|Rank||Lieutenant Junior Grade|
|Birthplace||Strandhill, Ireland, Earth|
“To build something great, you must first destroy it.”
Lieutenant JG Hayley Caden is currently serving as a Engineer aboard the USS Arrow.
- Height: 5'7" (1.7 meters)
- Weight: 155 (70kg)
- Hair: Ginger or Red (from strawberry-blonde to Auburn depending on her preference)
- Eyes: Sea-green
- Build: Well-built, Athletic, strong
- Full Name: Hayley Devon Caden
- Alias: Hailee, Dev
- Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
- Telepathic status: T2/E4
- Languages Known: Federation Standard, Scottish Gaelic, French, Vulcan and Cardassian
- Father: Aric Caden (Still living)
- Mother: Maya (Vanished, presumed dead)
- Brother Cedric "Xander" Caden (younger brother, Serving on board the USS Waverider, Nova-class)
- Sister Xandria Caden (Twin sister, Served onboard the USS Waverider before her disappearance. MIA, presumed dead)
- Working out, Running and Staying Active
- Tattoos (Gets one once every three years since six years old)
- Exploring the Unknown
- Failure (or losing)
- Confined places
- Too much partying or people yelling (It's hard on her empathic senses)
- Creativity or being creative
- Her agility or motivation
- Survival instincts
- Social Anxiety
- Her empathy (her empathic side causes her to shut down when overwhelmed)
- Ambidextrous. She can write with both hands fluently. However, she prefers her dominant right hand more.
- When she gets passionate, it tends to cause her to grow angry when something doesn't go her way. She snaps and withdraws to her own shell to recollect herself. Otherwise, she can easily make friends as needed. With a small circle of friends, anything can happen.
Hayley was born in the coastal town of Strandhill, Ireland to two different parents. Her father, Aric Caden, was part of a strong Irish descendant of Mac Cadáin. His family history was small and not well know, but a significant part of Hayley's Irish heritage. More on her family history later. Also, her middle name Devon was given to her by her father claims that her heritage can be traced to the Duke of Devonshire. However, not much is known or confirmed. Still, her history is rich that can be traced as far as the year 1014. One of her older tattoos contains the McCadden Coat of Arms.
Her mother is Maya. She was born a Batazoid. However, since the birth of her brother Cedric, Maya had vanished. She was a Science officer of the USS Waverider, a Nova-class refit when it was exploring an unusual stellar phenomenon. Not wanting to concern his children, Aric kept her quiet and raised them to honor their Irish heritage. However, being half Betazoid, Hayley, Xandria and Cedric had difficulties dealing with the loss. Being a mental loss rather than physical, they struggled to grow up especially Hayley.
Growing up, Hayley struggled with the darkness inside her. It grew and gnawed at her psyche. Because of her apparent inability to handle her empathic abilities, she avoided people. It wasn't that she hated people. It was that they bothered her mentally. She had several Betazoid counselors during her growing years that helped grow and mold her and her brother's telepathic empathic abilities. Her brother's ability, however, was stronger. When he became of age, he joined the Academy at the young age of 16 to move away from his household because he was unwilling to compromise with his father. At times in the household, he would grow angry at his father occasionally. Hayley at times intervened to try to calm things down.
While her brother felt more connected with his mother, Hayley felt a stronger connection to her father. She was considered a daddy's girl at times even if she never appreciated the sentiment. However, she grew a strong bond with her brother that she would do anything for him no matter where he ended up. Still, her father used her middle name Devon more often than her first name. He taught her everything especially her heritage, but most of her knowledge of engineering stems from her father's skill in repairing or tinkering with old machines around town. Around her early teens, she was introduced to the name of Miles O'Brien. She never met her, but she idolized him for a bit. She wanted to follow his path.
By the age of 17 on Stardate 2385, Hayley enlisted to Starfleet with the rank of Crewman. She had the option to join the Starfleet Technical Services Academy of either Mars, Vulcan, or Betazed. After completing each application and receiving approval to attend any one of those, she elected to attend the one on Vulcan instead based solely on her uncontrollable empathic abilities. She believed Vulcan would help her. Haley met her first Vulcan mentor Supek. Supek, or as Hayley occasionally called her Supay, taught her to quiet her empathy and curb her disquiet. After attending the academy on Vulcan, she earned her first rank of Crewman and transferred to a starbase.
For the next couple of years, Hayley advanced through the enlisted ranks learning all the technical aspects of engineering. She served as a technician, specialist, and an engineer's mate. For the next five years, she grew in ranks up to Petty Officer First Class. On Stardate 2392, she was recommended for the rank of Chief Petty Officer. On that same day, her father grew ill. Feeling homesick and unwilling to accept the promotion, she passed the promotion and returned home. Upon returning home to Earth, she wanted to pursue a new career in Starfleet as an officer. On her way home, she applied to join Starfleet. Studying and finishing her placement exam, she was accepted and attended the academy in San Francisco California. In her free time, she would occasionally visit her father and keep him company.
Her studies consisted of a mix of several different subjects. While she was interested primarily in Engineer, she also pursued an avenue in Ops as well as Communications and piloting. Hayley never liked studying, so she preferred the easier path. She loved to tinker, but also she had some interest in leadership so she chose to major in both Engineering and Ops. Along the way, she learned tactics, battle, and leadership. Among her studies, she had chosen several electives like the Teachings of Surak which her mentor suggested to her as well as survival tactics of how to survive in captivity or in any volatile situation. The Reawaking: Surak All Over Again was one such class she took that help her understand Surak's philosophies and it helped curb her empathic side. Upon graduating, Hayley hoped to be assigned a ship that will offer her a chance to experience what it's like to become a Starfleet officer. Along the way, she hoped to find any information regarding the disappearance of her mother.
- (Still working on updating her bio to include her twin sister.)
- 236811.23: Hayley was born in Strandhill, Ireland
- 238103.02: Inspired by her father, Hayley considered a path in engineering
- 238509.05: Attended the Dublin Engineering School at a technical college
- 238905.04: Graduated and accept a position on board the SS. Badlands, an Antares class freighter
- 238905.20-239206.01: Served on board the SS. Badlands and crossed several territories including Vulcan
- 239208.03: Returned to Earth to live close to her father and placed an application to join Starfleet
- 239301.06: Atteneded Starfleet Academy for the next four years in San Francisco, California as cadet
- 239705.07: Passed her exams with the highest honor and attended her final test onboard Starbase 118
- 239706.02: Is granted Ensign and accepts her new posting onboard the USS Juneau as the Comm/Ops officer
- 23970x.xx: Transfers to the USS Arrow as the new Comm/Ops officer. Later returns as her Research Specialist
|Starfleet Service Record
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
Book of Devon (Coming Soon...)
- Title of First SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
- Title of Second SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
|NPC Listing · USS Arrow Crew Manifest · Crew History