Note: The main page for the character of Salak is here. This page is used only for drafting changes to the said page.
Lieutenant Salak is a Vulcan currently assigned to the USS Tiger as Mission Specialist. Twice decorated, he has served within the Ithassa Region for most of the last four years. Amongst his previous assignments, he includes the positions of Chief Engineer aboard the USS Independence, Deep Space 17 and the USS Wallace, Acting Chief Engineer of the USS Phoenix-C and as a Mission Specialist on board both the USS Ronin and USS Independence-A.
- Full Name: Salak
- Species: Vulcan
- Date of Birth: Stardate 235901.08 (Jan 8, 2359)
- Place of Birth: NW Raal Province, Vulcan.
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: T3
- Languages: Vulcan, Andorian, Federation Standard.
- Blood Group: T-negative
- Height: 1.91m (6' 3")
- Weight: 71kg (156lbs)
- Hair Colour: Black
- Length of Hair: Short, typical Vulcan hairstyle.
- Eye Colour: Blue
- Skin Tone: Light
- Birthmarks, Scars: None on record.
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: None.
- Build: Quite thin, broad shoulders.
- Carriage: Quite often in a hurry, reasonably long strides. Will usually slow down to the pace of whomever he is walking with however.
- Poses: Usually holding something, typically a cup of Vulcan Spice Tea and/or a PADD. Otherwise, arms are either behind back or folded.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Either uniform or traditional robes. Does not seem to generally understand the meaning of the words "Shore Leave" or "Off Duty".
- Shoes: Black, polished
- Voice: Measured.
- Handedness: Favours Right-hand but is able to use Left.
- Quarters: See below
- Favourite Room: Has no "favourite", but tends to spend a lot of time in Quarters and in Main Engineering.
- Mannerisms: Tends to focus on Logic but known to lapse on occasion. Is known to use humour accidentally but has little grasp of the concept. Can be easily confused by slang. Will tend to ask people if they are "agreeable" rather than asking how they feel.
- Physical Limitations: Stronger than most due to being Vulcan but not good in extreme heat after spending many years on Andor.
- Temperament: Tries to suppress emotions, thus can seem arrogant at times. Known to be more emotional than most Vulcans but is gradually gaining more control, despite occasional lapses. Expected to have major temperament problems roughly once every seven years.
- Habits: Drinks a lot of Vulcan Spice Tea. Usually has a PADD to work on, even when off duty. Not a fan of eating meat, especially that which is still alive.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: The Teachings of Surak.
Introductory information about personality. This section should be the "writer's" assesment of the character's personality. There is also a section for StarFleet Personality Profile below.
Hobbies and Pastimes
- List 1
- Item 1
Likes and Dislikes
- Vulcan Spice Tea
- Technical Manuals
- Being in Control
- Space Stations
Ambitions and Goals
Information about ambitions and goals. What are they? When were they formed? What prompted them?
Personal Achievements and Disappointments
Information about what the character sees as their personal achievements and disappointments. What are they? When did they occur? Did they occur "publicly" or "privately"?
- Merged with User:Salak/Salak/Personal history
Salak graduated the Academy in October 2381 and was quickly assigned as an Engineer onboard the Steamrunner-Wolverine Class USS Wallace, posted to the station Deep Space 17. He became the acting Chief Engineer in February 2382, a position which became official in August of that year.
Salak remained Chief Engineer of the USS Wallace until it was decommissioned in April 2383. His next posting was as Chief Engineer on the USS Independence. After the destruction of that vessel later that year, he was reassigned to the USS Ronin as a Mission Specialist. The Vulcan didn't spend long on Ronin, moving to a classified assignment before joining the USS Independnece-A less than a year after he'd joined Ronin.
He spent eight months with the new Independence, leaving with half of the senior staff for the USS Tiger, commanded by the Independences' former First Officer, Sidney Riley.
As Chief Engineer of the USS Wallace, Salak was the Senior Officer for the Engineering department of the vessel and thus members of the department were his sub-ordinates. Due to the nature of the vessel, the Engineering department was usually divided into Teams, a system Salak would later use on other vessels.
Salak's Assistant Chief on Wallace was Ensign McLoughlin. Upon the Independence, his new assistant was Ensign James Culan and he also worked alongside Indy veteran Chief King until the vessels destruction.
As a Mission Specialist on Ronin and the Independence-A, Salak had no true subordinates. His role meant he operated between departments, rather than within one.
MOVED: SIM Archive
|NPC Listing · Tiger Senior Staff · Crew History|
|CO: Cpt Sidney Riley · XO: Lt Cmdr Jhen Thelev |
SOO: Lt Cmdr Sakorra Reed
|CoO: Lt Cmdr Lance Firestarter · HCO: Ens Dean Fielding |
CE: Lt Cmdr Nemitor Atimen · EO: Ens Thomas Riley
CoS: Lt David Whale · SO: Lt JG Ashtad Gee
SO: Ens Cole Turner
|CSO: Lt Cmdr Darius Clack · Sci: Lt JG Galon Sudra |
CMO: Lt Cmdr Solok · ACMO: Lt JG Sasak
MO: Ens T'Reshik
CC: Lt JG Tobias Brel · Coun: Ens S'Peek Avandar
|Civ: Greekle · Civ: Sir Kyros Gideon|
|LOA: Ens Kathalia Goodhart · Ens Lucien Landau · Ens Lukarick Obsidian|
|Edit Nav/View Key to Abbreviations|