This page displays the awards, service ribbons, achievements, and other commendations received by Yogan Yalu.
Order of the Valiant Heart
Jake Sisko Prize
Lwaxana Troi Medallion
Starfleet Academy Graduate Ribbon
Maiden Voyage Ribbon
Peacekeeper Service Ribbon
First Contact Ribbon
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Defense of Temporal Flow Ribbon
Legion of Merit
Good Conduct Ribbon
Quantum Reality Service Ribbon
- For award descriptions, see: Awards and Service Ribbons
- For other OOC awards received by the writer of Yogan Yalu, see Didrik Stennes/Awards and Commendations.
- For award descriptions, see: Awards and Service Ribbons
- ↑ Awards Ceremony, 2020 § 3-Year Members
- ↑ Presented by Kalianna Nicholotti: "Throughout our entire time on the Resolution, Yalu has contributed both IC and OOC things that have enriched our stories and made our days better. Be it comments on Discord, the posts made on the forums, or things we find in sim, he adds depth to our journey, invites us to come along on his, and always has something unique and interesting to add. To that end, I’d also like to take this moment to announce that Justin has been offered, and has accepted a position on the Resolution’s Staff."
- ↑ Presented by Kalianna Nicholotti: "While we knew little about Yalu’s past lives in the beginning, Justin has taken us on a journey that has spanned each of those lives and shown us much of the background of the character without ever leaving gaps in the mission itself. Not only did he did this, but he also did so in a way that involved a large portion of the crew and in a seamless manner worthy of awe."
- ↑ Presented by Kalianna Nicholotti: "Yalu has presented us with a number of MSNPCs and PNPCs that are far more than two dimensional and which offer something different in each of them. When presented with the ‘bad guy’, his responses are characters who make us wonder if they really are bad, or simply misunderstood. These characters are memorable and have become solid, permanent fixtures in the fabric of the story we weave. They provide depth without which the story would be often flat and nowhere near as invigorating."
- ↑ Awards Ceremony, 2021 § 5-Year Members
- ↑ Presented by Kalianna Nicholotti: "It can be sometimes difficult to find the line between too much and just enough when it comes to adding depth through the use of PNPCs, so to have such talent aboard the Excalibur makes me feel incredibly lucky. Even among such talent, we do have one player who consistently delivers when it comes to these additions to the crew and the story. Our 'guest star of a thousand faces', this player has stepped into many roles, and with each one brings a realistic and dramatic faucet of the story, while also injecting humor. For that, and so much more, I am more than pleased to present the Combs Cross to Justin, the writer of Yogan Yalu and so many other memorable characters along the way."
- ↑ Presented by Kalianna Nicholotti: "Over the course of the last year, he has done everything from mentoring, setting up missions, helping with the wiki and our tracking spreadsheets, and so much more that has made this ship and our game so much more enjoyable than I have ever known it to be. Without him, I don't think we would be able to take away so many positive times and memories, all while doing so in an environment where everything functions incredibly smoothly and without any outwardly visible hiccups. Like Chief O'Brien, for whom the award is named for, Justin keeps things running even when chaos strikes and things get sideways. He's always got something new and entertaining, as well as inspiring and attentive, hiding just around the bend."
- ↑ Presented by Jocelyn Marshall: "Wow, this is an honour! The Federation News Service holds a very special place in the heart of many article writers and article editors who dedicate a chunk of their time every month to expand on our universe. Making sure we have articles to go out every week is a feat in itself, and one Justin rises to with aplomb. Since coming back to the Fleet from his leave of absence, Justin has cracked forward with such vigour in the FNS, that it's left me astonished. He's got plans for the future of it, developing guides for our writers, hoping to bring more of our Fleet into the FNS fold. He writes fantastic articles that are the springboard for missions, for spin-offs, and never fails to come up with something utterly brilliant, insightful, and creative. Where he gets his ideas from, I'll never know, but it's a well I do not want him to stop tapping. For boundless enthusiasm that I couldn't stem even if I wanted to, total dedication to making the FNS the best it can be, and one astoundingly creative writer, I am incredibly happy to present Justin with the Jake Sisko Prize this year!"
- ↑ Presented by Kalianna Nicholotti: "This year, I am pleased to present the Lwaxana Troi Medallion to Justin, the writer behind Lieutenant Commander Yogan Yalu. While he came aboard as our pilot and did a stellar job 'behind the wheel', the host of other roles that he has taken on in the past year has truly earned him this accolade. Having moved into the Strategic Operations role, he is consistently looking outside the norms to tie in other events happening around our area of space and sometimes even the fleet, simming a duty post we have limited knowledge about and making it every bit as real and as vital as any other.
Add to that the plethora of other characters in various atypical roles that we don't normally see, and you'll easily understand how Justin was the perfect player for this award. From the librarian who dances with feathers and does math as a talent, to the internal affairs investigator who offers a comfortable approach complete with hot cocoa, to the mind-switched holocharacter controlled security officer, to a host of other characters that filled various roles aboard the ship, there is no question in my mind that Justin knows how to play a non-traditional role.
With every one of his characters being colorful, engaging, unique, and yet very real all at the same time, Justin brings to the table something unique that adds an edge to our story and sends it into the realm of the unforgettable. The Excalibur benefits greatly from his contributions, as does the fleet in his other creative capacities. I am thrilled to be going into another year with him aboard and I look forward to what he brings into the fray next.
- ↑ SB118 Forums: Graduating Class of 239706.07
- ↑ Presented by Kalianna Nicholotti: "While the Resolution is not new, relaunching a ship takes just as much resolve and hard work as if she were."
- ↑ Presented by Kalianna Nicholotti: "Our mission, though unexpected, was completed entirely without a single shot fired. Now that part was far from easy to handle, especially since the Resolution was being shot at nearly the entire time. It took a good amount of work to solve the puzzle we were presented, and to do so without resorting to the ‘easy way out’ deserves recognition."
- ↑ Presented by Kalianna Nicholotti: "Ensign Yalu, as a former pilot, I will say that I am impressed. Your navigating of the Resolution against odds that were potentially insurmountable says much to your credit and to the credit of your knowledge and experience. For your show of tenacity and skill during a difficult interaction with an aggressive ally, I hereby award you with the Captain’s Commendation.
- ↑ Presented by Kalianna Nicholotti: "[F]or those who inevitably aided in the discovery of a new planet and the race that lived there, I award...the Explorer’s Ribbon."
- ↑ Presented by Kalianna Nicholotti: "Inevitably, what goes hand in hand with discovery is contact with the life forms that reside on the planet in question. While discovered to be less savory characters, the event was still a first contact situation for us and as far as we know, for the Federation. To that end, I award...the First Contact Ribbon."
- ↑ Presented by Addison MacKenzie: "...for helping us to successfully reach an agreement between the Thama and the Nascaik, even in the face of tremendous adversity."
- ↑ Presented by Kalianna Nicholotti: "The Skarn were very new and very different, challenging our ways of thinking about other races. We learned a lot, and we still have a lot of data to go through, but the truth of it all is that this was one of those missions where we really did boldly go where no one has gone before."
- ↑ Presented by Kalianna Nicholotti: "[T]his was also a successful first contact mission."
- ↑ Presented by Kalianna Nicholotti: "Working with those who don’t exactly want to work with us is not easy. The Klingons that we encountered during the course of this were from a place and time when the Federation were their mortal enemies, and yet, you somehow found a way to make them see things from our point of view. In the end, the teamwork between both groups was what led us to success."
- ↑ Presented by Kalianna Nicholotti: "Through some of our darkest hours, you have shown yourself to be an incredible source of light, and well worthy of this recognition, and the thanks of a grateful crew, and the entirety of Starfleet Command. First and foremost, each of you will receive the Defense of Temporal Flow Ribbon for your work in maintaining the timeline in the best possible manner."
- ↑ Presented by Kalianna Nicholotti:"TBA"
- ↑ Presented by Kalianna Nicholotti: "TBA"
- ↑ Presented by Kalianna Nicholotti: "Though the circumstances of your presence aboard the Excalibur while we were gone were dubious, it was pivotal to the rescue of the entirety of the senior staff. Without you three, there is a very real chance that we would still be on that planet, or somewhere worse. It is through your intuition and work that we are here and that a wrong has been stopped. For everything you endured, and all that you did in the aftermath, I hereby present you with the Legion of Merit."
- ↑ Presented by Kalianna Nicholotti: "We definitely went through something for sure, even if we still aren't quite sure of the ramifications of it all. This staff, and indeed the crew as a whole, served with heart, passion, knowledge, and good judgement. For that, I award the following with the Good Conduct Ribbon."
- ↑ Presented by Kalianna Nicholotti: "While you all are here, I'd also like to award each of you with the Quantum Reality Service Ribbon for your handling of things in the alternate realities that each of you experienced."
- ↑ Presented by Kalianna Nicholotti: "Over the past few months as the Excalibur has been positioned as the flagship of the region, trouble has been brewing. Strategic ops has its finger on the pulse of at least three or four potential hotspots, but getting information isn't always as easy as you'd like it to be when you have a fleet of four ships in an area of operations as big as the Borderlands. To that end, impromptu intel gathering missions and all that comes with them can sometimes net the biggest rewards. These four did just that not a couple weeks ago, and for that I am proud to award them with the Intelligence Star."