Darren Shan served in the security department of the USS Constitution-B.
- Full Name: Darren Jordan Shan
- Date of Birth: 2nd May 2359
- Stardate: 235905.02
- Place of Birth: South Ockendon, Essex, England
- Age: 28
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: None
- Height: 6'2"
- Weight: 165lb
- Hair Color: Jet Black
- Length of Hair: Cut short nad typically slightly spiked
- Eye Color: Chocolate Brown
- Skin Tone: Lightly Tanned
- Birthmarks, Scars: Has a scar on his right wrist from an old fight. A long scar on his left hand from when he broke his hand. Mutiple stab wouds to his chest from various bar fights, gavering information on his brother Ensign Christopher Shan.
- Build: Athletic build
- Arms: Long and muscular
- Legs: Long and muscular
- Carriage: With confidence
- Poses (Hands/Gestures, Feet/Legs, Torso/Head):
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): T-Shirt and Jeans and sometimes a jacket.
- Shoes: Trainers
- Voice: Deep with an Essex accent, also sometimes reverts to Essex slang which he spoke as a child.
- Handedness: Right
- Quarters: Cluttered as you would expect with kids.
- Favourite Room: Anywhere there isn’t a screaming baby or a horde of angry Klingons.
- Habits: Often rubs his scar
- Mannerisms: Confident and funny, has lots of good friends.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: None
- Hobbies and Pastimes
Darren often takes his kids out for a walk and chat.
- Guitar and Street Dance
Darren can often be heard playing guitar by his roommates or neighbours, also you can often hear the loud sound coming from his room while he's practicing street dancing.
He enjoys to go swimming on the holodeck but practices body boarding, surfing and skiing as well.
- Science & Engineering
Darren likes to mess around with blueprints and whatever, as well as teaching his kids a experiment his dad taught him on how to hold fire.
- Likes: Reading, Hanging out with friends, Science.
- Dislikes: Crying Babies, Angry Klingons, Logic.
- Ambitions and Goals:
- Achievements in Life:
- Disappointments in Life:
- Temperment: Darrens temper has skyrocketed latly, the smallest things make him really angry.
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): Fear of Spiders (See Fears)
- Physical Limitations: Average Terran limitations.
- Marital Status: Divorced
- Spouse: Debbie Shan (Divorced)
- Place of Marriage: Earth
- Children: Kyle Shan(6) Alex Shan(5)
- Father: Peter Shan
- Mother: Julie Shan
- Siblings: Chris Shan (MIA)(Unidentical Twin) Eddie Shan (Younger Brother)
Darren Shan was born in South Ockendon, Earth, in the year 2358. His education was normal, he worked hard, excelled in Mathematics and the Sciences, while just keeping his head above water in Diplomacy, preferring to shoot first ask questions later. Darren and his twin brother Chris had many friends, and you could often find them in a holodeck, running an old earth style paintballing program, rolling around in the mud fighting and shooting each other with old earth style water guns.
He met his wife Debbie while on holiday to the moon colony, at the time he was 19 years old, they were married 2 years later. Their first son Kyle was born 1 year later and their second son Alex was born a year or so after that. Darren entered starfleet academy when he was 24.
On Stardate 238803.01 Darren Shan received a message from Starfleet Command “Ensign Darren Shan, It is with the deepest regret that I inform you that your family member Ensign Christopher Shan is missing in the line of duty. On Stardate 238712.27 Ensign Christopher Shan embarked on a mission to escort a damaged Bajoran freighter back to Deep Space 9. That freighter, its crew, and Ensign Christopher Shan never arrived at their destination. Upon further investigation pieces of the freighters hull have been found, but we cannot assume anything without more evidence. I am sorry for your loss, Starfleet Command” After receiving this message Darren Shan found the quickest transport to earth, requested a leave of absence and set off in a shuttle to met up with the transport. Upon returning to Earth Darren Shan pulled all records concerning his brothers case and began a search for his older brother with the help of his younger brother Edward Shan. After seeing how crazed Darren Shan was and how much danger he had put his children in by taking them with him, his wife Debbie Shan left him. Now that almost a month has passed, Starfleet has given up hope of finding Ensign Christopher Shan and so has the Shan family. Darre on the other hand refuses to believe his brother is dead. After the divorce papers have been finalised Darren Shan hopes to resume his carrier in Starfleet.
Spiders: Darren has a fear of spiders. This is because when he was 10 years old, a kid at his school called Duncan (Who hated Darren because he had beaten him in a paintballing match,) got about 20 tarantulas, snuck into Darrens bedroom at night and tipped them all over him, Darren woke up covered in spiders and never fully got over it.
|Starfleet Service Record
Awards & Commendations
None to date.
Food & Drink
- Summer: Cheese Omelette with lots of chips: An old recipe passed on for generations in his family, Darren and his brother Chris were raised on it. They had it perfected by age 9.
- Winter: Fish'n'chips.
- Summer: Fruit Smoothie
- Winter: Hot Chocolate: Darren loves a good old hot chocolate, another family recipe, and delicious at that.