Ensign Cheeky is a computer security expert/programmer (aka reformed hacker) aboard the USS Ronin.
- Full Name: All records say Cheeky, but it is actually Christian Harold Edward Etherington. Naturally this is forgotten to all but his mother for a good reason.
- Race: Terran
- Date of Birth: 235403.03
- Place of Birth: Sherwood Hospital, England, Terra.
- Age: 30
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5'1"
- Hair Color: Mouse-brown
- Length of Hair: Short, floppy
- Eye Color: Light green
- Skin Tone: White
- Birthmarks, Scars: None
- Build: Monkey-like
- Eyes: Slight laughter wrinkles, tend to sparkle and glitter with laughter.
- Mouth: Normally grinning, very good teeth.
- Hands: Surprisingly long and elegant.
- Carriage: Seems shorter then he is and looks ready to spring into a cartwheel any moment.
- Poses: Relaxed, open, charming. Flicks hands to whatever he's referring to.
- Taste in Clothing: Brown jacket, flexible black trousers
- Shoes: Trainers with good grip.
- Voice: Informal, normally has a hint of laughter or a shrug.
- Handedness: Ambidextrous
- Quarters: Room-mate with Tholos aboard DS17, separate rooms with a bathroom between and a lounge/kitchen off them.
- Favourite Room: Science lab/at a computer
- Habits: Trademark grin, laughs at everyone (including himself) in a friendly way to test their personality. Gives most people nicknames referring to status.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Tinkering with things, looking at how they work, putting them back together.
- Likes: Laughter, informality, annoying/charming people, doing the unexpected, outwitting people.
- Dislikes: Rigid formality, lack of freedom, people who cannot lighten up.
- Ambitions and Goals: Have fun and cause havoc.
- Achievements in Life: Many to him, not so many to others.
- Disappointments in Life: Being born into a boring family as a monkey.
- Temperament: Easygoing, optimistic, exuberant but sensible. He can be serious, honest!
- Physical Limitations: He's 5'1" and wiry, what do YOU think?
- Marital Status: Confirmed Bachelor and staying that way!
- Parents: Married
- Father: Howard Luke Etherington (nee Knowles)
- Mother: Carolina Amelia Rosielle Etherington
- Siblings: Estelle Cornelia Lucille Etherington (Esta, 35), Juliet Amoré Melanie Etherington (Julie, 33)
Born into a family which can trace its heritage back 11 centuries in the nobility before the nobility was mostly abolished, Cheeky was an exceptional disappointment to his parents as he seemed to like nothing better than to infuriate everyone by escaping down to the basement, out into the fields or up to the attics to explore, invariably coming back dirty, but being scarily appropriate when anyone from outside his family was present.
However when he got to secondary school he discovered computers properly and immediately became hooked. As a result all sorts of chaos erupted with the school network that could not be traced back to Cheeky. The number of bullies who attempted to bully him because of his name also dropped rapidly, mostly because of the embarrassing or technological 'accidents' that happened to them. When he turned 14 his attitude abruptly shifted to fixing rather than breaking the computers, shortly becoming something of a legend among his yearmates.
This aptitude continued into his career as he entered into the world of hackers and computer security, ending up near the frontiers of the Dominion war, employed to secure starfleet systems and infiltrate enemy ones. Since then he's wandered taking programmer work, eventually arriving on DS17 in time for the Gorn invasion, where he was posted to science under Lt. jg Cara Maria, their CSO who he had seen working there as an ensign counsellor. He also met Tholos, an Andorian scientist aboard the station whom so far seems to be the only person that can control him. These two people have made him curious enough about Starfleet and the people to join the Independence crew to help fix DS17 with Tholos just as Cara was transferred to the Ronin, though they have made her promise to come back in order to give her a drink for 'saving' them in the invasion by broadcasting the truce through the station.
Cheeky is rarely seen without Tholos and keeps in contact with Cara, in the intervening time he is known to be having a mild prank war with another crewmember, both annoying the other without getting found out in devious ways. Cheeky is also somewhat of a comics expert, and loves the prankster villain Mr. Mxyzptlk, extremely disappointed that he missed out on when the character ran rampant in the holodeck.
More recently the Terran had a series of slight panic attacks over the welfare of Cara Maria, his subconscious even producing a situation where a huge accident had hospitalized most of the Ronin crew shortly before the badly damaged Ronin was towed back to DS17. The panic attacks seem to have been the result of suppressed emotions and have mostly subsided now that he has acknowledged them.