La'Cen Te'Ret is currently assigned to the USS Eagle working as a Tactical Officer.
|Embassy of Duronis II|
- Full name: La'Cen Te'Ret
- Date of birth (Age): 235408.09
- Species: Selkie
- Gender: Male
- Height: 6'1"
- Weight: 120 lbs.
- Hair Color: Bald
- Eye Color: Black
- Skin Tone: Mottled Green and Blues
- Build: Slender
- Voice: Tennor
- Handedness: Left
- Parents: Larina Te'Ret and La'Kannin Mallio
- Siblings: Many, but he is closest to his older sister Allia
- Spouse: None
- Children: Four
La'Cen was born in the capital city of Pacifica. His mother Larina was a member of the Council on History and Culture, and as such La'Cen had a fair amount of contact with aliens while he was growing. Fascinated with the world beyond Pacifica's oceans, La'Cen joined the small Pacifican Security forces that mostly dealt with the inevitable conflicts that arose where the surface populations of Aliens interacted with native Selkies. As his amphibious stage came to the end, he had to make a decision. Contacting the local Starfleet liaisons he inquired if accommodations could be made for him if he wanted to join Starfleet. After being assured that they could and examples of the types of equipment that would help him operate in a gaseous environment near full time, he sent his application to the Academy and was accepted.
Due to his fully aquatic nature La'Cen requires certain modifications to his uniform and quarters to allow him to live effectively off planet.
- Hydration Suit: While out of water, La'Cen must wear a hydration suit at all times. This suit covers almost the entirety of his body leaving only his hands and face exposed. The suit keeps a layer of water against his skin and prevents it from drying out. A filter on his belt keeps the water in the suit circulating and filters out any contaminants. A specially formulated cream is used on his face and hands to keep them from drying out. He has two hydration suits one a plain black for off duty use and another that acts as his uniform.
- Breathing Unit: While the hydration suit keeps his skin from drying out it doesn't supply any oxygen to his system. Being past his amphibious stage he requires constant oxygenated water flow past the gill crests on the top of his head. To accomplish this, he wears a breathing unit that consists of two pieces. The first is wide metallic collar that processes, oxygenates, and filter out respiratory byproduct. The second piece is a crest that runs from the collar, up the back of his neck and head, and over the gill crests. The crest flows oxygenated water over his gill crests.
- Adapted Quarters: While his hydration suit and breathing unit provide adequate protection and accommodation while above water, his quarters have been adapted using a specialized air/water lock allowing him to keep his quarters near completely submerged in salt water. He keeps a section of his quarters dry to allow for visitors. The Air lock functions with a specialized set of paired force fields with their own backup power source. He spends a fair amount of time in his quarters submerged, but makes an active effort to spend off duty time with the rest of the crew.