Ensign Quinn Reynolds is currently an engineering officer onboard the USS Triumphant.
- 1 Stats
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Manor
- 4 Personality
- 5 Family
- 6 Personal History
- 7 Professional History
- Full Name: Quinn Erin Reynolds
- Race: Terran/Deltan
- Date of Birth: 235812.14
- Place of Birth: Columbia Hills, Mars.
- Age: 26
- Gender: Female
- Telepathic status: E4 (Suppressed)
- Height: 1.65m (5'5)
- Weight: 51kg (112lbs).
- Hair Colour: Dark Brown.
- Length of Hair: Long.
- Eye Colour: Hazel.
- Skin Tone: Caucasian, pale with freckles.
- Birthmarks, Scars: No significant scars or birthmarks.
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: Single piercing in each earlobe.
- Build: Willowy.
- Carriage: Flighty and quick, usually with her head buried in a datapad.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Earth casual; e.g. jeans, comfortable trousers, loose shirts and t-shirts.
- Voice: Quiet, frequently unsure, touched by a faint mars accent.
- Handedness: Right-handed.
- Quarters: Simply decorated, mostly pictures and sculptures of a variety of starships.
- Favorite Room: Study.
- Mannerisms: Brushing her hair behind her ear when she's nervous, chewing her lip when she's problem solving.
- Physical Limitations: No particular limitations - Quinn is a healthy young woman with no disabilities.
- Temperament: Shy, quiet and thoughtful.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: None.
Quinn was placed in an accelerated learning program as a young girl, and so has spent little time interacting with people her own age. As a result she finds social situations difficult to cope with, often working far better alone than with others. As a result, she comes across as shy, quiet and frequently nervous. Once past her unsure exterior, Quinn is a loyal friend, though she frequently misses verbal and non-verbal cues to her friend's feelings.
Hobbies and Pastimes
- Music: Quinn is an accomplished pianist, and enjoys playing in her spare time.
- Cooking: Specifically, baking. Quinn enjoys making a variety of baked goods and will quite happily spend hours creating her own recipes.
Likes and Dislikes
- Technology: Definite and specific, Quinn finds the logical nature of technology a comfort.
- Music: Mathematics and music have always had a close association, and it is one that Quinn appreciates.
- Answers open to interpretation: A mathematician and engineer by trade, Quinn generally dislikes anything that does not have a straightforward answer (though she has no problem with complex methods leading to a straightforward answer).
- Intuition: As an extension of the above, she finds people who operate on intuition and gut-feelings difficult to understand - any course of action she decides on is backed up by reasoned thought and she dislikes following orders that appear to be missing that basis.
Ambitions and Goals
Quinn's ambitions and goals have been fluid in recent years and continue to be so. One day, she hopes that she can learn to shake off her discomfort in social situations and function more normally around other people. She has no specific goals or objectives in Starfleet other than to perform her duties to the best of her abilities; and though the post of Chief Engineer is one that appeals to her, at the current time she doesn't see how she could function well in that role.
Personal Achievements and Disappointments
Quinn has a somewhat unusual relationship with her personal achievements; despite being the holder of two PhD's and several years of Research and Design experience at Utopia Planetia shipyards, she does not view these as particularly great accomplishments. Rather, they were something she was expected to achieve, were well within her abilities and so she tends brush off any attention regarding them, even appearing arrogant to some. The one thing she is genuinely proud of is her acceptance to and graduation from Starfleet Academy. She found the theoretical work easy, but many other aspects of the Academy's curriculum were a struggle to Quinn and she had to work hard to pass them.
Her greatest disappointment is her continuing battle with her shyness; she had hoped that her time at Starfleet Academy would wipe it away. Though she doesn't struggle in the same way as she used to, Quinn still finds socialising difficult.
Dysfunctional is the best term to describe Quinn's family. She is the result of an affair between her mother and a Deltan by the name of Jeliel. Jeliel is considered a criminal by many Deltans; mating with other species despite knowing the damage it can wreak. Sarah Reynolds was no exception and she eventually succumbed to incapacitating mental illness, leaving her three children in the care of her husband. Quinn's biological father has been conspicuously absent since before she was born, her mother currently resides in a mental institution, her siblings do their best not to acknowledge her and her step-father battles against the overbearing influence of her maternal grandparents.
- Marital Status: Single.
- Number of children: None.
- Mother: Sarah Louise Reynolds (Terran).
- Father: Jeliel (Deltan).
- Step-Father: Stephen Richard Reynolds (Terran).
- Half-Brother: Sean Patrick Reynolds.
- Half-Sister: Siobhan Jessica Isaacs (formerly Reynolds).
- Full Article: Reynolds, Quinn - Personal History
Quinn was born in the Columbia Hills settlement on Mars and the young half-deltan displayed a remarkable intellect at an extremely young age. She was gently encouraged by her step-father and forcibly pushed by her maternal grandparents into exploring her potential. At the tender age of ten, she was accepted by the Daystrom Institute of Technology and began studying for a Bachelor of Science degree in Physics. Growing up on Mars near the Utopia Planetia facility had instilled a love of starships into the girl, and it was in this direction that Quinn chose to channel her genius. Though she found the life of an academic and researcher fulfilling, Quinn felt she had been shoehorned into the role and wished to contribute more actively to the Federation; eventually realising this dream by securing herself a place at Starfleet Academy.
- 2358: Born.
- 2363: Quinn's mother, Sarah, is institutionalised. Quinn is cared for by her step-father.
- 2366: A disastrous trip to Delta IV (with the intention of introducing her to Deltan culture) leaves Quinn with a permanent phobia of water.
Quinn's professional life is remarkably full for someone her age; labelled as 'profoundly gifted' as a child, her intellect equalled and even outstripped others twice her age. Admitted to the Daystrom Institute of Technology after graduating High School, Quinn had already began to turn her studies toward more practical applications of science, achieving her dream of working with starships at the ripe old age of sixteen.
- 2368: Graduates from high school, begins study at the Daystrom Institute of Technology.
- 2370: Completes a BSc in Physics.
- 2373: Completes PhD in Warp Field Theory.
- 2374: Joins the Theoretical Propulsion Group at Utopia Planetia shipyards.
- 2376: Completes PhD in Applied Subspace Theory.
- 2379: Enters Starfleet Academy.
- Date Graduated from Academy: 238401.27
- Current Rank: Ensign.
- Current Assignment: USS Triumphant.
- Duty Post: Engineer.
Awards & Commendations
StarFleet Assessments and Records
- Full Article: Reynolds, Quinn - Starfleet Records
Quinn's time at the Academy was unremarkable; over-achieving in all classical academic aspects and under-achieving in just about everything else, she managed to graduate squarely in the middle of her class. Her first assignment, much to her distress, was to the Defiant class starship, the USS Triumphant.
- 238401.27: Graduates from Starfleet Academy.
- 238401.31: Posted to USS Triumphant, as an engineering officer.
Unknown - due to current turn of events at her duty posting, Quinn has yet to set foot aboard the Triumphant.