|Sigma Dorphus Sector|
|Free Haven Sector|
|Zur'nat system||Star · I · Belt I · II · Belt II · III · IV · Belt III · V|
- it's orbit is approximately 127 million km from it's star
- a class M planet with a diameter of 11,258 km (7,036 miles).
- a density of 5.8 and a gravity of 0.93 G's
- an axial tilt 29% resulting in major weather changes due to seasonal changes
- temperatures are on average 33C during the day and dropping to 12C at night
- seasonal changes may affect the weather by as much as +30 or -60 degrees
- approximately 47% surface water
- a standard atmosphere with a pressure of about 0.99 earth normal, with nitrogen 77%, oxygen 21% and other gases 2%
- with a year of 326 days, each day 25 hours long
- primary terrain features are excessively large polar caps and 3 huge island nations
- unknown at this time
- it has 2 small moons and 1 medium moon
- Zur'nat IIIa: is 866 km (541 miles) in diameter, with a density of 3.1 and a gravity of 0.04 G's. It orbits the planets surface at a height of 24,501 km. (15,313 miles)
- Zur'nat IIIb: is 2,709 km (1,693 miles) in diameter, with a density of 3.6 and a gravity of 0.14 G's. It orbits the planets surface at a height of 28,144 km. (17,590 miles)
- Zur'nat IIIc: is 1,093 km (683 miles) in diameter, with a density of 3.3 and a gravity of 0.05 G's. It orbits the planets surface at a height of 30,571 km. (19,107 miles)
The people have spent most of their lives fighting the weather. Once they grew and learned to deal with their environment they were able to develop into 3 strong nations. They have expanded to cover the entire interior of their island nations. It was only after they learned to safely harvest food from the oceans that they learned about the other islands.
Over time they fought numerous small wars. Few if any resulted in anything constructive except a few dead and maybe some new technological advance.
Now they have fairly sophisticated scanning and tracking systems that let them know when ever any ship or plane cross's the midline between their various island nations. This usually results in a running battle between the two nations military forces.
The planet has major season changes and a brutal winter. During the winter the storms make travel difficult and create major tropical storms during the summer. There are 3 huge islands about equal distance apart around the equator. Each island is approximately the same size (approximately 2,720 km or 1,700 miles wide) with mountainous coastlines that blunt the worst of most storms. The interior of all three islands is basically flat and has been converted to farm land.
Polar Ice Caps
Their are two large polar ice cap regions that are generally avoided. The glacial ice in these regions is thought to be over 500 meters thick at the polar caps. The ice covers an area approximately 2,400 km or 1,500 miles wide.
Strangely enough with the advance of technology all 3 nations have discovered that at the center of the north polar cap is a huge valley in the glacial ice. In this region which is about 8 km or 5 miles wide where the rocky ground is totally exposed.
It can only be approached by air. This area is treated as neutral ground and no combat is conducted here. In fact all 3 nations maintain a small colony of diplomatic and scientific personel here. This area is refered to as Dos'V'dana.
Not many land animals survive. Those that do are mostly domesticated or have managed to survive in the rocky inaccessable interior region that is the mountanious coastline.
Sea life is fairly wide spread and complex with many types, kinds and sizes making up a very complex food chain and ecology.
The Zur'nat people are on average about 5,10" tall and weight about 175 lbs. They have a very pale gray tone to their skin. Their eyes are brown or black and so is their hair. Men keep their hair cut extremely short but females wear their hair long, down past their shoulders and usually tied back into a ponytail or a single braid.
They all dress similar, regardless of age or sex. With slight differences depending on which island nation they come from they prefer loose pants, strong well made boots, loose shirts and thick heavy long coats during cold weather.
The planet is divided into 3 sections each with it's own elected form of government. The 3 different nations are called Lingrad, Oscow, and Insk. The same as their capitol cities.
Each island is totally independant of each other. They do not trade or have any contact other than to fight minor running battles. Each island nation has a failrly well developed economy but they all tend to be on the lean side. Very similar to that of the earth nation Russia around 1950.
Each island nation has 1 major city that acts as their capitol. This is usually very close to the center of their island nation. Each city have developed and grown till they hold on average about 35 million people.
The rest of the cities are usually much smaller and number less than a million.
Their are approximately 300 million people, with about 100 million living on each of the 3 huge island nations.
Starfleet Intelligence Files
No contact on record.