USS Resolution Specifications
- Commanding Officer: Kalianna Nicholotti
- Category: Surveyor
- Primary Designation: Science
- Expected Duration: 50 years
- The Resolution Motto: "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." -Carl Sagan
- Officers: 20
- Enlisted Crew: 70
- Marines: 15
- Passengers: 10
Crew quarters systems
Due to the small size of the Nova-class, and its internal arrangement of systems and laboratories, crew accommodations are located on Decks 1, 2, 4, 5, and 6. Individuals assigned to the USS Resolution for periods of six months or longer are permitted to reconfigure their quarters within hardware, volume, and mass limits. Individuals assigned for shorter periods are generally restricted to standard quarters configuration.
- Enlisted Personnel: Located on Decks 2, 4, and 5. These accommodations consist of a toilet/shower, small sitting/working area, and four beds (can be double- or triple-bunked to sleep up to twelve crew). Aboard the USS Resolution, enlisted personnel are discouraged from bringing families due to the lengthy working missions and space limitations. Crewmen can request that their living quarters be combined to create a single, larger dwelling.
- Non-Commissioned and Junior Officers: Located on decks 4 and 6. These accommodations include a small bathroom with ultrasonic shower, living/working area, food replicator, personal holographic viewer, two small sleeping rooms, and provisions for pets. Cohabitation is required for all officers below the rank of Lieutenant Commander. Officers may request that their living quarters be combined to create a single, larger dwelling.
- Senior Officers: Located on decks 2 and 6. The second officer, department heads, and other officers at or above the rank of Lieutenant Commander are allocated single quarters (cohabitation is not required). These accommodations are similar in appointment to those assigned to junior officers, but have more privacy and larger living and working spaces, as senior officers are expected to work even when off-duty.
- Captain and First Officer: Located on deck 1. The captain and first officer of the USS Resolution have special, much larger quarters. These accommodations include a private bedroom with double bed, dedicated living and working areas, bathroom with ultrasonic and traditional water showers, food replicator, personal holographic viewer, and provisions for pets. The captain's and first officer's quarters adjoin to and are accessed via the ready room and XO's office, respectively.
- VIPs: Located on deck 6. Though not ideally suited for diplomacy, the Nova-class, like all Starfleet vessels, provides accommodations for special guests and visiting personnel aboard the ship. Though not as well appointed as on most vessels, the USS Resolution's VIP quarters are more than adequate. These accommodations include a bedroom with double bed, spacious living and working area, personal viewscreen, ultrasonic shower, bathtub/water shower, food replicator, null-grav sleeping chamber, and provisions for pets. These quarters can be immediately converted to class H, K, L, N, and N2 environments.
- Emergencies and Evacuations: The small size of the Nova-class makes planetary evacuations infeasible, however the USS Resolution is equipped to exceed its standard complement for short-term emergency situations. All crew quarters can be modified for double, and in some cases, triple occupancy. In addition, certain public areas, including the holodecks, gymnasium, and mess hall, can be reconfigured as temporary accommodations. Life support systems can accommodate approximately 350 persons aboard the ship in total.
The Security Office is located on the fore end of Deck 3. For details on security shifts and protocol, see the Resolution Security Detail.
- Cruising Velocity: Warp 5
- Maximum Velocity: Warp 8
- Emergency Velocity: Warp 8.55 (for 12 hours)
- Number of Decks: 8
- Height: 34 Metres
- Width: 62 Metres
- Length: 165 Metres
- Shuttlebays: 1
- Type 9 Shuttle: 2
- Waverider Shuttle: 1
- Phasers: Type VIII Array - 8
- Burst-Fire Torpedo Launcher: 2
- Photon Torpedoes: 20
- Quantum Torpedoes: 10
- Auto-Modulating Shields
- Metaphasic Shielding