Lieutenant Horne Dar Makra was an Assistant Chief Security Officer. Player ID - P237906HM0
- Current Rank: Lieutenant
- Duty Post: Chief Security Officer
- Current Vessel:
- Date Assigned: 6/7/02
- Species: Klingon/Bajoran
- Gender: Male
- Date of Birth: 11/6
- Place of Birth: Bajor
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Black
- Height: 6'6
- Mother: Horne Dana: Bajoran Civilian Doctor
- Father: Khang son of Artok: Klingon Representative to Starfleet Stratigic Command
- Siblings: Half Brother:Shamak son of Khang, Starfleet Security Officer
- Spouse: None
- Children: None
- 235911.06 Born to Khang son of Artok: Klingon Representative to Starfleet Stratigic Command and Dr. Horne Dana: Bajorian doctor. His mother decided to raise young Makra in Bajoran customs and religion.
- 236912.03 His first visit to Quo’noS. He meets his half brother Shamak. An instant sibling rivalry begins. Khang seems much more interested in his full Klingon son than his half-breed one. Makra returns to Bajor intent on winning his father’s respect. It becomes the primary driving force in his life for years to come.
- 237209.02 Joined StarFleet Academy. Much to Makra’s chagrin his brother Shamak was in the same class. While Makra excelled in Science and Engineering courses, he signed up for Security.
- 237801.03 Makra’s beloved mother Dana died of complications of a rare blood disorder. Makra was crushed. He found it hard to focus on his studies and nearly dropped out. His roommate Makal Kora and friend Alana Devar became his touchstones and helped him complete that very difficult year.
- 237905.23 Final Cadet Cruise was on Starbase 118. Final exam was the PREX encounter.
- 237906.02 First tour of duty is aboard the USS PHOENIX-C under the command of Cpt. Anassasi. Makra is assigned to security. He finds the physical demands of the posting a welcome challenge.
- 237907-237908 Cardassia Relief Mission. His old hatred of his mother’s peoples' oppressors surfaces and he unwittingly played into the hands of a plot of the vile Gul Dumat. The Cardassian soon becomes the focal point of Makra’s hatred. A feeling he has never gotten over.
- 237908.16 Promoted to LtJG
- 237909 Takes Leave with Alana Devar on Bajor. Their friendship starts to develop into a more romantic relationship. He offers her a ring to signify his commitment to her.
- 237909.18 – Reassigned to a new ship, the USS Independence. Makra serves in security but his talents in engineering catches the attention of Cpt Anassasi. He is promoted to Chief Engineer.
- 237911-12 - First Contact mission with the Serpentai. Devises a telepathy booster for Devar to communicate with them. The experience nearly kills her. He begins to rethink his duty. He secretly longs to return to security but his pride forbids him from requesting it.
- 238015 Promoted to full Lieutenant. Makra also learns of his father’s death. He is unmoved and refused to even go to the funeral. Shamak visits him aboard the Independence.
- His brother’s arrival uncovers several wounds that Makra thought had healed. He and his brother part on bad terms.
- 238013 Joint mission with the USS Kodiak delving into Bajoran mythology of the tears of the prophets. Has a religious experience during the mission as he touched an orb and saw himself embraced in his Klingon heritage. In the vision, he and his brother fought back to back in a grand battle. He and his brother were finally equals and they shared a bond that they never had in the real world.
- It was after that mission that he was told of the shuttle accident that killed his brother. Although he was jealous of Shamak, he still loved him. The personal tragedy was more than he could take. He broke off his engagement with Alana and temporarily resigned his commission. He left for an extended Leave of Absence.
- 238019 Makra takes residence in the southern region of Quo’noS. He immerses himself in Klingon culture and history. His privileged status due to his heritage affords him some latitude when it came to the fact that he was a half-breed. He was forced to defend his personal as well as family honor on several occasions. He won the respect of many by remaining and enduring many trials.
- 238100 Makra wins a long fight to claim the rights of G’now juk Hol pajhard, the Klingon right of a son to claim the honor of the father. His breeding caused serious roadblocks to this but after a year of fighting the system, Makra was awarded the right to bear the markings of House AzLee. He proudly bears his family insignia during his Age of Ascension Ceremony.
- 238108.11 Makra contacted the Starfleet liaison on Quo’noS about getting reinstated in the fleet. He is welcomed with open arms and put through a minor training session to reintegrate him to life in Starfleet. He is reassigned to the USS Independence as Chief Tactical Officer.
- Left Bajor and attended a Starfleet Prep School at the age of 15.
- Attended Starfleet Academy where he double majored in Security Prodedures and Science. He graduated with top marks in both fields.
- Cadet Cruise: Starbase 118
- First Duty Assignment: USS Phoenix-C/USS Independence
- Duty Reassignment: USS Independence
- Previous Ships Served On:
- Awards Received: Scotty Cross, The
- Groups: On Leave
- Ensign: 06/07/2002
- Lieutenant JG: 09/02/2002
- Lt. Commander:
- Fleet Captain:
- Rear Admiral:
- Vice Admiral:
- Fleet Admiral:
Makra’s personality has changed quite a bit from the time he was first assigned starship duty and now. Before he used wit and sarcasm as a way to mask the fact that he was unsure of himself. He was overly critical of himself and tried to overachieve to make himself appear confident. All that changed with the death of his father and brother. He left his ‘soft’ life and put himself through incredible hardship. He emerged from the ordeal on Quo’noS a stronger and more confident man. He no longer worries about how he is perceived by others. His physical strength now is matched by his strength of self. He may come across as arrogant or cocky. But he no longer cares if that is a problem for others. He is open about his feelings and thoughts and is no longer afraid to act on them.
Horne Dar Makra was a Bajoran/Klingon hybrid that served as a Starfleet officer. During his time at Starfleet Academy, Makra found friendship with Alana Devar, and would later share a romantic relationship with her between 2379 (also becoming engaged), but this would later simmer down during 2381, the two breaking off their engagement.
In 2381, Makra served as the Chief of Security aboard the USS Wallace. When Makra underwent complications with a first-contact situation with the Onari, Gwen Zuldane temporarily took his place, acting as CoS. He'd also serve aboard the USS Phoenix-C and USS Independence.