Previous ships called Wallace
There have been at least 2 Earth ships designated the "Wallace". Below is more information about them.
- Assigned to: Royal Navy
- Class: Shakespeare class, destroyer
- In Service: Jan. 29, 1919 through Mar. 20, 1945
- Served: Mainly off East coast of England, briefly in Mediterranean for Sicily invasion (1943).
- Note: Scrapped after collision with HMS Farndale.
- Assigned to: US Navy
- Informal Nickname: "Jolly Wolly"
- Class: Allen M. Sumner class, destroyer
- In Service: Sept. 8 1944 through Dec. 4, 1973 (US), 1994 (South Korea)
- Pacific Fleet during late World War II
- Present at Japanesse surrender ceremony (Sept. 2, 1945)
- On duty during the Cuban Missile Crisis (1962)
- Deployed in Vietnam (from 1968)
- Sold to South Korea (4 Dec 1973) and renamed ROKS Dae Gu (DD-917)
- Note: Broken up in 1994