R'raika Voss is a Vulcan female assigned to the USS Garuda as an intelligence officer.
Statistics and Appearance
- Full Name: R'raika Voss
- Species: Vulcan
- DOB: 236507.10 (age 32)
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5 feet, 11 inches
- Hair: Bleached white pixie cut with bangs
- Eyes: Grey
- Skin Tone: White
- Birthmarks, Scars: None
- Serial Number: OX-940112
- Build: Slender
- Mouth: Usually in a smile.
- Arms: Animated when she talks
- Carriage: Walks like a Klingon, stands at ease like a Klingon.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Casual
- Handedness: Left
- Telepathic Status: T5/E3
- Spouse: None
- Children: None
- Parents: Father: S'Jenes, Intelligence (Very Conservative) & Mother: T'Remberale, Cultural Anthropologist Poet (Fairly Liberal)
Falling Out With Parents
((Apartment, Kronos)) - [The Last Conversation]
The Scene: An apartment, an odd merging of Klingon building materials and Vulcan design asthetics. Two adult vulcans stand in the center of the room. The male is a tall, skeletal figure- his black star fleet uniform almost slicked onto him. The female, also tall, is more filled out, and her clothing more casual.
S'Jenes: Your daughter is irrational.
T'Remberale: Your daughter is exploring other ways of viewing the world- it would be logical to assume she would grow out of it.
::S'jenes crosses the room and considers a spheric sculpture, taking a deep breath he centered himself::
S'jenes: It is... scandalous- her actions speak poorly of us... even the other day Tark and his bondmate crossed the street to avoid me.
T'Remberale: Tark has ever been guided more by his emotions than rational thought- ::T'Remberale pauses as the enterance to the apartments opens and a young vulcan female enters. The girl's left eye is freshly bruised, and the green blood that had dribbled from her cut lip has started to congeal and flake off in spots. Her clothing, Klingon street fashion shows cut marks and it's hard to tell if the top was meant to reveal that much skin or if the majority of it had been torn off in the fight.::
:: S'Jenes looks at his daughter and fights off the desire to shout in frustration::
S'Jenese: Why must you partake in this fighting?
R'raika: [Klingon] For the pleasure of it, Father.
S'Jenese: You are like a wild animal- :: S'Jenese turns to his wife:: you see T'Remberale what your upbringing has done- well it ends now. R'raika will be sent to Vulcan where she will learn how to be Vulcan.
T'Remberale: How w- :: T'Remberale is cut off as a loud growl fills the room::
R'raika: [Klingon] No! Vulcan is dead to me, the ideas of Surak a bane to me- I am who I am not what you want me to be. I will not be broken by your sickness. For all your strength your heart is weak.
::S'Jenes and T'Remberale remain quiet as R'raika spits out the words, only looking to one another. The father's face becomes harder, the mother's almost seems to soften::
R'raika: [Klingon] Burn my possessions, I'll have no need of them. ::R'raika turns to exit, but pauses a moment, turning to her mother:: [Vulcan] Thank you for raising me as you did, my heart shall always remember you with deep fondness. ::Those last words said, R'raika exits the apartment::
::S'Jenes and T'Remberale look at each other as the memory fades to darkness.::
- Tesek, younger brother (On Vulcan /w sister).
- Nasr, Older Sister (Vulcan Science Academy)
R'raika is a Klingon living inside a Vulcan skin. Her emotions are always on display and while she is generally a cheerful, happy go lucky sort- her darker passions can be seen just as easily in times of stress. She channels her emotions through constant action. She perfers crowds to solitude, noise to silence, movement in all forms to stationary existence.
She tends to get on well with almost anyone she meets, outside of other Vulcans who tend to find her inhibitions and lack of self-control distasteful. Which is not to say she lacks self control or discipline, just when compared to other Vulcans she seems as bit lack luster in those areas.
- People/Social Situations: R'raika enjoys meeting new people, parties and social gatherings- the one time she'll actually sit still is when she has a good view of a busy street.
- Music: R'raika loves music that she can feel- the kind of songs that sway the passions. Conversely she despises music that limps along and brings nothing to the table but empty noise.
- Nature/Passion: To cut the list short, if it can induce a feeling from deep sorrow to great joy to anything in between R'raika likes it.
- Speed kal'toh
- Gambling: R'raika enjoys the thrill of gambling- not so much the winning as much as it it allows her to watch and observe others as they experience the highs and lows of victory and defeat. She does enjoy the feel of cold pressed latinum between her fingers though.
- Opera/Musicals: R'raika trained in Klingon opera while on Kronos, she expanded her musical repertoire when she came to Earth and experienced Terran based opera and the enjoyable musicals of Gilbert and Sullivan. When she gets a pass at the Holodeck she usualy takes on a roll in any of her favorite pieces and sings.
- Brawls: She's very fond of barroom fistycuffs.
- Silence: R'raika can't stand the calm. It gets on her nerves and makes her twitchy.
- Formality: She knows she has to be professional, and represent both the Federation and herself well- but she's not a fan of of sticklers and red tape.
- The Weak: She doesn't like to see people not stand up for themselves.
Ambitions and Goals
- Exist- by continuing to exist and survive as she is, she proves that any Vulcan can survive with their emotions.
- Prove her family wrong.
- Find and fight strong opponents
- Crush her enemies
- Excel at her work in SI.
Newly arrived to the USS Garuda- her room lacks in her personality at present. The one thing that stands out is her collection of books, most well read, others not so much.
Books she keeps print copies of
- On Being V'tosh Ka'tur, an experiential study aboard the Vahklas: By Kov
- Excerpts of the Paq'batlh, with discussions.
- Oo-mox for Fun and Profit
- The Fall of Kang
- The Book of Tsun Katse
- The Dictates of Poetics
- The Teachings of Surak
- Women Warriors At the River of Blood (very foxed)
- Rules of Acquisition (very foxed and annotated)
- Rules of Acquisition (Revised) (Collectors Edition) (MINT)
- Mok'bara - Expert
- Suus Mahna - Novice
- Judo- Second Dan
R'raika is a practitioner of mok'bara and is considered an expert. While on Earth she studied Judo, finding it an excellent foil for channeling her emotions and achieved the rank of second dan. Her own race's martial art, suus mahna she finds boring and has only ever achieved the rank of novice.
- 236707.10: Born at the Federation Embassy on Kronos.
- 2376-2379: From the ages of ten to thirteen studied Klingon Opera in Krennla, Baldi'maj District.
- 2383: Falling out from family at age of Seventeen.
- 2387: Took the Admissions Test, Passed and entered the Academy after the six week summer course (Running Start program) at the age of twenty-one.
- 2388-2391: Starfleet Academy - Dual major: Intelligence and Security Transcript
- 239106.03 - Posted to the USS Garuda as an Intelligence Officer
R'raika is considered to be V'tosh ka'tur (A Vulcan without Logic)
|NPC Listing · USS Garuda Crew Manifest · Crew History