|Embassy of Duronis II|
The Ambassador's Office is located in a secured wing of the Embassy Complex. It is only a short walk from the Ambassador's Home - designed with an older ambassador in mind. The Office area actually incorporates a reception and secretarial area, a small private conference room, a turbolift and the actual Ambassadorial Office.
- Lt.Cmdr. Aïowyn Shartara:
- Senior Counsel & Clerical Assistant
- red-haired Rutian woman who has been friends with Rocar since the Academy
- Yeomen Katie Colt:
- Ambassadorial office Secretary
- Shy young Terran, but incredibly efficient and dedicated in her work
- A = The only way into the office is from just above this position. A Marine guard is stationed there at all times. After reporting to Yeoman Katie Colt's desk, visitors are asked to wait in the area labelled A.
- B = Senior Counsel/Clerical Assistant's desk (currently Aïowyn Shartara)
- C = Ambassadorial Office Secretary (currently Katie Colt)
- D = The Ambassador's Personal Office
- E = Just left of "E" is a Starfleet replicator
- F = Large Bay Window behind the Ambassador's extemely large Art Nouveau desk
- G = Embassy Gardens
- H = Just below "H" is a large water-colour portrait which depicts the Galaxy-class USS Constitution-B in orbit of Starbase 118. Left of "H" is a small entrance allowing the Ambassador access to his conference room. His seat is the largest and located closest to this small door (and his office)
- I = Narrower than usual corridor that allows visitors or senior staff to enter the Ambassador's personal conference room without passing through the Ambassador's office.
- J = The Ambassador's personal conference room, reserved for his own private use at all times. (Other conference rooms can be used elsewhere in the Embassy complex). Slightly compact, the room has a viewscreen on each wall and a distinct round table instead of the usual shaped conference tables. Used for senior staff meeting or diplomatic negotiations with VIPs.
- K = Ambassadorial Library
Upon reaching the end of the corridor you will be greeted by a T-shaped dead end. To either side are a black leather sofa and plant. Meanwhile facing you are two separate desks in an L-shape - one with the owner's back to the left wall, the other cutting into the corridor and blocking access to the Office beyond.
The desk to the left belongs to Lt.Cmdr Shartara and is as far as most senior staff need to proceed - passing reports to her and liaising with the experienced Rutian whose desk is always covered with her multitasking. It is also where many senior staff come to get their gossip in addition to answers to official questions, without getting Rocar out of meetings.
At the desk blocking the corridor sits a young Terran who, through shyness, only speaks when spoken to. This is where Senior Staff with an appointment, or a precise need to see the Ambassador, go. It is also where guests, VIPs and visitors proceed to announce their arrival. Often Yeomen Colt will politely ask the arrivals to take a seat on one of the black sofas unless the Ambassador has asked her to show them through immediately. From this desk the Ambassador's entire schedule is run. Just behind and to the left of the desk stands a Starfleet Marine.
Immediately behind Colt's desk is a large double door allowing access to Rocar's personal Office and the corridor turns off to both sides - on the left to a turbolift down to the basement shuttle hangar deck, to the right to another dead end on the left of which is the entrance to the Ambassador's personal conference room where staff meetings and negotiations with Rocar present are always held.
Upon entering Rocar's office you are immediately greeted by a large bay window that curves outwards into the Embassy grounds. In front of the window is a large Art Nouveau style desk on which there are several objects:
- A Holoportrait of Gwendolyn Hilzarie holding two twin babies (Xan and Cheliz) on the day of their birth.
- An antique mariner's sextant from Earth, presented to Rocar by Fleet Captain Hebron as a reminder to never loose his way.
- A desktop computer.
Behind the desk is the Ambassador's large seat and in front three smaller chairs which are rarely used. To the right of the bay window is a large canvas painting of the USS Constitution-B in orbit of Starbase 118 which was given to Rocar by Captain Nekkar when he left the base. Opposite the large canvas painting against the opposite wall is a large sofa and armchair around a coffee table. This is where Rocar conducts most of his chats in his office, usually serving a beverage from the replicator to the right of the chair. Next to this replicator is a small one person door that allows access to the Ambassador's personal conference room.
Decoration & Personal Items
All commanding officers have a set of personal items on display in their office. Rocar's is not the most lavishly decorated, but there are certain special items that all visitors might notice:
- A Bottle of 2382 Andorian Brandy. This was given to Rocar by the magistrate of the captain's council, Captain Mal Avatar of the USS Columbia, when Rocar was promoted to captain.
- A Mariner's Sextant. This was given to Rocar by Fleet Captain Hebron when the Ktarian finished his services as First Officer.
- A watercolour painting of the USS Constitution-B in orbit of Starbase 118. This was given to Rocar by Captain Nekkar when the Ktarian transferred from Starbase 118 to the Constitution.
- A holo-portrait of Gwen Hilzarie and their two twins, Xan and Che.
Rocar's Personal Conference Room
The personal conference room is roughly a third the size of the Ambassador's personal office. The embassy contains a large number of meeting and conference room but this is the only one constantly reserved solely for the Ambassador's personal use. Any meeting he is in will be held here, from full staff meetings to negotiations. The main feature is the large circular conference room table at the centre of the room. Each of the four walls contains an identical computer screen for presentations allowing people sitting in a circle on the black leather seats to each get a view. These screens work in synchronization but can be set to each give the presentation in a different language so that each delegation facing a different direction can follow a readout. Rocar always sits in his usual seat, which is the one nearest the single door leading to his office. Next to the viewscreen on the wall to his office is the flag of the United Federation of Planets. Apart from the Ambassador, everyone else arrives through the double door that leads to the corridor and back to the reception area.
The Ambassadorial Library
This room is perhaps best known for being the crime scene when Lt.(jg) Elaine Furlong was murdered.
This Library requires Level 4 security clearance. Essentially only Captains and Flag Officers have access. The Library is freely available to any officers with the rank of captain or higher that visit the Embassy, but generally it is only usually used by Captain Rocar.
Within the seal of the United Federation of Planets in the carpet at the centre, there are a set of chairs. The walls are covered with old fashioned books collected from around Duronis II. Mostly cataloguing Laudean history, art, culture and fiction - it is a wealth of information on the Laudean people.