Personal Logs · Medical Records
Professional · Personal
Friendships · Romantic
Lieutenant Michael Kelly served as a tactical and enginnering officer aboard StarBase 118 Ops. He was reported missing in January 2389.
- Name: Michael Ryan Kelly
- Nickname: MK
- Race: Terran
- DoB: 236503.24
- PoB: New York City, NY
- Age: 28
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic Status: T/E: 3
- Height: 6'2"
- Weight: 181 lbs.
- Hair: cropped short, Auburn
- Eye: Green
- Skin Tone: Freckled, Irish
- Birthmarks/Scars: phaser scar on his right upper arm
- Build: Built, large chest, but in shape
- Face: narrow, pointed chin
- Carriage: military, parade rest
- Taste in Clothing (Off Duty): outdoor gear: boots, comfortable jeans, short-sleeved shirt, sometimes a short-sleeved open collared button-down shirt
- Voice: Barritone
- Handedness: ambidexterous
- Temperment: Logical, intellectual, cocky and somewhat sarcastic
- Habits: has a tendency to chew on toothpicks, and failing that (without realizing it), his fingers.
Hobbies and Pastimes
When not on the job, Mike's first preference is working on some kind of mechanical/engineering project. He loves vehicles, be it ships, cars, motorcycles, shuttles. He also loves classic 20th Century rock and roll (he has a massive collection of the rock band, Aerosmith), running/jogging (preferably on planet, but he'll take a holodeck), archery (something he fell in love with) and likes to collect ancient weapons.
Likes and Dislikes
Mike loves history. If he had to do it over again, he would have focused on archaelogy and anthropology. Give him old ruins of any given culture, he's the first to sign up so he can go explore. He also discovered a love for linguistics, although he's never been able to master languages. He can, however, identity the root language and translate ancient/archane languages. He absolute hates looters/graverobbers. No matter how hard his sister, Elizabeth, tries, she still can't get Mike to like brussel sprouts. He doesn't like feeling the dunce, and he has a bit of a hard time with appropriate command salutations (even Mike admits it, he slips up with the sirs, ma'ams, and like), but his love for flying is right on par with his love of history.
Ambitions and Goals
Mike has a "bucket list" of things he wants to accomplish before retiring, including but not limited to:
- leading an Intelligence mission
- getting his own command someday
- diving off a starship and free-fall onto some planet
- find the woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with
- adopt kids (just in case he can't have any)
- actaully be able to speak a foreign language (even if he has no aptitude)
- be the first engineer to design the engine that sends a ship into another galaxy
- <<<<axed due to inappropriate content>>>>>
- Marital Status: Single
- Children: None
- Father: Ryan Patrick Kelly, retired (New York District Attorney)
- Mother: Dr. Elsie Margaret Harris, Hopwell Foundation
- Sister: Elizabeth Anne Kelly (18), entering Starfleet Academy
- Brother: Lt. Sean Mitchell Kelly (26), Tactical officer, USS Ivanovich
Michael Ryan Kelly was born to former New York State's District Attorney Ryan P. Kelly and Dr. Elsie M. Harris, a premiere geneticist with the Hopwell Foundation, although he spent the bulk of his youth rebelling against his parents and spent more times on the streets of New York rather than primary school. To Mike's credit, he didn't become lost to the criminal element and instead chose to carve a path being the knowledge base. He made it his business in his childhood to know everything he could about the neighborhoods, often times referred to as "MK" or the "Brain" to the kids he hung with.
During his early teen years, Mike and his brother Sean, along with their friend Ben Whitecastle, trespassed onto a game preserve to run a mock marine exercise. Unbeknownst to them, the entered into an area where a pack of Cetti Wolves had been imported and unknowingly threatened a litter of cubs. The trio were nearly mauled before the Preserve Warden and a group of wilderness rangers arrived in time to resolve the conflict without harming anyone. Once their injuries were dealt with, the three boys were given an opportunity to intern with the rangers as part of their probation for trespassing. They accepted, finding the experience both rewarding and helped shape their lives. Ben left after the probation period was over. Sean and Mike remained, spending the rest of their teen years working as Rangers on game preserves throughout Earth and the Sol System.
Mike realized along the way that he needed to find out what it was in this life he wanted to do. His dad made his mark in the legal system, and his mom excelled in science, by the time Mike turned sixteen his older brother Sean was already in Starfleet Academy working towards strategic operations, and he found himself torn between his need to know to his impulsive mechanic nature (first on early 20th Century cars to his ultimate passion, motorcycles). He liked the idea of going into Engineering, but he also wanted sometime that complimented his desire to "know" as well as build on his outdoor training, lending itself to something within the tactical and Intelligence communities.
By the time Mike turned eighteen, he had turned his grades around and managed to finish within the top 15 of his class. He signed up for Starfleet and still torn, plunged himself into a nightmarish schedule to pull the impossible: a double degree in Engineering and Strategic Operations. He almost burned out in his third year, running on as little sleep possible while keeping his grades as high as possible (the competition between the brothers Sean and Michael Kelly is well known, as Sean made Lieutenant faster than any graduate possible in the capacity of serving as the Ivanoch's Chief Tactical Officer).
Functioning on as little sleep as possible, Mike went into his final year by promotoing a graduate project: the construction of a star system hopper he dubbed "Puddle-Class", a sleek, five person max shuttlecraft with a needle-nose and inversion deuterium warp core, maximizing on the chamber/nacelle output for short range distance (or the ability to jump to local starsystems without the need of a starship), right on top that getting dumped on Rilos VI with the 158th Batallion. It was on Rilos that Michael caught phaser fire that resulted in a scar on his right upper arm while penetrating a Pythos Installation. He cleared his Tactical/Intelligence Field Operations certification by setting off charges that burned the installation to its foundations.
Returning to Starfleet Academy at Lake Michigan, Michael beat out his brother by finishing a semester early, graduating in January of 2388 rather than June. His instructors know him to have a somewhat cocky attitude, but cite that Mike is a team player who will go the distance for the people he works with. He was initially assigned to the USS Victory before the crew was reassigned to Starbase 118. While serving aboard the station, Michael requisitioned the central computer core of the USS Ranger-A, determined to resolve the virus that had plagued the ship's system since returning from the mirror universe (also in part, he learned of the legendary Commodore Kelly, although as far as Michael knew, there was no relation). Attempting to decipher the cascading core failure drove him over the edge, whereupon his mental breakdown confined him to quarters.
His long-time best and close friend, E'Brelle, was the last person to see him. On a routine check-in, the Medical staff discovered Michael was no longer in his room. A swift check of the station revealed Michael was no longer on station either. It's believed that E'Brelle took him with her when she left.
- Wilderness Ranger: June 2381 - September 2384
- Starfleet Academy: September 2384 - January 2388
- Degree: Engineering, Tactical/Intelligence
- Minor: Field Operations
- 238801.15: Graduate, StarFleet Academy, Lake Michigan, Earth
- 238802.02: Rank, Ensign
- 238802.03: Assigned to the USS Victory
- 238805.11: Promotion to Lt.JG
- 238806.27: Assigned to Starbase 118 Ops
- 238808.30: Promotion to Lieutenat
- 238812.15: Psychological Trauma confined him to Quarters
- 238901.18: Vanished