Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ensign Ij'sik-Ren, an Aurelian Male, is currently a science officer specializing in xeno-biological studies as well as an xeno-historical consort aboard the
- Full Name: Ij'sik-R'en
- Date of Birth:
- Place of Birth: Aurelia
- Age: 25
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: N/a
- Height: 6 ft 8 inches (Wings Protrude upwards to 8 Ft 3 inches)
- Wingspan: Around 8 ft 6 inches long (long enough and strong enough to support him for medium use in flight.)
- Weight: 305lbs (including weight of wings)
- Feather Color: Rich yellow in color
- Eye Color: Deep Blue
- Tribal Markings: Ij'sik-R'en has received his beak tattoos denoting his originating flock as that of the notable "Quellan-Omet" Tribe, which is most distinguished among the various flocks of Aurelians as being some of the greatest and innovative thinkers, historians, and scribes. As well, R'en recieved the tattoo denoting his completion of his right of passage into adult hood at the same time.
- Build: He is tall, lean, and muscular, with strong impressive wings, which when unfurled can bring an impressive sight to any who are in proximity.
- Face: Avian like with long beak adorned with brilliant spiraling blue tattoos which mach the shade of his eyes perfectly.
- Eyes: Brilliant solid blue color with no distinguishable difference between iris and pupil. As like most Aurelians, Ij'sik-R'en is blessed with extraordinary eye sight.
- Beak: Razor Sharp though Ij'sik-R'en would never think to use it as a means of violoence other than the safety and protection of his flock or his crew, which he sees as an extension of his flock.
- Arms: Long lean and muscular, hands nimble yet talon-ed. Ij'sik R'en is good with his hands and often employs an assortment of complex to simple instruments for use in his studies and his recordings of histories.
- Legs: strong, agile, yet he is more clumsy on foot than he is in the air.
- Carriage: He is in every way the full synthesis of an avian and humanoid. Though he mostly walks speaks and talks, and eats like most humanoids do, he nonetheless has very distinct bird-like qualities in every facet of his life, be it in mannerisms, quick gestures, a restlessness in confined spaces, and a habit of great curiosity about others, which serves him well in his particular branches of study.
- Poses (Hands/Gestures, Feet/Legs, Torso/Head): Ij'sik-R'en has a habit of cocking his head to one side just like an owl or other bird might do while listening or thinking as he studies the speaker with unblinking blue eyes. He often crosses his arms, with his clawed hands on his elbows. As well, he sometimes is in the habit, most notably on special occasions where most others would be in full decorative uniform, of having his wings fastened around his neck in such a way as to almost be like a cloak of sorts.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Aurelians do not wear clothes of any kind, however they are in the habit of using special harnesses in order to hold tools and work devices and Ij'sik-R'en has a number of such harnesses for a number of different uses and configurations and is usually in general quite skilled at coming up with new pairings should the need arise. Because there is the potential for his wings to be disruptive on board a star ship (indeed aurelians are not even used to being on star ships and a sudden 8 1/2 feet long wingspan in a corrider or office would indeed make quite a stir!), he almost always has his wings in a special harness that pins them tightly against his back, and prevents them from unfurling on there own "free will", which even happens to the most trained aurelian in moments of agitation and or excitement. This particular harness is easily undone however with but one press of a button and his wings can easily be used again should the need arise. Often, to exercise his wings (and partially to keep from going insane from claustrophobia) Ij'sik-R'en will do flight simulations in the holodeck and will simulate wind currents and scenery changes to help give him a break from his confining restraints. He also is quick to volunteer himself, whether truly needed or not, for any and all away missions (both because of his insatiable desire for more knowledge and history of alien worlds and cultures, but also, because it usually means he gets the chance to fly free and uninhibited).
- Voice: Calm, direct, sometimes abrupt or staccato in manner of speaking. Like most Aurelian's Ij'sik-R'en enjoys telling long stories, histories and even performing and singing music and songs for others. However, in most cases he comes from a specific tradition and line of historians in which he deems observing and recording history (even unfolding history) as much more important than manipulating outcomes of events. He of course will not hesitate to give what ever information or knowledge is relevant about a situation, but he will otherwise keep quiet unless he feels the need to speak.
- Handedness: As someone who is rather skilled with his hands in general, be it working on scientific equipment, tinkering with makeshift devices and harnesses, or playing the few musical instruments he is accomplished with, Ij'sik-R'en is mostly ambidextrous, though he of course has a slight natural tendency to favor his right hand.
- Favorite Room: Library and Ships Archives, Holodeck, and Observation Lounge.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Ij'sik-R'en believes very strongly in the Aurelian belief that the Pho'Nix shaped the heavens and the stars and all that there is in the galaxy. The Pho'Nix is a mystical bird made entirely out of living flame, and to remind himself of this reality, Ij'sik carries a set of leather-like gauntlets affixed to his left and right arms, which are adorned with 8 droplet shaped A'urin crystals in a compass pattern, reminding him that the Pho'Nix power and reach can be felt to the farthest reaches of the universe, in every possible direction. (The gauntlets also hold unique miniature data pads and recording devices so that he is able to document and analyze historical and species related information.)
- Hobbies and Pastimes:
- Ambitions and Goals:
- Achievements in Life:
- Disappointments in Life:
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias):
- Physical Limitations: Though Ij'sik-R'en is by most standards a rather healthy and hardy member of his species, the number of aurelians that have ever ventured off their homworld has always been relatively small, almost miniscule. That means his body is not prepared fully for the number of different allergies, contagions and so forth that can be found in space and on hostile worlds. His immune system is strong, but he will most likely have a tendency to get sick more often than most of his other counterparts. The other limitation he faces is that of flight. Like most Aurelian adults he is indeed able to fly, though doing so does take considerable effort, thereby making long "flights" less than ideal. He can however at any time glide or otherwise slow his decent with his wings. The older he gets however, he will eventually be unable to fly, as most of the elderly and fledglings of his species lack the strength to fly.
- Marital Status: Single
- Spouse: Tal-Onisis (Mate)
- Place of Marriage: Aurelia, Traditional Tribal Fastening Ceremony
- Father: Bar'em-Pha'tt
- Mother: Momon-Geth
- Siblings: Gor'shan-Groome (Brother), It'bet-Reota (Sister)