||L'uvan City, Thara, Andoria
“This jurry-rigging won't last for long.”
- Lt. Cmdr. Montgomery Scott
Vylaa zh'Tisav is currently serving as an engineer aboard the USS Gorkon.
- Name: Vylaa zh'Tisav
- Pronunciation: vEYE-lah zuh Tee-sahv
- Nickname: V to most, Giganta to people she likes
- Date of birth: 237311.23
- Species: Andorian (Bish'ee)
- Gender: Zhen
- Height: 2.20m (7'2")
- Hair length: Short
- Hair color: Naturally snow white, currently dyed raven black
- Skin color: Blue
- Eye color: Cobalt blue
- Weight: None of your business
- Build: Thin but toned
- Birthmarks, Scars: Many tiny scars on her hands and forearms, acquired from “tinkering” and other repair-type work but not stopping to see a doctor or at least run a regenerator over them
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: Both earlobes are pierced a couple of times. Tattoos, but not visible
- Voice: low contralto
- Carriage: Saunters, carries PADDs usually in her left hand held against her hip. If she’s carrying a bag with a strap it’s usually over her right shoulder with her right hand grasping the strap near the shoulder with a slight slouch to the right.
- Physical Limitations: Taller than your average Andorian, so low ceilings tend to result in scraped stalks and forehead bruises.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Something comfy, like t-shirts and shorts usually one size too big so she can breath
- Mannerisms: Gestures with her hands a lot.
- Mental conditions: Always has a nagging sense of claustrophobia at the back of her mind since most spaces, even those on Federation ships and installations, are not quite tall enough for her.
- Quarters: Coming soon
- Spiritual Devotion: Atheist
- Married: “Open” Andorian marriage, in that her spouses don’t expect her to be a monk while away. Prefers women, about a 4.5 on the Kinsey scale.
- Temperament: Sometimes comes off as having a “smart” or sarcastic attitude. Generally hard to get mad.
- Ambitions and goals: To successfully balance her career and raising her children. Even if, for the time being, that means she has to let her spouses raise them. Would like to one day command an SCE vessel.
- Idols: Montgomery Scott and Sonya Gomez of the USS da Vinci
- Music: Likes most kinds of music. When working in private likes to have music playing to help her think.
- Hobbies: Enjoys reading research articles, and not just in her areas of interest. Also likes to tinker with devices to “improve” them. Really, she’ll try anything once.
- Sports: Andorian martial arts (learned on Andoria), Terran gymnastics and kick boxing as part of Academy physical education requirement. Continues to practice all whenever possible.
- Favorite phrase: Pink skins are weird.
- Tineth ch'Zhalrath - Charan (Father) retired Starfleet helm officer
- Etharith th'Iviavaq - Thavan (Father) retired Starfleet engineer
- Athyn zh’Tisav - Zhavey (Mother) Physics professor
- Ovylaa sh'Shaalil - Shreva (Mother) Proprietress of The Crooked Stalk Tavern
- Sataa sh' Tisav - Shi (older sister)
- Thyssa sh' Tisav - Shi (younger sister)
(Note: Vylaa is the middle born of fraternal triplets, thanks to a rather powerful and at the time experimental fertility drug.)
- Sel ch'Rhekriq - Ch'te (“Husband”) administrator for the Andorian Kethi Council
- Atohriv th'Viannis - Th'se (“Husband”) Commander of IGS Phuzh, Charal-class
- Sallia sh'Ovaarral - Sh'za (“Wife”) sculptor/ stay at home mother
- Sivaa zh'Tisav & Athyn sh'Tisav - Zhei & Shei (daughters) aka The Twins 3.5 years
- Thyl th’Tisav – Thei (son) 1 year
Born in L'uvan City, Thara, Andoria. She was named for her shreva with a compromise that they change her names spelling to make it her own. Vylaa is the middle of fraternal triplets, thanks to a then new fertility drug called Gemintriol which increases egg release during the shen’s cycle. Unfortunately, Gemintriol did not prove to be the savior to the Andorian population crisis it was hoped to be, as further data collected showed that approximately 60% of all shens are allergic to the drug. It is still used wherever possible.
Vylaa enjoyed school growing up, and was always near the top of her class, and was especially happy whenever she was assigned projects, such as the yearly science projects. In fact, she proved very apt at making things work, and was often tinkering with one thing or another. By the time she reached her 7th year in school, most of her childhood toys had been disassembled and reassembled to see how they worked (and some of her sisters' toys too).
Secondary school was fairly uneventful for Vylaa. Given the fact that both her fathers had been in Starfleet, and one of her mothers was a physicist, it was no surprise that she took classes in the Academy Prep program. Most of her extracurricular activities were in academic clubs like robotics and the math league, where she forged most of her friendships. This helped her keep her nose clean.
||Cadet 1st Class
||239904.18 – 239904.24
||Starbase 118 Academy
||239904.25 - Present
- For award descriptions, see: Awards and Service Ribbons