|Starbase 118 Ops|
Ensign Penny Hopper is currently on the Starbase 118 Ops, as a Weapons repair officer, specializing in ship weapons and defenses such as shielding and phasers, among other things.
- Full Name: Penny Ann Hopper
- Race: Terran
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5’3”
- Weight: 120 soaking wet
- Hair Color: Brown
- Length of Hair: Short
- Eye Color: Brown
- Skin Tone: White
- Birthmarks, Scars: Sure... a few
- Build: Medium
- Face: Oval, constant state or snarling
- Eyes: Uninviting
- Mouth: Curled up… Thin lips
- Arms: Constantly folded across her chest
- Legs: Athletic
- Carriage: Arrogant
- Poses : the total diva “whatever” pose.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Anything that fits. Usually jumpsuits.
- Shoes: Anything that fits and are comfortable
- Voice: Usually on the brink of agitation.
- Habits: Snarky retorts and comments
- Mannerisms: Gremlin
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Bantering and fighting. Arguments
- Likes: People who fuel and can take her aggressive attitude.
- Dislikes: People who pull rank… Usually because she was in the wrong but will never admit it.
- Ambitions and Goals: Become Chief of Engineering
- Temperament: Short
- Mental problems: According to her Parents... Many
- Physical Limitations: Not as many as mental problems
- Marital Status: Ha! No…. She would kill them
- Children: Nope… One like Penny is enough
- Parents: Christopher and Christine Hopper
- Father: Christopher Hopper - Deceased - Therapist
- Mother: Christine Hopper - Therapist
- Siblings: Nope… Again world only needs one
Penny was born an only child to Chris and Chris Hopper. Her parents went by their shortened name which so happened to be the same. They were both therapists, mother -child and father- marital and general. They worked for private companies and spent a great deal of time traveling, usually without Penny.
Penny would live with the maids in her home, that in later years left more like an examination cubical for her parents to observe and pick her head apart. The maids were the only caring people in her life for many years, teaching her the little things that the private tutors didn’t touch due to their nature.
Whenever her parents were home, and when they were not hosting a fancy gathering of fellow physiatrists, they would evaluate Penny. Some what more like a play thing than a child. Compare her to Terran standards of child development. And even try a few unconventional -still in trial stages- forms of therapy. Forced her to engage in social events so that she would be *normal*. This of course went only to distance her from most living things and pull deeper into her own mind.
The tutors, the secondly only constant form of outside interaction, made Penny rather brilliant. She absorbed everything ever spoken or read to her. It was like a fantasy world brought to life, creating a filled library in her mind. In her sessions, Penny would actually close her eyes and see through her mind’s eye into this library, mentally touch the leather spins of the books she kept so well organized. She would search out intellectual conversation wherever she could find it, which for her age was rarely possible. Her parents and tutors would tell her often that she was to smart for her own good… And that society only famed those who were just above and polite, not snotty and forceful.
There were two maids that took care of Penny for as long as she could remember. Merrible and Morticia, twins. They were the only source of nurturing and support Penny found when she was young. Merrible the cook and Morticia the teacher. That was how she always remembered them. They taught her how to ride a bike and kissed the pain away when she got cut or bruised.
The only thing Penny could never be taught about was True love, the Soul Mate sort of thing.
When she was 16, the neighbor boy smiled at her one day and she fell head over heels for him. To the point of almost stalking from then on, until he rejected her in the middle of the street a few days later.
Penny would run away from home after that. Jumped on the underground tram and get off with the first man to talk sweetly to her. She fell for all of them. Every man in her life, for years, would steal her heart. And would crush her just as quickly. Every break-up was like pulling teeth, her arguments and good point prolonging the inevitable. And she seemed to draw out the one with fire, that only clashed brutally against her own. Though in the end, it would was her getting bored of the same arguments and the same details,And of course because she was snarky and brutally honest, that would finalize each relationship, still crushing her hopes and dreams… Until the next man stumbled upon her the next day.
Despite all the knowledge inside her head, the level of aggression she shows is to protect the cracked porcelain doll hiding just behind her heart. She tends to see the world through catchphrase rather than pictionary. So she misses a lot of the prettier and finer things of life. But gossip is not one of them.