Lieutenant (junior grade) Ceann Oranan is a Betazoid diplomatic officer currently serving on the USS Vigilant.
- Full Name: Ceann Onaran
- Race: Betazoid
- Date of Birth: 236307.28
- Place of Birth: City of Rixx, Betazed
- Age: 27
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: T4
- Height: 1.83 m
- Weight: 80kg
- Hair Color: Dark blond/Light Brown
- Length of Hair: Short
- Eye Color: Black
- Skin Tone: Tanned
- Birthmarks, Scars: None
- Build: Slim
- Carriage: Confident
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Smart/Casual, always stylish
- Voice: Quiet, soothing
- Handedness: Left
- Quarters: Ceann rarely stays in one place long enough to personalise his quarters
- Favorite Room: Mess hall or any other social area
- Mannerisms: Given his position, he is generally sparing in his use of rank and titles. This can make it seem as if he is very cocky. He projects an aura of ability and excellence that comes across as arrogance.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: He has a cultural, rather than spiritual, attachment to the Betazoid religion from his grandparents who were more devout
- Hobbies and Pastimes: He likes to socialise and is a serial dater
- Ambitions and Goals: He is very career-minded and aims for a speedy move through the ranks
- Achievements in Life: Getting into Starfleet on the first attempt. Recieving several academic scholarships.
- Disappointments in Life: Not following his parents into artistic careers and feeling their disappointment in him; inability to help his mother following her medical problems.
- Temperment: Good-natured,outgoing and eager to please.
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): He has a classic case of survivor guilt since his parents were both destroyed by the Dominion Occupation and he has managed to live a relatively normal life.
- Marital Status: Single
- Father: Lerad (deceased)
- Mother: Braywin
- Siblings: None
- Grandfather: Deralin
- Grandmother: Lwenna
Ceann grew up in a slightly atypical, bohemian family on Betazed. His mother, an artist, and his father, a musician, had been disappointed by his apparent lack of interest in artistic pursuits. The family moved often to follow musical tours and artist commissions and Ceann, an only child, often found himself isolated and alone.
During the Dominion Occupation of his world, Ceann's father disappeared. His whereabouts were never discovered, although it is assumed that he was killed along with thousands of others. When the Occupation was over and he was not found among the survivors of the prison camps, Braywin had suffered a serious mental breakdown and was hospitalised for several years. Ceann was taken in by his grandparents who continued to raise him even after his mother was released from hospital.
This experience lead to Ceann's decision to follow a fairly typical Betazoid career path and study psychology.
Given his mother's unstable life, Ceann chose to pursue a career in Starfleet initially as a way of escaping. He did well in the Academy and did excelled in the areas of trauma counselling and diplomacy. He spent his assistant counselling tour on Starbase 55 before being promoted to lieutenant (junior grade) and accepting his current assignment with Starfleet Medical. He was assigned to the Vigilant following the mission on Duronis II which lead to the death of several crewmen and the injury of more. Along with the other members of the crew, he was forced into an alien altered reality. In this reality, Ceann was a psychologist who had been plagued by past mental health problems, as his telepathy bled through into the fake reality he began to question his own sanity.
Following his experiences in the "Ravensville" experiment, he was transferred to the diplomatic corps and was assigned permanently to the Vigilant.