|USS Thunder-A/Duronis II Embassy|
- Full Name: Lian Li
- Race: Terran
- Date of Birth: 236006.08
- Place of Birth: Hong Kong, China
- Age: 26
- Gender: Female
- Telepathic status: N/A
- Height: 5'3"
- Weight: 115 lbs
- Hair Color: Black
- Length of Hair: Lower Back, though she tends to wear it bunched up somewhat so it only usually reaches mid-way down.
- Eye Color: Brown
- Skin Tone: Asian
- Birthmarks, Scars: None
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: Concealed Dataport (below right ear), Implant communicator (Below left ear). The communicator is subdermal, and thus invisible to the eye, whilst the dataport is covered by a flap of synthetic skin.
- Build: Curvy and fit, but otherwise fairly average.
- Carriage: Casually confident.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Somewhat eccentric, with short skirts, boots and slightly over-sized shirts.
- Handedness: Left
- Quarters: Generally neat and tidy, but with a number of gothic-themed posters and sculptures dotted around the place. Pride of place is given to a replicated copy of an original 57-style ash body Fender Stratocaster (the actual instrument is considered to valuable to risk, and is in the care of her parents).
- Mannerisms: Usually carries several lollipops in her pocket, which she sucks on as an aid to concentration (or when she feels like it). Occasionally slips into Mandarin when speaking, typically when excited and/or stressed.
- Physical Limitations: Due to her implants, high levels of EMP can seriously effect her brain activity, with a strong enough burst likely to render her unconscious almost instantly - though usually without long-term effects.
- Temperment: Typically easy-going, she can be downright flirtatious with males she finds interesting. She can get notebaly frustrated, however, if she feels her input on a situation is being ignored.
- Habits: Relaxation tends to take the form of meditation, which comes in two forms - the traditional kind, and playing her guitar (usually in the dark).
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Taoist, but she's a long way from a strict follower of the path.
A fairly atypical spook, Lian is quite happy to spend time in the company of others simply to have a good time. This has led to some very close relationships with co-workers, especially male ones. The downside of that closeness comes when she decides to move on to the next guy - usually letting the previous one down with the sensitivity and consideration of a serial killer.
Professionally, she's good at her job and knows it. This doesn't manifest as arrogance, however, simply a quiet confidence in her ability which can turn cranky when she feels her expertise is being ignored.
Hobbies and Pastimes
- Skilled rock guitarist and singer.
- Occasionally gets bored and reprograms computer systems for amusement.
- Enjoys reading supernatural romance novels.
Likes and Dislikes
- Challenges. You can't improve without pushing your boundaries, after all.
- Rock music.
- Ice-cream. A finely-made tub is worth every hour in the gym working it off.
- The great outdoors. Born and raised in a metropolis, an abundance of nature is not high on her list of favorite things.
- Sloppy work. She's been taught the cost of faulty intel to well to tolerate mistakes that might get people hurt.
- Prejudices against implants. She may understand why people might feel that way, but that doesn't mean she has to like it.
Ambitions and Goals
Someday, she plans to start a family, but has yet to find anyone who can hold her interest long enough for her to seriously consider it.
She also plans to prove to her own relatives that she can do just as much good in her chosen career as if she'd followed family tradition.
Personal Achievements and Disappointments
Being approached to undertake Intelligence training. It wasn't something she ever dreamed of happening, and she intends to make the most of the opportunity she's been given.
Lian's family has a long tradition of service, with every member (apart from her) of the last 4 generations serving in some form of law-enforcement.
- Marital Status: Single
- Mother: Mong Li
An experienced forensics technician, Mong followed the family tradition almost the day she graduated from university. She took a notable break from her career to bear and raise Lian, but is now happily back catching bad-guys from the comfort of a lab.
- Father: Xiang Li
A homicide detective, Xiang met his wife-to-be at his third ever crime scene. Six months, and many meetings, later he finally plucked up the courage to ask her out on a date. When she stopped laughing at how long it had taken him, she accepted, and they've been happily married for nearly 27 years.
- Siblings: N/A
Lian's childhood was fairly average, with the usual ups and downs one would expect. Her aptitude for puzzles and the like was noted early on, and her family began to subtly direct her in the way of a college degree in something like forensics. Sadly, her fascination with the idea of travelling the stars got in the way of that...
- 236006.08: Born.
- 237806.15: Completed secondary education, and entered college.
- 238111.21: Enrolled in Starfleet Academy.
- Date Graduated from Academy: 2386.29
- Current Rank: Lt(JG)
- Current Assignment: USS Avandar
- Duty Post: Intelligence Officer
- Awards & Commendations
None as yet.
Starfleet Assessments and Records
Starting off her training with a slant toward Security, Lian soon started dabbling into other areas. Her natural aptitude, plus the electives she was taking at the Academy, resulted in her being approached for an entirely different kind of training...
- 238111.21: Enrolled in Starfleet Academy, following the Security curriculum, with electives in crytography and computer science.
- 238303.31: Transferred from Starfleet Academy to SI Operations School, Tellar.
- 238605.29: Graduated from SI Operations School.
- 238605.30: Assigned to USS Eagle.
- 238611.05: Promoted to Lieutenant (Junior Grade)