Havaris Rann is a Tactical Officer aboard the USS Independence-A.
- Full name: Havaris Rann
- Age (date of birth): 25
- Species: Bajoran
- Gender: Male
- Hair color: Dark Brown
- Eye color: Dark Brown
- Height: 6ft 2 inch
- Parents: Father Mother - details to be supplied in due course
- Siblings: Brother Sister - details to be supplied in due course
- Spouse: None
- Children: None
It should be born in mind that between 2328 and 2369 Bajor was under Cardassian Occupation.
- 235904.01 - Havaris Rann was born on Bajor, during the occupation by the Cardassians. The occupation was the most brutal period in Bajoran history, damaging the highly advanced Bajoran culture. Rann, like many of his people, was born in "refugee camps" where they were
mistreated by the Cardassians. In reality, it was little more than a concentration camp.
- 2362.08.12 Rann's father died at one of the notorious mining labor camps known as Gallitep, commanded by the cruel Gul Darhe'el. Only his families' faith in the Prophets (embodied by Kai Opaka) allowed them to stay strong and believe that they would outlive the
Rann did not go to school. He learnt survival skills the hard way within the labour camps and loved to hear stories of the many resistance cells who opposed the occupation. He particularly sought information about Shakaar's resistance cell, under the lead of Shakaar Edon, a local farmer from Dahkur province and future First Minister of Bajor. He idolized Shakaar and from an early age decided that he would join his cell when old enough to fight the Cardassians.
- 2369 - When Rann was 10 years of age, the Cardassians pulled out from Bajor. The next few years heralded the Dominion War and the young Rann was keen to hear stories of the Allies battles and the victories. Released from the labour camps, Rann finally starts his formal
education, which is not of `Federation Standard'. His goal shifted from joining Shahaar's resistance cell to joining Starfleet to fight the Cardassians.
- 2375 - The Dominion War concludes with the Federation and her allies victorious. Cardassia is in ruins and Rann dreams of joining Starfleet appear possible. It would take a further 5 years of study (between age 16 and 21) before his education would be of sufficient standard to enter Starfleet Academy.
- 238009.01 - Start 1st Year of Academy Training
- 238109.01 - Start 2nd Year of Academy Training
- 238209.01 - Start 3rd Year of Academy Training
- 238309.01 - Start 4th Year of Academy Training
- 238404.23 - Final Graduation Examination
Throughout his period of Starfleet training, Rann has felt inferior to his colleagues. The delay of his formal education is s distinct disadvantage and his frustrations have sometimes boiled over and got him into trouble.