Commander Valis, a Vulcan female, began her career as a Science Officer aboard the USS Ronin. She then transfered to Communications in order to more directly work through difficulties she had working with Jhen Thelev. Upon solving those difficulties, she transferred back to Science. Her time on the Ronin concluded when she was transferred to the USS Endeavour-A to server as her Chief Science Officer. Sometime later, Captain Macarius noted her penchant for conflict resolution and moved her to serve as the head of his Diplomatic Department. She served admirably in the Endeavour's dealings with the Gorn until her transfer to the same post aboard the USS Drake.
- Quarters: Immaculate & sparce
- Favorite Room: Chosing a favorite would be illogical
- Habits: Rehearsing the T'Prenn Series
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Vulcan Mysticism
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Studying unexpectedly nuanced natural mathematics of any kind: currently exploring music
- Instruments: "Sherlock Holmes'" Violin, and a Baby Grand Piano
- Ambitions and Goals: To explore IDIC until the day she dies
- Achievements in Life: Awarded both the Vulcan Scientific Legion of Honor and the Kol-Ut-Shan (IDIC) Award
- Disappointments in Life: Failed to attain Kolinahr
- Temperament: Logical
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): Slight emotional difficulties working with Jhen Thelev
- Physical Limitations: She's only Vulcan...
- Current Rank: Commander
- Current Assignment: USS Drake NCC-1987
- Duty Post: Chief Diplomatic Officer
- 233704.21: Born - Vulcinis, Han-Shir province, Vulcan.
- 235501.01: Began studies at the Vulcan Science Academy, ShirKahr.
- 235911.17: Published first paper on the quantum mechanics of stellar drift.
- 236004.21: Joined crew of the science vessel USS Surak as a civilian scientist on a mission to study a newly discovered Class G, Magnitude +10 star.
- 236101.12: Published award-winning paper proving a mathematical relationship between subspace fluctuations and aberrations in the life-cycles of stars.
- 236102.23: Awarded both the Vulcan Scientific Legion of Honor and the Kol-Ut-Shan (IDIC) Award.
- 236103.01: Began the Kolinahr on Vulcan.
- 236110.14: Failed to attain Kolinahr and left Vulcan for Earth to enlist in Starfleet Academy.
- 236209.01: Began studies at the Academy.
- 236706.05: Graduated as 4th in Class - Majored in Science: Physics & Astronomy, Minored in Engineering.
- 236706.06: Assigned to USS Ronin as Science Officer.
- 238405.02: Transfered to Communications Officer. Direct Supervisor: Lt. Jhen Thelev.
- 238411.26: Promoted to Lieutenant Junior Grade by Lt. Jackford Kolk.
- 238503.31: Transfered to Science Officer.
- 238612.11: Promoted to full Lieutenant by LtCmdr. Jackford Kolk.
- 238702.18: Gave birth to T'Lara, her first daughter, on Planet Vulcan.
- 238707.01: Promoted to Lieutenant Commander and transferred to Chief Science Officer of the USS Endeavour-A.
- 238810.06: Transferred to Chief Diplomatic Officer.
- 238908.01: Promoted to full Commander by Captain Geoffrey Macarius.
- 238911.05: Transferred to Chied Diplomatic Officer aboard the USS Drake.
During her time on the USS Ronin, Valis was assigned to help then Ensign Thelev upgrade the ship's computer. Thelev displayed overt hostility toward Valis and her attempts to appeal to logic failed, causing him to become infuriated and leave the room. This unsettled Valis and, after meditating on the situation, she decided that IDIC - the Vulcan principle that infinite diversity is found in infinite combinations - required her to resolve the differences between her and the Andorian; only then could they harmoniously achieve the good brought about by their being combined as part of the same crew. She thus transferred into the Communications Department under his command until such time as she they were truly able to work effectively and amicably together.
Valis was assigned to the Ronin at the same time as was Jack. They had also been at Starfleet Academy, Earth Campus, together, although they had little direct interaction while there. They were assigned quarters in close proximity to one another while on the Ronin, and Jack displayed a peculiar interest in Valis' relationship with Jhen; he seemed to find it... amusing. This perplexed Valis, though she never discussed it with him directly.
Once, during a shipboard catastrophe, she and Jack were trapped in a turbolift together. This incident helped to cement their friendship. Jack eventually began encouraging Valis to be more sociable, which Valis found valuable. This social tutoring continued once he become First Officer of the Ronin and resumed once he and Valis were reunited on the USS Endeavour-A. This again aided Valis in her endeavors to seek IDIC through amicable relations with members of every species.
Valis was honored to become en-ahr-at (roughly translated "godparent") of a friend's daughter. During the child's Ahm-van-kal (naming) ceremony, Valis melded with the child, who revealed that her name was T'Rau, from the word terau which means to fasten. In the process Valis saw both the tiny hands of the preborn child clasping one another while in her mother's womb, and - taken from her own mind but altered by the child's - the claw of a bird of prey clasped onto the Sphere & Triangle of the IDIC. From that moment on, both women's lives were forever changed. That experience forever augmented Valis' already burgeoning penchant for peacemaking, which no doubt led Captain Macarius to note these tendencies and make her his Chief Diplomatic Officer, a vital position aboard a ship assigned to a foreign galactic power's border.
- Ens. Karynn Ehlanii & Ens. Valis: "Musical Counseling"
- Lt. Jackford B. Kolk & Lt. J.G. Valis: "Home"
- Lt. J.G. Valis: "Dark Night of A Logical Soul"
- Lt. J.G. Valis: "Ahm-van-kal"
|NPC Roster · Drake Senior Staff · Crew History|
|CO: William Rogers · XO: David Whale |
COO: Solok · HCO: Kendall Washburn
|IO: Oliver Weston|
|CEO: Pandora · EO: James|
COS: Sakorra Jefferson Reed · SO: Nemitor Atimen
CTO: Sinda Essen · TO: Vacant
|CMO: Dantin-Vex · Coun: Danzia|
ACMO: Vacant · MO: Vacant
SCO: Alexander Richards · SCO: Enabren Rayn
|CIV: Didrik Stennes|