|Memory 118 Guide •|
A Tycho Sunset is an alcoholic beverage from Tycho City.
- Place of Origin: Tycho City, Luna, Sol
- Preferred Temperature: 5 degrees Celsius
- Prominent Flavors: Sweet and tangy. Mostly depends on the quality of the port used.
- Serving Suggestions: Served on the rocks with a sugar frosted rim and a slice of lemon.
- Prominent Ingredients: Port, Vodka and Tycho Java Juice (TJJ, a prominent Luna colony energy drink)
- Alcohol content (if any): Approximately 35% abv
- First take a tall slim glass and fill with ice to approximately 5cms below the rim.
- Next take a double measure of port (100 milliliters) and pour it into the glass.
- Now add a double measure of Vodka (50 milliliters) to the glass.
- Run a slice of lemon around the rim of the glass then carefully apply a thin layer of sugar.
- Finally, using a funnel, fill the glass with Tycho Java Juice until the liquid rests just below the sugared rim.
Ever since the human race have had 'energy drinks' (a product that traces it's origins to 20th century Asia) they have found a way to mix them with alcohol. The Tycho Sunset is one of these products. It can trace it's origins back to the earliest days of the Lunar colony. A barman by the name of Alistair Bridgewater had been researching 20th and 21t century drinks when he stumbled across a recipe that involved a double measure of Port and something called an alchopop. Realizing that alchopops no longer existed but, contained ingredients very similar to Tycho Java Juice he set about recreating the drink.
The name came about from the time of day most people on the colony tended to visit the various bars and restaurants, sunset. In the 24th century, the drink is mainly seen as a way to unwind after a long day at work with the average time to drink the sweet concoction resting at about 30 minutes. The drink is often used as a right of passage for young men and women who reach the legal drinking age on Tycho. The various bars and clubs provide yard versions of the drink for this very purpose.
The taste of this drink proved so popular that a non alcoholic version was crafted for those who choose not to drink alcohol and those under the legal drinking age. This 'virgin' Tycho Sunset consists of red grape juice, synthVodka (0.1% abv) and Tycho Java Juice.
It is said that variations of this drink can be found almost anywhere you find a Terran bar.