- Joined 118: October 2004
- Gender: Female
- Age: 34
- Occupation: Instructional Paraeducator
- City of Residence: Scottsdale, Arizona
- OOC Rank: Lieutenant Commander
- Hobbies/Interests: Star Trek (obviously), Science fiction, writing, reading, life-long learner, travel
HOW I CAME TO UFOP
I was 17 when I first joined the group. I spent what felt like forever trying to find a group that I liked. When I did--wow! However, in my second year of college, I had to retire my character (Rebecca Hollendale) to focus on my studies. But I missed the outlet that role-playing provided and before long I was reapplying to UFOP with another character (Elina Kincade). Again, real-life interfered when my oldest son was born and I had to retire her. As my son grew older, I had more time to write and roleplay. So I rejoined with my character, Lael Rosek, in 2015. With the exception of one leave of absence to have my second son, I've been an active member ever since.
- Where were you first placed? What was it like starting to sim on your vessel? The first ship I ever simmed on was the USS Independence under Captain Jessa Anasasi. I remember my first mission quite well. It's when I meet Daydan Taboo, a commander at the time. He was one of my first friends in the group.
- What have been your greatest challenges in this group? I'd say balancing it with real life. I retired twice before I finally came back to stay.
- What have been your greatest achievements in this group? I really feel like I've connected to other people and drastically improved my writing. It's changed how I view my world.
- What do you hope to ultimately accomplish? I'd love to be a Captain someday.
- Where do you see this group in five years? It's my sincere hope that the group will become even more a close-knit community than it is now with more formal training available to advance into command roles and even more support for incoming writers.
- How do you think this group has contributed to Star Trek's legacy? How has the group contributed to the internet community? This group has brought Star Trek to life for me and so many others. It's given us a chance to be someone else and experience a different life. As far as the internet community...I can honestly say I believe there's no better Star Trek RPG group out there.
SHIPS OF THE LINE
|USS Chin'toka • Akira class|
For full ship listing, click here.
For full character listing, click here.
|Awards and Service Ribbons|