patted her leg as he stood.:: You start the music and I'll get the food then.
- She smirked, resisting the urge to swat his tight backside. Shaking her head, she entered a series of commands into the nearby monitor, starting the first strains of Muse’s “Starlight” in the background.::
- The pair sat and laughed through their desserts and the drinks that came after. Between the conversation, gifts and food the evening was practically perfect, even a little dancing.::
- Lael sighed as she slid onto the couch, a glass of champagne in her hand to end the evening, then patted the cushion beside her.::
Rosek: So...what did you do when you were on Earth?
Orrey: Oh bit of personal exploring cherie. ::He settled into the couch with his glass of scotch in his hand.:: Found family I never knew about.
Lt. Lael Rosek HCO Officer USS Gorkon I238110RH0
Lieutenant Junior Grade Jansen Orrey M.D. Diplomatic Attaché/Counselor USS Gorkon O238506JO0