|StarBase 118 Ops|
Lieutenant JG Benjamin Ford, a Terran, is currently a trauma surgeon onboard StarBase 118 Ops.
- Full Name: Benjamin L. Ford
- Race: Terran
- Date of Birth: 236107.24
- Place of Birth: The USS Augury
- Age: 31
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: none
- Height: 5'9" (1.75m)
- Weight: 190 lbs (86k)
- Hair Color: dark brown
- Length of Hair: short
- Eye Color: dark brown
- Skin Tone: pale
- Birthmarks, Scars: none
- Build: Unremarkable, reasonably fit, Overall he looks unassuming, calm and pleasant.
- Face: boyish, with a calm demeanor
- Carriage: Usually casual, focused while at work
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Comfortable fitted clothing in pale neutral colors.
- Shoes: sturdy and comfortable
- Voice: gentle and melodic
- Handedness: left
- Quarters: Mostly tidy, with the occasional mess. They are comfortable and bear plenty of reminders of his home and family.
- Favorite Room: Ten Forward
- Habits: Ben holds his hands behind his back when he is nervous speaking to someone.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Ben and his family are traditional Catholics, something which he keeps very private.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Hiking, canoeing and kayaking, horseback riding, training dogs, baking.
- Strengths: Ben has excellent bedside manner and a pleasant, quiet personality. He can make most people feel at ease, even in difficult or emotional situations. He is a skilled trauma surgeon with steady hands. He is also calm and skilled with most animals as well as people.
- Limitations: While he is an excellent person is a support role, Ben has no inclination towards leadership. He feels uncomfortable stepping forward without orders or guidance. This also makes him somewhat shy in social situations – he prefers meeting people in small groups rather than at large parties. Fortunately his easygoing personality bridges much of his shyness.
- Talents and Abilities:Benjamin Ford is a talented and caring doctor. He specializes in trauma surgery and first aid/triage. Calm under fire, and soft spoken, he strikes most everyone as a shoulder to lean on in rough times. Benjamin is also a good cook and an excellent pasty chef, having baked with his Aunt (a pastry chef in Tortonto) as a child. He can ride (Terran) horses, and train dogs.
- Likes: Green tea, hard cider, gingersnaps, riding horses, golden retrievers, hiking and outdoor sports.
- Dislikes: Bullies, loud music, gambling, hunting, cruelty to animals.
- Ambitions and Goals: Do a good job in his position, find someone, settle down, get married, have kids.
- Achievements in Life: He finds getting posting to a starship a very fulfilling achievement
- Disappointments in Life: Ben hopes he can find a good mate before he gets too entrenched in his job
- Temperment: Quiet, focused and devoted, Ben often strikes those he works with as warm and caring. He is organized, and very good at keeping his head in stressful situations. Most patients feel very comfortable with him and he has a pleasant, gentle bedside manner.
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): none known
- Physical Limitations: none known
- Marital Status: Single
- Children: none
- Father: Marcus Ford (61), trauma surgeon. Retired Starfleet Lieutenant Commander, now serving as a pediatric doctor
- Mother: Alicia Ford (60), Botanist (retired), now serves as a school tutor.
- Sister: Patricia Ford-Barnes (31), physical therapist.
- Brother-in-Law: Thomas Barnes (34), High School physics teacher.
Patricia and Benjamin Ford were fraternal twins born to Alicia and Markus Ford. Markus Ford was a Starfleet officer from Ontario, Canada who met Alicia while she was serving on the USS Augury as a science liason. Marcus Ford took four year leave from Starfleet to raise his family on his family’s homestead in Ontario. Ben and Patricia grew up, and spent many summers on the farm, playing with animals, riding horses and spending plenty of time outside.
When Marcus Ford returned to Starfleet he was accepted onto the Galaxy class USS Monument. He traveled with his family, making a name for himself as a trauma surgeon with his steady personality and caring manner.
Ben and Patricia grew up seeing the galaxy, guided by two parents who took a strong interest in their education and well being. Despite always being told Ben could ‘do whatever he wanted’ when he got to college, he found himself gravitating towards medical sciences. His professors recommended him for medical school, owing to his skill and capability to ‘keep his cool’ under pressure. While he never intended to follow so precisely in his father’s footsteps, he found himself falling very comfortably into the role of a trauma surgeon.
Longing for some of the adventure and exploration he remember as a kid, Benjamin naturally gravitated towards Starfleet and after medical school, he attended Starfleet Academy. He served his cadet cruise on the USS Montreal, and three years on the USS Starfire before accepting the rank of Lieutenant j.g. and a new posting on the recommissioned USS Columbia.
He transferred to StarBase 118 Ops on 239208.11
- Date Graduated from Academy: 238602.22
- Current Rank: Lieutenant JG
- Current Assignment: StarBase 118 Ops
- Duty Post: Medical Officer
Awards & Commendations