|Birthplace||McGrady's Family Ranch, Wyoming, Earth|
Ensign Ashley Farren Roy is currently serving as a Science Officer aboard the USS Gemini.
- Height: 5'5"
- Weight: 103 Lbs
- Hair: Black
- Length: Short
- Eyes: Azure
- Skin Tone: Very Fair (Rarely goes outside)
- Build: Lanky
- Marital Status: Never dated, despite a lack of trying
- Father: Bill Aherne
- Mother: Libby Roy
- Siblings: Numerous
Born on a ranch in Wyoming, young Ashley was barely noticed among his other siblings. His sisters managed to always trump him in sports, and his brothers were intellectual prodigies. Not believing he was noted by his family, he began to form nervous habits around others. This included stuttering, mumbling, and eye avoidance. When he turned 18, he applied to the Academy, and by the shock of his family (especially his brothers) was finally accepted after a third application.
Years at the Academy were very difficult on the shy human. He excelled at his science courses, but always ended retaking tactical, philosophy, and leadership classes at least once or twice, and although rarely, a third time. In his last year at the age of 27, he hoped to complete the Academy exam, on the third try of course. Upon success, Ashley found that he had completed enough credits to graduate with his degree in Medical Cybernetics, as well and complete a majority of the coursework towards a medical degree. However, due to his phobias, he is unable to complete the practical portions of the course. With the permission of Starfleet Medical, should he be effective enough in the field, he will be awarded his medical degree despite deficiencies.
To err is to be human, and no one is more prone to error than Ashley. Due to his inability to socialize, he has developed a number of neurotic tendencies so as to cope with daily life. Below is a list of the ones discovered, thus far.
Fear is the unpleasant emotion caused by the belief something is considered harmful and dangerous. While Ashley may fear these, he can cope with his fears provided he is not under undue stress.
- Fear of hyposprays
- Fear of physical contact (Haphephobia)
- Fear of eye contact
- Fear of tall people (Gigantasophobia)
- Fear of authority - a rather new addition
- Fear of Telepaths/Empaths - Brought on upon waking up in Sickbay and finding that the ship's counselor had read his dreams whilst unconscious. To make matters worse, he doesn't recall the dream, thus he fears he may be suffering from a derangement.
Despite never being formally diagnosed, Ashley strongly reacts to the following with a corresponding condition
- Cats - Hives - especially kittens after his final attempt at the Cadet Exam
- Roses - Uncontrollable sneezing - likely due to a ghost from his past
Through personal perseverance, Ashley can overcome his nature, so as to no longer be affected. The following list describes the phobias that have been cured and the nature of the event that cured him.
- Fear of humans (Anthropophobia) - Does not extend to any other species
- Interaction with Ensign Vi Greaves resulted in Ashley being sent to sickbay after very nearly biting off his lower lip. Upon waking, he saw that Greaves had made sure that he was alright, despite having no personal connections to him. For this reason, he has deemed that humans are not to be inherently distrusted, as he was the cause of his own misfortune. This is a recent development and it will take time for Ashley to adjust his personality to new beliefs.
|Ensign||239111.17 - 239112.03||USS Victory||Medical|
|Ensign||239112.03 - 239112.09||USS Gemini||Medical|
|Ensign||239112.09 - 239202.28||USS Gemini||Science|
|Lieutenant JG||239202.28 - Present||USS Gemini||Science|
|NPC Listing · USS Gemini Crew Manifest · Crew History