Hello! My name is Gina and I write for Lieutenant Commander Lael Rosek, the First Officer aboard the USS Astraeus.
- Joined 118: October 2004
- Gender: Female
- Age: 32
- Occupation: Instructional Paraeducator
- City of Residence: Scottsdale, Arizona
- OOC Rank: Lieutenant Commander
- Hobbies/Interests: Star Trek (obviously), Science fiction, writing, reading, life-long learner, travel
HOW I CAME TO UFOP
I was 17 when I first joined the group. I spent what felt like forever trying to find a group that I liked. When I did...wow! However, in my second year of college, had to retire my character (Rebecca Hollendale) to focus on my studies. But I found myself missing the outlet that role-playing provided and before long I was reapplying to UFOP with another character (Elina Kincade). Yet again, real life interfered with the birth of my oldest son and I had to retire her. As my son grew older, I again found myself missing role-playing. So I rejoined with my current character, Lael Rosek, in 2015. And with the exception of one leave of absence to have my second son, I've been an active member ever since.
- Where were you first placed? What was it like starting to sim on your vessel? The first ship I ever simmed on was the USS Independence under Captain Jessa Anasasi. I remember my first mission quite well. It's when I meet Daydan Taboo, a commander at the time. He was one of my first friends in the group.
- What have been your greatest challenges in this group? I'd say balancing it with real life. I retired twice before I finally came back to stay.
- What have been your greatest achievements in this group? I really feel like I've connected to other people and drastically improved my writing. It's changed how I view my world.
- What do you hope to ultimately accomplish? I'd love to be a Captain someday.
- Where do you see this group in five years? It's my sincere hope that the group will become even more a close-knit community than it is now with more formal training available to advance into command roles and even more support for incoming writers.
- How do you think this group has contributed to Star Trek's legacy? How has the group contributed to the internet community? This group has brought Star Trek to life for me and so many others. It's given us a chance to be someone else and experience a different life--a full life. As far as the internet community...I don't think anyone can honestly say there's a better Star Trek RPG group out there.
SHIPS OF THE LINE
|USS Astraeus • Galaxy class|
For full ship listing, click here.
- Primary Character: Lieutenant Commander Lael Rosek of the USS Astraeus
- Secondary Character: Lieutenant Ishkabella Journs of the USS Atlantis
For full character listing, click here.
|Awards and Service Ribbons|