Ensign Zonhar is currently serving as Counselor on board the USS Avandar.
- Full Name: Zonhar
- Race: Denobulan
- Date of Birth: 235407.21
- Place of Birth: Denobula
- Age: 34
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: None
- Height: 5' 11.
- Weight: 280 lbs
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Length of Hair: short cropped and wavy, bald on top as is normal for a denobulan
- Eye Color: brown with gold flecks
- Skin Tone: Off white pale skin with a touch of pinkish hues
- Birthmarks, Scars: On his right leg, in the middle of his thigh, right amongst the meat and muscle, Zonhar has a 6 inch long, deep scar due to a stabbing wound he sustained early in his career. (see history for further notes)
- Build: Tall and though a little on the paunchy side, Zonhar is actually in relatively good shape. More athletic than slouch.
- Face: typical Denobulan face, distinguished yet he would not win any major awards for attractiveness on his home world or elsewhere, though he has a certain loveable quality about himself when he smiles, which he does often, especially around patients.
- Arms: Strong arms but no more so than someone of his body type, species, and physical shape. He is no body builder, but not a complete
- Carriage: Though Zonhar is in relatively good health and physically likes to walk a lot, he nonetheless has had some residual effect to his right leg ever since his stabbing incident. After much physical therapy, exercise and good medical attention, he walks pretty much normally however, if anyone were to look closely he does still walk with the faintest sign of a limp in that leg. And though it is hardly noticeable to others, Zonhar is constantly reminded of the incident with every step, and it is perhaps for this reason that he chooses always to be on the move with his patients, to remind himself of the lessons learned from this terrible incident in his past, and to be a literal example of “putting one foot in front of the other and ‘boldly going where none have dared go before.’”
- Poses (Hands/Gestures, Feet/Legs, Torso/Head): When pondering situations, Zonhar often crosses himself with his left arm, and rubs the
protrusion on his chin with his right hand, his head cocked to the side thinking deeply. He is prone to pacing and often incorporates this nervous energy into his rounds by walking with his patients in their daily lives and often jumping from situation to situation, and coming back after further deliberation. He is known for these “Walk-And-Talk” sessions mostly although he does use an office when it is necessary.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): likes a lot of beige colored pants and shirts, loose fighting and dressy casual, still giving the slight air of professionalism, while yet looking friendly and approachable. To Zonhar, his work as a counselor never really stops. Even when he takes breaks, he dresses so as to always be on the ready for any “social” encounter.
- Shoes: Comfortable yet dressy shoes when he is aboard ship or seeing patients as he does a lot of walking, and more heavy duty boots when he is going out planet side.
- Voice: strong, deep and comforting, very logical and yet emotionally rich and curious
- Handedness: Right handed
- Favorite Room: Recreation Room/Holodeck where he enjoys reading holographic letters and playing out live his favorite works of literature.
- Habits: As is custom for most Denobulans he takes rather a long time in the morning grooming himself, particularly in clipping his swiftly growing toenails, which for most humans is a source of embarrassment and disgust he has found. However, Zonhar takes great pride in grooming himself and his morning ritual is a long one, which focuses not only of cleaning and making ready his body, but also of centering his being and calming his mind, as he has learned from many religious and spiritual practices throughout his vast studies. Consequently Zonhar is also quite fond of teas, particularly new or never before tried teas and he is something of a minor expert on good quality tea.
- Mannerisms: cocking head, rubbing chin protrusion when thinking then gesturing with his right hand with left arm crossed holding elbow. Has a great attachment to the word fascinating…though Zonhar is intelligent and learned and has a good vocabulary, he often resorts to using this word to encapsulate those beings and ideas which intrigue him the most. One of his sincerest forms of flattery, is when he tells someone “I find you simply fascinating.” When he is alone for extended periods of time he often paces back and forth and talks aloud to himself, as Denobulans do not like to be alone.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Though Zonhar does not adhere strictly to any one set of religious or spiritual beliefs, he is nonetheless a very spiritual being in as much as he is always curious and interested in the religious and spiritual beliefs of other cultures and species and how that has impacted each individual’s personal psychology.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Studying philosophy, psychology, and ancient alien cultures and spiritual texts
- Likes: Figuring out the inner workings of the mind, in every species he encounters. He dreams of one day encountering advanced intelligences never known to exist before, and being able to understand them and communicate with them in new and exciting ways. Enjoys listening or watching live or audio books as he seldom likes the quiet, except when he is thinking, and even then he usually speaks allowed to himself as it makes him feel less alone. Has a great fascination and attraction to Humans, Deltans, and Xyrillians.
- Dislikes: close minded individuals, those who go out of their way to not tolerate differences, especially since he is someone who embraces differences in culture and species quite easily.
- Ambitions and Goals: To be a Star Fleet Counselor aboard a starship with reputable and fascinating crew. To get closer to finding the universal source and truth of the universe. To find two more great mates for his life to add to his experience and to create a loving family system even while traveling amongst the stars.
- Achievements in Life: Was a counselor on Denobulan for several years prior to joining star fleet. Though it was a source of great embarrassment and friction between him and his family, he considers his marriage to Li’ainea to be one of his most happy moments. Even though it costs him much, it also has afforded him a wealth of love and pleasure and joy that he has yet to be able to express to others.
- Disappointments in Life: Early in his career as a Counselor on Denobula, Zonhar tried to help a very distressed patient, but in his over eagerness and misguided attempts to help solve all his problems, he inadvertently misjudged the fragility of the troubled young Denobulan and he lashed out in anger, grabbing an nearby antique letter opener and stabbing Zonhar in the leg before attempting to commit suicide. It was a costly mistake, one which he has pushed himself hard to overcome but nevertheless he still is reminded of every day with every step. Zonhar opted to not have his scar removed or smoothed over, and instead it is a ghastly mark that he keeps to remind him that patience, gentleness and humbleness, can go much farther than rushing ahead with cold logic alone.
- Temperment: Mild mannered, jovial, intellectual, calm, and yet playful and whimsical at times. Loving and Curious.
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): Though usually very calm and collected by nature, and able to swim quite well through the currents of emotion, because Zonhar has felt the full height of what marriage to a Deltan is like, he is sometimes prone to moments of extreme emotional exhaustion, especially following any intimate contact with his wife. While most Denobulans only require 5 to 6 days out of the entire year to sleep, Zonhar has taken to sleeping at least one day out of every month, and follow any sustained period of intense emotional closeness (including sexual intimacy) he must sleep a requisite of 3 days following to recover sufficiently.
- Physical Limitations: Because of his leg injury Zonhar has a hard time running or exercising for long periods of time as his leg still is not completely the same after he was wounded so long ago. As well…because of his bonding with Li’ainea is is much more apt and succumbs much more frequently to head traumas and has a great increase to the number of blinding headaches he gets when he fully immerses himself in emotion.
- Marital Status: 1 of 3 wives
- Spouse: Li’ainea (A Deltan)
- Place of Marriage: Delta IV A quiet and small ceremony, intimately private and highly spiritual in nature.
- Father: Molure (Teacher of Denobulan Philosphy and Psychology
- Mother: X’zaehel (Mother, Botanist)
Though both of Zonhar’s parents were very loving, intelligent, and rich parents that instilled in him a great aptitude for learning, emotion and self exploration, he nonetheless had a major falling out with his parents over his decision to take Li’ainea as his first wife, instead of a true Denobulan of high stature. Furthermore their concerns were all the greater as they know that it takes a very special individual to indeed be able to handle the extreme shock to the system that the outpouring of deltan pheromones and emotions which would transfer during lovemaking. As for Zonhar and Li’ainea however, they spent much time secluded in private study and exploration both mentally and emotionally before taking their vows, and though Zonhar did indeed find the experience every bit as overwhelming as it was pleasurable, Li’ainea’s gentleness and beauty and empathic abilities were nonetheless able to quell him from going over to the brink of insanity.
- Siblings: To many to mention though he is certainly the black sheep of a very large respected family
- 235407.21 : *Born
- 237607.05*: Age 22 Met Li’ainea. Young Counselor on Denobula Still
- 237711.21 Age 23 Zonhar is stabbed during his counseling session.***
- 237907*.05 Age 25 Li’ainea and him marry, split from family, after an extended time traveling and recovering, he joins star fleet academy.
- 238801.02*: Age:34 Taking Final Exam at Star Fleet Academy Rank: Cadet pursuing career as Counselor aboard a good Starship.
- Date Graduated from Academy: 238805.29
- Current Rank: Ensign
- Current Assignment: USS Avandar
- Duty Post: Counselor
Awards & Commendations
- 238805.31: Ensign