|Birthplace||London, England, Earth|
Ensign Martin Watson was serving as a Security Officer aboard the USS Gorkon.
- Height: 6'5"
- Weight: 220 lbs
- Hair: Blond
- Eyes: Blue
- Telepathic ability T2
- Father: Hamish Watson, a doctor who has written many detective stories as a hobby
- Mother: Genevieve Watson, a former dancer, she left her career to marry Hamish at aged 22
- Brother: Percy Watson, a free spirit who moves in circles Martin would rather not think about
Martin and his younger brother were both born at home, delivered by their father. Both attended St. Paul's School in Barnes, South West London until college. Percy chose the Florence University of the Arts and became an art dealer who walks a fine line between being a legitimate businessman and a purveyor of items that may have fallen off the back of a truck. Martin was accepted into Star Fleet Academy on his second attempt.
Martin received the gift of Sight, commonly referred to as premonition, from his maternal grandmother. He can't control when a vision will appear, but he is rarely wrong. He keeps the visions to himself, but his family is well aware of his talent. Since it's so infrequent in appearing, Martin sometimes forgets the ability is there.
Friends and Lovers
- Former Fiancee: Margo Hammersmith
The daughter of Martin's father's business partner - Margo and Martin were best friends growing up. She knows everything about him, even things that Martin doesn't fully understand or acknowledge. He left her at the altar, but with her blessing.
- Friend: Jeremy Hammersmith
Margo's older brother. He and Martin never saw eye to eye on anything. He rather unexpectedly realized that it was Jeremy he was in love with, leading him to go to the man's hotel room on the eve of Martin's failed wedding. Jeremy wasn't alone, making it a bit awkward. The next month, Martin applied to the Academy.
USS Resolution and USS Excalibur-A
A security officer Martin met on Resolution, Aine was Martin's first contact with the department and instantly found her to be someone to emulate. When she left Excalibur, Martin was without a mentor. He decided to take a chance on a transfer, and perhaps find love again. Eventually.
One of the many doctors on board, Martin was pleased to learn the El-Aurian/human hybrid was his new room mate. They are starting to bond over music and the arts, something many in the Fleet do not seem to appreciate.
- Temperment: While on the job, Martin appears to be a by the book officer, constantly noticing behaviors of the people around him. He does not raise his voice, as people tend to listen when he speaks. When off duty, Martin has a sly sense of humor that is not immediately apparent.
- Hobbies: Writing poetry, sharp shooting, plays a shawm, a traditional British woodwind instrument from Earth's medieval and Renaissance period. He has one that has been passed down for generations, but keeps it at his parent's home. He has a replicated instrument that he keeps with him. He's attempting to learn how to draw, but is very self critical of his work.