Senior Chief Karen WIlloughby, a Human, is currently an Engineer aboard the USS Columbia.
- Full Name: Karin Constanza Willoughby
- Race: Human (Welsh)
- Date of Birth: 235008.23
- Place of Birth: Machynlleth, Powys, Wales
- Age: 47
- Gender: Female
- Height: 4'9" (1.44m)
- Weight: 110 lb (49.89kg)
- Hair Color: reddish brown
- Length of Hair: knee length (kept in a bun)
- Eye Color: Grey/Green
- Skin Tone: Caucasian
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Karin is almost never caught off duty, but when she is she prefers simple clothing in dark blue to black. She prefers tees and sleep pants at night. Shoes: standard issue when on duty. Comfortable shoes when off duty.
- Voice: Commanding when speaking otherwise a very quiet sort.
- Handedness: Left
- Quarters: Karin has a squared away existence to her quarters. Everything in its place and never more than five minutes away from being packed for a move. That being said she has a sea turtle aquarium with three turtles.
- Favorite Room: auxiliary engineering. (The quiet creative atmosphere is conducive to her abilities)
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Karen builds model battlefield sims; she learned the practice from her father.
Karen also plays the tuba. Her biggest wish is to be hired for the Starfleet Field Band, which has an 8 year waiting list.
- Likes: C Sharp major
- Dislikes: G Flat minor
- Ambitions and Goals: to become First Tuba for the Starfleet Field Band
- Achievements in Life:
- Disappointments in Life: She has failed to make the cut twice for the Field Band.
- Temperment: To the world around her she is a calm perfectionist who strives to break the mold of what a NCO has to act like. Inside she is is lost in a galaxy that laughs at the idea of such a little person playing a tuba
- Marital Status: single
- Father: Steven Ross Willoughby
- Mother: Katharine (O'Bannon) Willoughby
Karin grew up the only child of Steve and Katie Willoughby a husband and wife team of historian/archaeologist. They taught her a lifelong love of old battlefields. She had an aptitude for engineering problems from an early age, but her lack of other skills made joining Starfleet as an officer impossible. At 41 years of age she has spent 23 years in Starfleet. She was twice promoted to Master Chief only to be demoted.