Captain, James Ryan Medinean Terra
- Current Rank: Captain
- Duty Post: Unassigned
- Species: Terran
- Gender: Male
- Date of Birth: 235010.09
- Place of Birth: Cardiff, UK
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Grey
- Height: 6 Foot
- Mother: Sylvia Terra - once applied to join Starfleet Academy, failed. Then settled down and became a partner in the Twin Suns repair depot with her husband, Arven.
- Father: Retired Amiral Arven Terra took a desk job when his son James was born - a decision he would regret for the rest of his life. Was owner of the Twin Suns repair depot until its destruction. Is now in an advisory position with Starfleet.
- Siblings: None known - mother's last ords were of a brother, however she was, understandably, under a lot of stress.
- Spouse: Dating Lt. Arissa Young, also on Ranger-A
- Children: None.
Tall and of a medium build, Terra has recently (since accepting a Starship command) grown a goatee. His hair is jet Black however he fears the stresses of Commanding RANGER-A will soon let grey creep in. There is a small mark on his right shoulder where a tattoo was removed - the night leading up to that tattoo are currently unknown to James.
Terra was born an only child to Arven and Sylvia Terra, at the time Arven was already an active Starship Captain, after Jim's birth however he settled down to a desk job as an Admiral, a career choice he would regret for therest of his life. A by the book officer, Jim's father later retired and started the Twin Sun's refuelling depot near Jupiter. His mother was a quiet homemaker, as a younger women she had once tried to attend Starfleet academy but was not admitted. A botched raid of the Twin Sun's refuelling station led to an Orion pirate ship fleeing their raid when a starship arrived in system. In their haste the Orion pirates ignited the fuel on the station and a terrible explosion made the station go critical, the starship allowed the Orion pirates to escape in order to rescue Jim and his father from the station, Sylvia Terra, however, was killed.
As soon as he came of age Jim entered Starfleet academy, and almost failed to graduate because of insubordination, this led to the rift between him and his father which has yet to be healed. He majored in helm operations with a minor in tactical. He also took the Starfleet emergency fist aid course. He was a cadet aboard the fateful Virgil Grissom, then posted to the USS Ranger-A. He remained good friends with Jack Mitchell from the academy, also of the Virgil Grissom until Mitchell's untimely death. Jim was then forced to take Jack's place as the Ranger's First Officer full time. When Admiral Kelly (who had become a father figure to Terra) left Ranger to take command of USS Titan, Terra was offered a Command of his own, making him one of the youngest Terran Captain's in the fleet. Using what influence he had at that time he secured Ranger-A as that Command, accepting a transfer of crew from USS Isannah. He is currently seeing Lieutenant Arissa Young, also stationed on USS Ranger-A.
- Ancient aviation holo-recreations, Chess, Parisses squares and velocity.
- To lose his reputation for insubordination and
lack of maturity, to prove himself to Starfleet, repair the rift between himself and his father and to catch the Orion pirates who killed his mother. Also to remain with his significant other, Arissa Young.
- Loyalty, not bound to any rules or regulations, initiative, piloting
- Not bound to any rules or regulations, lack of maturity at times, stubbornness. Wary of Cardassians and Romulans
- Assigned to training on USS VIRGIL GRISSOM after graudating academy
- Training cruise aboard USS VIRGIL GRISSOM completed
- Recieved posting to USS RANGER-A, Helm/Comm/Ops Officer
- Promoted to Lieutenant JG
- Promoted to Lieutenant
- Promoted to Lieutenant Commander
- Completed Command of training mission aboard USS BROWN BEAR
- Awarded Temporary Command of the USS RANGER-A
- Relinquished Temporary Command of USS RANGER-A
- Returned to HCO position, USS RANGER-A
- Assigned as Acting XO, USS RANGER-A
- Accepted Command of Training Mission
- Takes over as permanent First Officer, RANGER-A
- Offered his own Command, chose USS RANGER-A
- Currently Commanding RANGER-A
- Promoted to full Captain
- Previous Ships Served On: Walton
- Awards Received: TOSMA 2
- Ensign: 7/26/2000
- Lieutenant JG: Tue Aug 22, 2000
- Lieutenant: Tue Nov 14, 2000
- Lt. Commander: Sat Feb 24, 2001
- Commander: Fri Nov 2, 2001
- Captain: Mon May 13th, 2002