|Crew of the USS Blackwell|
|Lieutenant Anath G'Renn|
Lieutenant Anath G'Renn is currently serving as the chief medical officer aboard the USS Blackwell, one of the ships assigned to the Andaris Task Force, led by Rear Admiral Renos. She graduated the Academy and was posted to the Olympic-class vessel on Stardate 239402.28.
- 1 Statistics
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Personality
- 4 History
- 5 Relationships
- 6 Languages
- 7 Publications
- 8 Starfleet Records
- 9 Notable SIMs
- Full Name: Anath G'Renn
- Species: Klingon/Vulcan hybrid
- Gender: Female
- Date of Birth: October 28th, 2368
- Birthplace: T'Paal City, Raal province, Vulcan
- Telepathic Status: T3
- Height: 175 cm (5’9’’)
- Hair: Brown
- Eyes: Brown
- Build: Average, slightly lean
- Birthmarks/Scars: None
- Handedness: Right-Handed
- Taste in Clothing (off duty): Varied, with a mix of generalized replicated clothing and clothing of sentimental value, of both Klingon and Vulcan origins.
Personality Type: ENFJ (Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging)
- Mannerisms: Very early in life Anath tried to keep her emotional expressions hidden entirely with regular meditations and study. Currently she uses daily meditations to limit the volatility of her emotions but doesn't work to proactively repress any expression or feeling. While she may still claim to be more vulcan than klingon she has abandoned the outward coldness and stoicism that many people expect of vulcans.
- Routines: Every evening before bed, Anath enjoys a cup of Chamomile tea and reads a section from whatever book she is in the middle of reading (time permitting). Each month she likes to focus on literature from a different culture during her evening reading time.
- Speech Patterns: While Anath is able to disguise her emotions and keep them from bleeding through her voice, she rarely goes through the effort of trying to hide her feelings.
- Quarters: Anath prefers to keep her living quarters neat and tidy, keeping her wardrobe and personal belongings well-sorted.
- Carriage and Posture: Always walks with purpose and sits with her back perfectly straight for the most part, but will relax her posture in a casual atmosphere or when she is in an environment she finds to be relaxing.
Likes and Dislikes
- Favorite Book: A Cave Beyond Logic, by Ti’Kann
- Favorite Color: Yellow
- Favorite Food: Vulcan Pok tar
- Favorite Animal: Sehlat (Consistent childhood pets)
- Fears: Abandonment, enclosed spaces, illnesses affecting family and friends
- Pet Peeves: Inefficiencies, uncooperative technology
Anath G’Renn is the middle child of Lyras and T’Shol G’Renn. Lyras is a biochemics expert for the Vulcan Biology Institute, and T’Shol is a former field medic for the Klingon Empire military. The couple first met during a biochemics symposium hosted by the Vulcan Biology Institute, and the unusual sight of a Klingon dedicated to medicine was intriguing to Lyras. The couple married several years later.
The couple's first child, Anath's sister Jolash, was born three years into their marriage. Anath was born two years later and their brother Avarak four years after that. The family has a home in T'Paal City on Vulcan, where Lyras works.
Anath attended the public schools in T'Paal City along with her siblings, and has very fond memories of her earliest years. She enjoyed listening to her father's stories about his struggle for acceptance in the Klingon military as a medic, exploring the area around her home, and playing chess.During these early years her closest friends were a human girl named Alexa Kennedy and her younger brother Avarak.
December of 2380, the G'Renn family took a trip to Terra Nova and explored the once-desolate human colony world. During the fourth day of their trip, Avarak fell ill with an unknown infection and was rushed to a medical center. He died a few days later, with his siblings and parents separated from him by a containment force field. This incident left Anath especially upset, and was the initial catalyst for her considering a career in medicine. She never wanted to see anything like what befell Avarak happen again.
Anath focused more and more on her academics after her brother's death, hoping to apply for and be accepted into Starfleet Academy to become a doctor and help those in need. After finishing her preliminary education, Anath applied to Starfleet Academy and was accepted after passing the entrance exams.
Upon arrival at the Academy, Anath was relieved to learn that her roommate was Alexa Kennedy, who helped her adjust to life on Earth and introduced her to some human culture, specifically baseball. She took a strong liking to the sport and soon became a big fan of the game. However, not all of her Academy and medical school experiences were as cheerful. Her Klingon temper made some enemies, and her unique physiology made typical emotional repression techniques for Vulcans ineffective. Despite the struggle of maintaining composure, she passed her exams and was sent to Starbase 118 for her cadet cruise.
While certainly a Vulcan behaviorally, Anath has never forgotten what she has inherited from her father and often reflects upon his old Klingon sayings and stories of being a field medic.
Avarak was the closer of Anath's two siblings and was her closest friend and confidant during her early life. His death on a family trip still haunts Anath and was the driving force in her decision to pursue a career in medicine.
|Thordic Sende Ulthex Ferentis|
Colleague and Possible Friend
- G'Renn, A. On the Use of Altered Viral Shells to Combat Lysogenic Infections: Published in the Starfleet Medical Journals (2394, Volume 321, No. 1)
Service History and Service Ribbons
|Starfleet Service History|
|Cadet First Class||239402.27||Graduated Starfleet Academy||Medical Officer|
|Ensign||239402.28 - 239407.12||Andaris Task Force: USS Blackwell||Medical Officer|
|Lieutenant (Junior Grade)||239407.12 - 239412.06||Andaris Task Force: USS Blackwell||Medical Officer|
|Lieutenant||239412.06 - Present||Andaris Task Force: USS Blackwell||Chief Medical Officer|
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
Other Starfleet Records
- 239402.28: G'Renn reports to the bridge and meets her new CO, FO and a handful of the crew for the first time. She starts to form her first impressions about the people she will be serving with on the USS Blackwell.
- 239404.11: Ensign G'Renn reflects on personal memories of upbringing and her childhood while sharing a lunch with Lieutenant E'riQ at the Mystic Gardens.
|REV SD 239412.13|