|This article or section is incomplete|
|This page is missing sections of information that may be filled using 118 canon encounters, or further detail from Memory Alpha. Feel free to edit this page to include new information, using the reference tool (<ref>) where possible.|
|Intelligent Lifeform Index|
|Four Letter Code||ALTA|
|Federation Status||Membership Pending|
|Planet of Origin||Altaris IV|
|Encountered||FDM: "Altaris IV"|
|Current Tech Level||H|
|List of Named Altarians|
Full ILI Gallery • Permitted Species Gallery
- The Altarians are a humanoid species who evolved to only speak telepathically. They are also very isolationist. As of 2392, negotiations to join the Federation their space are ongoing. (See history)
- Quadrant: Alpha
- Location: Unknown
- Proper Name: Altaris System
- Star: Unknown
- Distance from Star: Approximately 110 million km
- Companions: 4th orbital (11 total)
- Moons: none
- Proper Name: Altaris IV
- Diameter: 31,855 km (19,795 miles)
- Gravity: 0.99 standard gravity with a density of 1.2
- Axial Tilt: Unknown
- Orbital Period: 462 days
- Rotational Period: Unknown
- Classification: M
- Surface Water: 65%
- Atmosphere: Unknown
- Climate: Complex, but with two major seasons
- Population: 25,000,000
The Altarians were first encountered in 2268.
There are several visual receptors somewhere in the middle of their bodies, and several invisible auditory receptors along their arms. Their auditory receptors are very weak, which led to the primary method of communication being telepathic. There is no apparent head, and they tend to be 80cm tall, with four legs and two arms.
Their internal organs or workings are completely unknown at this time.
All Altarians are telepathic
In 2374, they invited the Federation to observe their alternate warp drive technology. During this test, it was discovered that their warp drive propelled them into an alternate universe, and then back out. However, the result ended up with the USS Freedom-A crashing into San Francisco Bay. The Federation Council subsequently began negotiations and deliberations about sharing Federation Warp Drive Technology.
A very strong industrial economy.
Unknown, but in 2375, their risk assessment was considered below average
Federation Intelligence Files
See Altaris IV mission for related mission logs.
This is a species made by the crew of the USS Freedom-A.