Jump to navigation Jump to search
|USS Discovery C|
|John A. Shagan|
|Records and file|
Civilian, foreign species culture and musical arts specialist John Shagan is a Terran aboard the USS Discovery-C. His sister Telice Shagan is a medical officer on the same ship.
- Full Name: John Alasdair Shagan
- Current Rank: Civilian
- Race: Terran
- Date of Birth: 235710.09
- Place of Birth: San Francisco, CA - Earth
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: 0 - Extra Sensory Perception (Telepathic scale)
- Height: 6' (1.83m)
- Weight: 167 pds (76 kgs)
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Green
Hobbies & Interests
- Playing new instruments
- Repairing things
- Spouse: None
- Children: None
- Father: Jethro Shagan, American Nationality, Lt Cmdr with Starfleet, ground engineer (born 233608.15).
- Mother: Sarah Duparquet, French nationality (born 233506.15, deceased).
- Siblings: Telice Shagan (sister), currently medical officer on the USS Discovery-C.
- 235710.09: Born in San Francisco, CA, Earth.
- 236103.08: Touches an Aldean musical instrument for the first time and instinctively produces a melody.
- 236302.19: Birth of his sister [[Shagan, Telice|Telice Shagan)]. Though jealousy is unvoidable John is mostly happy to have a sibling.
- 237409.24: Receives the interplanetary prize of most promising musical talent, delivered by a Starfleet representative.
- 237503.02: Mother dies of a rare disease. John is shellshocked and has regular counseling sessions.
- 237508.15: Follows xenobiology and foreign musical arts classes as an auditor at Starfleet Academy. Works the odd jobs on the side.
- 237909.20: Is offered a foreign arts teaching position in Paris. Moves to France.
- 238007.02: His sister moves in with him to cut costs on living in a large city while following a medical course in Paris.
- 238102.13: Obtains double nationality, American and French, on the grounds that his mother was French.
- 238407.28: Telice moves out and enters the Academy. Her absence is deeply felt.
- 238810.30: Proclaimed one of Earth foremost foreign musical arts specialists.
- 238907.02: Offered a civilian position with Starfleet. He accepts on condition that he be assigned to the same ship as his sister.
- 238907.20: Rejoinds DS-285 where the Discovery-C is docked while its crew is on shore leave.
John knows how to play and/or has conducted lectures on the musical instruments below. Additionally, he can sing quite well.
- Piano, harpischord, organ
- Flute, clarinet, Irish flute, harmonic flute
- Violin, guitar, hurdy-gurdy, viola
- Harmonica, sax, serpent
- Aldean mental instrument
- Algolian instrument
- Bajoran lute & belaklavion
- Betazoid chime
- Klingon accordion & concertina
- Risian lute
- Vulcan bells, lute & drum
- Trill piano