"Oh beans, I-I don't know!" - Vaala
Ensign Vaala is a Klingon nurse currently assigned to Starbase 515, in training to be a counsellor. She is very tall (and self-conscious about it), clumsy and woefully unlucky, prone to fits of nervousness and anxiety. This is particularly problematic when compounded with her great strength and size.
- Full Name: Vaala
- Age: 31
- Species: Klingon
- Gender: Female
- Hair color: Black
- Eye color: Brown
- Height: 206cm (6'9")
- Telepathic status: 0
- Place of Birth: Khitomer
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: None
- Skin Tone: Dark
- Handedness: Left
Vaala was born on Khitomer in Klingon space to parents who had already produced one great Klingon warrior, Inande the Immortal Slayer of Time and Space, who had fought at practically every battle the Empire had been involved in. Inande had survived the great attack on Deep Space Nine, she had bombed Cardassia from orbit, she had fought the Dominion and earned herself untold glory.
Her little sister, however, sadly didn't live up to her big sister's example. Disowned by her parents but determined to make something of herself, Vaala enlisted in Starfleet Academy with the aim of being a counsellor.
- Mother: Klaaina the Unmercifully Genocidal, daughter of Araxi the Battle Mistress of Relentless Carnage
- Father: Mukhave the Bringer of Death, son of Khard the Slayer of the Skies
- Siblings: A sister named Inande the Immortal Slayer of Time and Space
- Spouse: None
- Children: None
- Quarters: Vaala's quarters are neat and organised, but have a distinct pink theme; every surface is packed with bright pink toys, teddy bears, unicorns, targs, and fluffy cute creatures of all descriptions. On her bed is a giant pink teddy-bear named Mister Huggle.
- Mannerisms/Habits: Vaala is a nervous, shy, anxious Klingon who is almost always fidgeting with something, playing with her hair, wringing her hands, or otherwise trying to "keep it together".
- Temperament: Vaala is painfully shy, especially when meeting new people, and tends to get her words mixed up. Despite this she is a chronic people-pleaser, doing anything she can to bring a smile to everyone around her. Sometimes this can be a bit much.
- Strength: Despite almost never exercising, Vaala has an extremely strong grip and a huge amount of upper body strength. However, her endurance is terrible, and she can barely jog for a short time before being out of breath.
- Euphamisms: Vaala almost never swears or curses, instead preferring to use strange food-related euphemisms ("Oh beans!", "Cupcakes!", etc).
- Physicality: Vaala is a hugger.
Plagued by severe allergies, Vaala carries various antiallegens and an adrenaline autoinjector to combat the inevitable anaphylaxis. Painfully shy, almost paranormally clumsy and very self-conscious, Vaala is probably the only Klingon in the entire history of the galaxy to be defeated in honourable combat... by a Tribble. It turns out she is terribly allergic to the creatures and develops anaphylaxis when exposed to their fur.
At the time of writing, Vaala is allergic to:
A chronic people-pleaser, Vaala counts almost *everyone* she meets as her friend, applying the label quickly and easily.
- Mikali sh'Shar - Although not an angry or hateful person, Vaala considers Mikali sh'Shar to be extremely disasteful and crude and finds her utterly insufferable. There was also a mysterious incident on Eden, when the two of them were assigned to the USS Avandar, which Vaala point-blank refuses to discuss.