|Species||Trilldorian (Andorian/Trill Hybrid)|
|Birthplace||Cold Station 13|
Ensign V’Len Kel is an officer of the Federation Starfleet currently serving as a medical officer aboard the USS Oumuamua.
- Height: 5’9
- Hair: Black/grey
- Eyes: Green
Parents: Rathor Thule th’Reiji, Thavar Hellen ch’Idisha (deceased), Ithas Rarri sh’Reiji (desceased) and Sallia Thule zh’Dara (Andorian); Iren and Kessall Nirs (Trill)
Siblings: Kos Thule ch’Reiji (Andorian);Gazan (f), Rosro (f), Kumel (m) (Trill)
Prior Hosts: Xam Kel (helmsman/navigator USS Exter 2265); Shajou Kel (Musician/Entertainer); Lymoll Kel (Anthropologist)
MissionV’Len Kel was created on stardate 239410.26 when a transporter mishap at an aging Starfleet station resulted in the merging of Vazlo Kel a joined Trill and Lenshran Thule an Andorian.
Immediately after his creation V’Len Kel met James Conner, a human cadet in his cadre. Jim and Kel became close friends and Kel rescued Jim on several away missions.
V’Len Kel was allowed to maintain his existence, even after a possible solution was found, after appealing to the Starfleet Judge Advocate. After winning his appeal from Starfleet, Kel has maintained close contact with the family of Vazlo Kel, particularly Rosro Nirs, who also aspires to join Starfleet. Lenshran’s parents have also stayed in touch, while Lenshran’s brother, Kos, has been openly hostile to the interloper who has taken over his brother’s life.
- Xam Kel
- Xam Kel was a Lieutenant and Helmsman aboard the USS Exeter from 2254 to 2264. During that time he met Lieutenant Ivomella Sh'Ezarhess, the Exeter's engineer. While initially skeptical of each other, they soon found they shared interests in music, food and hiking. The two were married in 2257, but their marriage was short-lived. Xam Kel was severely injured in a shuttle crash during an away mission. The Trill Symbiote Commission came and collected the Kel sybiote and Xam died a few hours later.
- Shajou Kel
- Shajou Kel was a musician and entertainer who hosted the Kel symbiote from 2286 - 2347. Shajou Kel is best known for heading up the rock band "Dr. Sevrin and the Way to Eden".
- Jack Kessler
- Jack served aboard the USS Thor and USS 'Oumuamua with V'Len. During their first shore leave aboard the USS Thor V'Len and Jack joined other officers on a trip to Bajor. Having missed his Jack's initial physical, V'Len decided to put Jack to the test in a Holo-mysteries in which they act as Detectives in Earth's early 20th century. Sadly this fun past time was soured when the ships EMH tortured Jack and attempted to kill V'Len, Was Greave and Nesre Salo. The group only just managed to thwart the maniacal program.
- Nesre Salo
- V'Len first met Nesre Salo aboard the USS Thor and along with Jack Kessler and Commodore Aaron Kells spent several days on Bajor with Nesre during shore leave. V'Len found Nesre to be gentle and easy going and much more at ease then he was. This helped him greatly as he adjusted to life on the Thor. During the pirate attack on the Thor Salo gave up her seat in an escape pod to let others escape. V'Len found her later and worked hard to care for her and others after the disaster. V'Len and Nesre, along with Jack Kessler and Wes Greaves were very nearly killed by the Oumuamua's EMH during a holo-deck mystery trap. Nesre is currently the only person who knows that V'Len has an later ego, Dr. Severin, a musician persona that Kel uses to help relieve stress and show off his Guitar skills.
- Wes Greaves
- V'Len Kel and Wes Greaves would not be text book examples of friends. Indeed their relationship has been rocky from the start with V'Len accusing Greaves of being too quick to take risks at his first physical with him. During the pirate attack on the USS Thor the two men disagreed on a safe course of action for the ship and its injured. While Ossa V'Airu was at a conference, Wes tapped V'Len to be his first officer in the hopes that the two men would be able to mend fences. The truce lasted until the next mission when V'Len forcefully insisted that they help slaves escape the market on Port Coray. A course of action Greaves felt would distract from their mission of finding the USS Caboto. In truth V'Len respects Greaves as both a mentor and an example of Starfleet values.
After completing his final training simulation under Major Wes Greaves of the USS Thor, the Marjor request Kel be posted to the Thor for its mission to the Delta Quadrant. During exploration of the "Starship Graveyard" near Amity sation, Kel was able to establish contact with a cosmozoan entity using the Thor's holodeck interface. The entity briefly swallowed the the USS Thor but regurgitated it later in the hopes of gaining freedom from the cage is was locked in. The entity was freed and headed for parts unknown.
While on shore leave at Deep Space 9, V'Len was promoted to Lieutenant JG on stardate 239902.09. He was also made acting Chief Medical Officer of the USS Thor.
On stardate 239902.18 the USS Thor arrived at Okaea to check on the Federation outpost located on the ocean world. The Thor was attacked and subsequently downed by a pirate vessel. V'Len survived the attack and remained on board the Thor in order to aid survivors. While working with limited resources, V'Len developed a method to use Okaea's ocean water to treat patients. V'Len objected to Major Greaves decision to further engage the pirate vessel though the effort was ultimately successful. The timely arrival of the USS Oumuamua allowed rescue of the crippled Thor, but a new problem presented itself. Thor's commanding officer Aron Kells had been abducted by the pirates and was now on a cruiser belonging to the United Dominion of Planets. A team led by Major Greaves was dispatched to the UDP cruiser. While attempting to rescue the commodore, V'Len was injured while aiding an UDP crewman and required replacement of his heart with a cardiac inducer.
While on shore leaving following the return from Okaea, V'Len struggled to overcome depression and anxiety associated with his new cardiac inducer. Fortunately the former medical staff of the Thor rallied around him and he slowly got back to normal. V'Len's hopes of putting the disagreement between he and Greaves behind them was shattered with the arrival of Ress Reiji, an Andorian advocate investigating the downing of the USS Thor. The man seemed intent on embarrassing Greaves and V'Len was used as his instrument to do so. V'Len was able to help someone, namely his good friend Ulasso who seemed to have picked up a straggler on Okaea. The medical team discovered an anemone living in the saurian's nasal cavity. The team was able to remove the unusual creature who seemed to exude psychogenic compounds which had been causing Ulasso to experience hallucinations.
The USS Thor crew were finally transferred to the USS Oumuamua and departed for the gamma quadrant with V'Len now Chief Medical Officer. Things seemed to have gone back to normal until, 3 months into the voyage, Greaves summoned Kel to his office with an unusual offer. Greaves asked V'Len to act as XO while Commodore V'Airu was attending a diplomatic conference. While acting as XO, V'Len made first contact with the Esse, a plant species who had journeyed for thousands of years to find a new home world. V'Len briefly commanded the bridge, leading to the discovery of a second ship attached to the Esse vessel. This vessel belonged to the Suclese who had been stealing sap from the hibernating Esse in order to stave off a degenerative disease their species had acquired. With the Esse safely to their new home world, and Toz and Katsim working on a cure for the Suclese, V'Len was relieved to return to his sickbay.
The shore leave following the contact with the Esse found Kel, Salo, Greave and Kessler captured in the ships holodeck by the EMH. While the EMH captured and tortured Kessler; Kel, Salo and Greaves had to follow a series of clues to locate and rescue Kessler. The EMH used a mobile emitter to escape the holodeck. Also during shore leave, Ulasso, Greaves, Katsim and Rox (one of the nursing staff) visited a waystation in the Gamma Quadrant. There the group was reunited with Nelv, one of the pirates who had recently downed the USS Thor. Nelv injured Ulasso and squared off against Greaves in the Tsunkatse arena. While Greaves and Ulasso returned mostly undamaged, Ulasso left the Oumuamua to return to Sauria to convalesce and to deal with family issues.
On their next mission the Oumuamua encountered the Zet, an insectiod species the USS Thor had encountered previously with near disastrous results. The Zet had apparently attacked the USS Caboto and Intrepid class starship captained by JC Kessler, Jack Kessler's father. V'Len, Katsim and Promontory determined that a Theta weapon was used against the Caboto and V'Len moved quickly to inoculate the crew against theta radiation should they encounter it again. The Zet an attempted an attack, but were thwarted. The Oumuamua next moved to Port Coray, a space station with a dark reputation. While acompanying Greaves aboard, V'Len soon learned how the dark reputation was earned. A slave market was present on several levels. Within the market V'Len further discovered three children, survivors of the Caboto. Returning to the Oumuamuau they soon discovered that one of the slaves was Krystal Kessler, daughter of JC Kessler and sister to Jack. Hoping to return to Port Coray to free the slaves, V'Len was disapointed as the Oumuamua went to high warp. The ship had discovered another debris field and several survivors, but the Caboto and its crew remained elusive.
|239410||Cold Station 13||Transporter accident||Vazlo Kel and Lenshran Thule merged during transport||Inconclusive. Transferred to USS Pioneer|
|239412||USS Pioneer||Transporter accident||Vazlo Kel and Lenshran Thule merged during transport||Patient designated V'Len Kel found to be stable and in good health. Fit for Service?|
|239420||USS Pioneer - Trill Symbiont Commission||Transporter accident||Vazlo Kel and Lenshran Thule merged during transport||Kel symbiont fond to be healthy and functional. Transfer to new host not advised|
|239509||Starfleet Medical||Transporter accident - Follow up||Follow up||Nothing to report. Fit for duty.|
|239609||Starfleet Medical||Annual Physical||None||Nothing to report. Fit for duty.|
|239709||Starfleet Medical||Annual Physical||None||Nothing to report. Fit for duty.|
|239809||USS Thor||Arrival Medical||None||Nothing to report. Fit for duty.|
|239904||USS Oumuamua||Minor injuries||Crash of USS Thor||Treatment for pinched antennae, minor lacerations. Fit for duty.|
|239905||USS Oumuamua||Major injuries sustained to cardiac muscle||Boarding of UDP vessel||Replacement of Cardiac Muscle with Cardiac Inducer. Fit for duty.|
|239911||USS Oumuamua||Radiation Exposure||Encounter with Zet theta radiation based weapon||Inoculated for exposure to theta radiation, minor exposure. Fit for duty.|
|Starfleet Service Record
Awards & Service Ribbons
- For award descriptions, see: Awards and Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
|NPC Listing · USS Oumuamua Crew Manifest · Crew History