|Crew of the USS Avandar|
|Ensign Johnathan Pike|
Starfleet Medical Oath
I Johnathan Thomas Pike swear by all that I hold sacred, with respect, compassion, humility, and dedication to the welfare of all life, that according to my best ability and judgment I will keep the following oath:
- I will be loyal to the profession of medicine and to the highest good of all sentient life, and I will treat with justice and compassion all who come to me seeking care. I will lead my life and practice my profession with uprightness and honor, and I will abstain forever from all corrupt behavior and all vice.
- Wherever I travel, I will seek to do good for all people, whether sick or well, and I will never deliberately cause harm to any sentient being. I will not practice my profession for any motive or profit, other than the best care of those patients entrusted to me, and I will never practice in the aid of any criminal or ethically wrong endeavor.
- I will be completely honest with my patients in all matters. When such honesty requires me to deliver bad news, I will always take the patient's beliefs and customs into consideration. Whatever my patients tell me in the course of their care shall remain forever secret with me.
- I will sit in judgment of no one, regardless of their illness or circumstances, but will always provide them care to the best of my ability without prejudice. I will not refuse care to any patient, regardless of their species, race, gender, creed, or affiliation.
- I will remain a student my whole professional life, striving to learn as much as possible about my profession from other physicians and patients alike. I will also function as a teacher for my patients to allow them to make the best choices about their care.
- As long as I faithfully observe the tenets of this oath, I shall be entitled to call myself Physician, with all the respect and honor accorded thereto; but if I should ever violate this oath, the reverse shall be my lot.
Stats & Appearance
- Full Name: Johnathan Thomas Pike
- Race: Human and Vulcan Hybrid
- Date of Birth: 237009.30
- Place of Birth: Paris, Earth
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: T0, E0 Telepathic/Empathic Scale
- Height: 6ft
- Weight: 150lbs
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Length of Hair: Short
- Age: 29
- Eye Color: Blue
- Skin Tone: Caucasian
- Birthmarks, Scars: scar on his left forearm due
- Build: Slim, but fit
- Carriage: Properly mannered with chin held high. Sometimes a smug look on his face.
- Handedness: Left
- Favorite Room: Ten Forward
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Seventh-Day Adventist
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Music, trumpet, singing, chess, Xenobiology, exobiology, theoretical quantum physics, etc.
- Likes: Chocolate, cheesecake, cottage cheese loaf, stuffed bell peppers, stuffed mushrooms, lemon meringue pie, Andorian brandy, etc.
- Dislikes: Spinach, cooked carrots, Leola root, lack of etiquette, etc.
- Ambitions and Goals: Win the Starfleet Medical and perhaps one day become the captain of a vessel.
- Achievements in Life: Doctorate at the Cochrane Institute writing his thesis "Field Distortion in Espina Phenomena" and "Observed Vackrinos Properties in Subspace Fields." (Other information currently unavailable)
- Disappointments in Life: Did not win the Intergalactic Nobel for his Doctoral thesis.
- Temperament: Calm, confident, and a little haughty/arrogant.
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): None
- Physical Limitations: None at this time.
- Marital Status: Single
- Children: None
- Father: Javert Pike
- Mother: Emily Pike
- Sister: Cassie Pike
- Sister: Emma Pike
- Brother: Charles Pike
Johnathan is a built man with a strong chin and a kind face. He has a scar on his left forearm due to an altercation with a Klingon. Because he is 1/4 Vulcan he still retains slightly pointed ears and a somewhat serious expression. Johnathan comes from a proud family which has served in Star Fleet for nearly one-hundred years. His Father Captain Pike (Not associated with Kirk's first captain) Served aboard the USS Clement (NCC-12537) for nearly twenty years. His mother is a consultant on the board of the Vulcan science counsel.
Johnathan has one brother and two sisters. He does not get along with his brother who has been penalizes at the Ebla 2 asylum for crimes against the state. His sisters Cassie and Emma are both in the medial field. Cassie specializes in micro genetics and Emma specializes in neural biology. Although Johnathan was born in Paris, he grew up in a stately manor in the foothills of Colorado. During his childhood education he was often distracted and did poorly. His parents realized it was due to his boredom in school and transferred him to a gifted learning center in Denver.
Before his admittance into Star Fleet Academy Johnathan worked as an intern doing repairs on damaged shuttle craft. Johnathan spent four years at Star Fleet Academy, where he then went on to the Daystrom Institute of Technology and got his Doctorate in theoretical physics and Masters in computer Engineering. Johnathan then pursued another Doctorate at the Cochrane Institute writing his thesis "Field Distortion in Espina Phenomena" and "Observed Vackrinos Properties in Subspace Fields." In between degrees Johnathan took a defensive course at the Vulcan Institute for Definsive Arts. Finally Johnathan Graduated from Star Fleet Command School, emphasizing General Medicine.
Johnathan plays the trumpet. He prefers classical music and jazz along with the occasional Klingon opera. He loves to dance Latin dances and is an accomplished fencer. Johnathan is multi-lingual speaking, French, English, Klingon fluently. Because of his Doctorate he has understanding in theoretical and subspace physics. He is an accomplished speaker and negotiates well between people. He is proficient in the art of "fosh" or the Vulcan defense. Unfortunately he can be gruff and very blunt. He keeps to his work and is a little haughty due to his upper class upbringing. This may cause him to get into trouble.
- 2392 Posted aboard USS Atlantis
- 2392 Assists in the Evacuation of Bravo Station
- 2392 Transfers to the USS Avandar after a short LOA
Johns room aboard the USS Avandar is approximately 85 square meters of personal living quarters space. These accommodations include a bedroom, living/work area, and a small bathroom. Living quarters decks are designed to be modular with movable walls to permit reconfiguration for requests as crew load and structure change. Other amenities available include food synthesizer terminals (replicators), sonic showers, standard showers, null-grav sleeping chambers, and personal holographic viewers.
- Johnathan keeps a personal log personal log here.
- Johnathan keeps a professional log professional log here.
Awards and Commendations
|Johnathan Thomas Pike- Awards History|
- Recently assigned to the USS Atlantis as a Medical Officer.
- Transferred to the USS Avandar as a Medical officer under CMO Raj Blueheart.
|Cadet First Class||239202.15||Graduated Starfleet Academy||Medical Officer|
|Ensign||239202.15 - 239207.14||USS Atlantis||Medical Officer|
|Ensign||239207.14 - Present||USS Avandar||Medical Officer|
|NPC Listing · USS Avandar Crew Manifest · Crew History