Nic del Vedova
|Niccolò del Vedova|
|Birthplace||Leichhardt, Australia, Earth|
Niccolò Del Vedova is a medical doctor and an officer of the Federation Starfleet. After the destruction of the hospital ship under his command, the USS T'Setain, del Vedova requested reassignment to a non-command position. He was then assigned as a diplomatic officer on the ship of his old friend Roshanara Rahman, the USS Veritas, where he served for about six months before pursuing and being granted a transfer back to medical. He is currently on medical leave on the USS Thor following a debilitating illness during the course of his duties aboard the Veritas. This follows a long service record in the Menthar Corridor, in which he served as a medical officer at the ranks of lieutenant, junior grade through commander, as well as a command officer aboard the USS Syracuse. He also served aboard the USS Za as director of medical research.
- Height: 1.70m (5'7")
- Weight: 77 kg (170 lbs).
- Hair Color: Auburn
- Length of Hair: Shortish
- Eye Colour: Cobalt
- Skin Tone: Olive
- Birthmarks, Scars: A constellation of scars along the back of his neck
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: None
- Build: Stocky, barrel-chested
- Carriage: Confidant
- Taste in Clothing: Casual, unconcerned
- Voice: Loud and authoritative
- Handedness: Right
Niccolò, most often known as Del, is a doctor who epitomized the stereotype of the Australian-Italian on Earth, but whose boisterousness and confrontational nature are balanced by a keen bedside manner and a quick and adaptive mind.
|Starfleet Promotion & Assignment History|
|Lieutenant JG||238905.01 - 238911.15||
|Lieutenant||238911.15 - 239012.24||Chief of Emergency Medical Services|
|Lieutenant||239012.24 - 239103.25||
|Chief of Emergency Medical Services|
|Lieutenant Commander||239103.25 - 239206.17|
|Menthar Corridor & USS Invicta|
|Commander||239206.18 - 239305.15||
USS Invicta & Menthar Corridor
|Director of Medical Research|
|Commander||239305.15 - 239308.07||
|Commander||239308.07 - 239407.04||
|Director of Medical Research|
|Commander||239407.04 - 239411.30||
|Commander||239412.01 - 239509||
|Commander||239509 - 239502||
|Commander||239602 - 239612||
|Chief Medical Officer|
- Aron Kells and Del have known each other since their Academy days, though they were initially only acquaintances and only became better friends afterward, when their work brought them closer together. Del had been especially alienated by the latter of Aron's two temporal accidents; he didn't recognize very much of his friend in the older man's body. After this accident was reversed, they served together on the USS Invicta, at which time their friendship became something more romantic.
- Roshanara Rahman was just a patient to Del at first when she first came aboard the USS Mercury in 2389, but the two quickly formed an unlikely friendship and have since had their share of adventures in the Menthar Corridor. When Roshanara -- or "Rosh" as Del calls her -- came to him concerning a mysterious medical ailment, he attempted to help her over the next two years, but he ultimately had to declare her medically unfit for duty in 2391. Still, he would not let his friend face the next chapter of her life alone, and he took a leave of absence to accompany her back to Earth.