|Birthplace||Encinitas, CA, Earth|
Cadet Welsh is a human.
- Full Name: Sunny Paige Welsh
- Race: Human
- Date of Birth: 236810.29 (October 29, 2368)
- Place of Birth: Encinitas, CA (Earth)
- Age: 22
- Gender: Female
- Telepathic status: E3 (Touch Empath). (Though she doesn’t know it, Sunny had a half-Betazoid great-grandmother. She is not truely aware of her abilities either.)
- Height: 5'6"
- Weight: 130lbs
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Eye Color: Light Blue
- Birthmarks, Scars: Massive scar to her left thigh from a shark attack, normally not visible under clothing. The leg is partially artificial and is fully functional. The skin is her own. As a result of the leg replacement, she can run slightly faster than human average.
- Build: Lean & Muscular
- Eyes: Curious
- Mouth: Narrow
- Carriage: Upright, with a slight swagger to her walk.
- Poses (Hands/Gestures, Feet/Legs, Torso/Head): She usually plays with stray locks of her hair when thinking.
- Voice: She has an alto voice and speaks with a distinct surfer-girl accent.
- Handedness: Left
- Marital Status: Single & Unattached
- Children: None
- Father: Brian Welsh
- Mother: Paige Welsh (nee' Wilson)
- Siblings: Nixie (Sister, 16)
- Current Rank: Cadet
- Current Assignment: Starbase 118 Academy
- Duty Post: 1. Tactical; 2. Helm/Comm/Ops; 3. Security
Sunny was born to be a surfer. She was born at home in a water birth and her father routinely took her out on the waves, even as a toddler. She was in surfing competitions by the time she was in grade school and winning them regularly by middle school.
Between her junior and senior years of high school, she spent a summer on the North Shore of Hawaii with friends. On a dare, she attempted to paddle her long board from Maui to Molokai. Near the middle of the channel, she ran afoul of a great white shark, who bit her left leg nearly off before leaving her. A rescue shuttle managed to get her to the hospital in time to survive, though much of her mangled upper leg had to be replaced with cybernetics. The attack was especially traumatic for her as, when the shark was in contact with her, she could feel its hunger, being an unwitting touch empath. She still wakes up occasionally with nightmares. Sunny has a necklace with 5 shark teeth that it left embedded in her flesh.
While in the hospital, she was approached by a Starfleet recruiter, who managed to convince her that the strategies that she used to such good effect on the waves would translate well into tactical situations at the Academy.