Sidney Riley/Professional History
Sidney Riley has served on three ships and a station during her time in the fleet, the USS Wallace, the USS Independence, the USS Tiger and Starbase 118 Ops. She began her career as a medical officer on the USS Wallace. When the Wallace was decommissioned, she was transferred to the USS Independence where she was promoted to Chief Medical Officer. Upon the promotion of Captain Idril Mar and the commissioning of the USS Ronin, Sidney was promoted to First Officer of the USS Independence-A under the command of Rear Admiral Jessa Kyrn Anassasi. On Stardate 238505.04, Commander Sidney Riley was given command of the USS Tiger, a Steamrunner-Wolverine class vessel, which was given a semi-permanent assignment as a support vessel for Deep Space 17 in the Ithassa Region. On Stardate 238612.14, the USS Tiger was ordered to return to her home port, Starbase 118 Operations, as the primary support vessel for the station. Captain Riley and the crew of the USS Tiger were reassigned to Starbase 118 Ops at that time. She was transferred to command the USS Independence-A upon the retirement of Commander David Cody on Stardate 238703.15. With the destruction of the USS Independence-A in the Mirror Universe on StarDate 238811.13, the crew returned to Deep Space 17 without a ship. On StarDate 238811.16 Riley was posted as commanding officer of the USS Tiger-A a Prometheus class vessel assigned to the Ithassa Region.
Influential Professional Experiences
Gorn Conflict of 2383 - Doctor Sidney Riley is affected deeply by the loss of life during the war and the numerous patients she treats as temporary Chief Medical Officer aboard Deep Space 17.
Battle of Eratis (Battle of Deep Space 17) - September 2383, Lieutenant Commander Sidney Riley helps lead the efforts to retake Deep Space 17 from the Gorn. She is affected deeply by this experience, this experience begins to change the course of her career from Medical to Command.
TE-IV 238501.10 - Sidney Riley is in command of an away mission to deliver medical supplies and set up an emergency medical clinic on one of the colonies on the planet after the ship that was originally carrying the supplies is detroyed en route. However, things go horribly wrong when the clinic is attacked and many are seriously or critically injured. Sidney blames herself for the away teams failure for months after.
May 2385, Sidney is placed in command of the USS Tiger which will be based out of Deep Space 17.
December 2386, Captain Riley is rescued by LtCmdr. Jhen Thelev and the crew of the USS Tiger. Because of the injuries she sustains she is in critical condition upon her return to Tiger. She almost dies on the operating table as she goes into cardiac arrest, but is saved by the expert care of LtCmdr. Solok, Lieutenant JG T'Reshik and Lieutenant JG Sasak. Captain Riley undergoes extensive medical treatment to restore her phsyically. She also meets with Counselor Avandar to deal with any psychological effects from her ordeal.
238612.14, Captain Sidney Riley and the crew of the USS Tiger are transferred to Starbase 118 Ops when the Tiger is assigned as the station primary support vessel.
238706.10, Second Battle of Eratis While the Independence-A didn't participate in the Second Battle of Eratis, it set off a series of events which had profound effects on those serving in the Ithassa Region, as the Vaadwaur took control of Deep Space 17.
238709.10, Operation Bright Star The Independence is a major player in the retaking of Deep Space 17 from the Vaadwaur. Sidney Riley suffers a major injury to her hip which requires extensive surgery and consent from her sister Shannon to fix. She falls into a sense of depression as her injury begins to look permanent upon Shannon's refusal to give a bone graft. Her relationship with Alleran Tan is also a casualty of Operation Bright Star.
238811.12, the USS Independence-A is destroyed in the Mirror Universe to keep it from falling into the hands of the Cardassian-Klingon Alliance. The crew is forced to steal the Mirror USS Tiger-A to return home.
Captain's Ready Room, USS Tiger-A
Sidney's ready room is decorated to her own personal style. She still likes to keep things around her which remind her of the past.
- On her desk:
- A small plant in a bowl of water which contains a bright red Beta Fish named Stravinsky after the musician/composer from the twentieth century on Earth.
- A picture of her father in Starfleet dress uniform, a picture of her birth mother Raven and a picture of her sisters Shannon and Maharet.
- A small brass figurine of a Raven.
- A small ceramic figure of a Siberian Tiger.
- A replicated ivory, formal desk set accented with emeralds. Has an old fashioned with pen holder with calligraphy pen, paper weight and note holder with parchment paper.
- An emerald colored vase containing a single Red Deltan Rose.
- A holo-block which projects a small replica of Deep Space 17 and Eratis.
- On the shelf:
- Several books considered to be classic literature from Earth.
- A small silver replica of a flute.
- A multi-colored Deltan Rose, encased in a stasis cube, a gift from Bron Storos.
- Framed certificates from the Federation Youth Symphony and the Vulcan Youth Symphony.
- Alphabetized data tapes containing Orchestral music from various planets.
- A Vintage Bottle of K'tarian Brandy from Rear Admiral Rocar Drawoh
- An Antique Mariner's Sextant (also from R. Adm. Rocar) with a card containing the following inscription:
Congratulations on your recent promotion to Captain. Enclosed is a gift of Ktarian Brandy from my homeworld. Also, please accept this Antique Mariner’s Sextant in the hope that you will never lose your way & remember the beliefs of Starfleet & the Federation by which all Captains steer their crews.
Fleet Captain Rocar Drawoh///
- Around the room:
- A large tapestry hangs behind the couch. It is black and contains one of the Tiger Insignias.
- There is a small red bed for Sidney's pet cat, Andy, next to the couch.
- Multi-colored (Primary) ceramic food and water bowls for Andy near the bed.
- A small blue mouse cat toy and several puffy balls with bells inside near the pet bed.
- A Deltan plant with greenish blue leaves hangs in the corner of the room.
- Several paintings made by Belleau hang around the room.
- A small Romulan statue from Tirzah is on the shelf.
Awards and Commendations
|Awards and Ribbons|
Top Sims Contest Winner (2385)