Article VII: Captains Council
- The CC shall be composed at all times of all officers who have formally been frocked as a captain, which is defined as having passed the captain’s exam and having been officially recognized and awarded said rank.
- The CC shall allow all individuals who have been officially frocked with the rank of commander access to all votes and debate of its deliberations. Commanders may vote on any matter except those deemed by the Constitution and its bylaws as only for commanding officers and/or officers who hold the rank of captain or above.
- Reserved powers for the CC. These powers have been reserved specifically to the CC and may be exercised by majority vote as described hereafter but be it known that an exercise of any of these granted powers may be vetoed by the CC if four fifths of the EC membership so desire as related heretofore:
- Creation of “official” alien races;
- Recognition of plants, races, concepts, weapons, scientific advances, religions, political movements or developments, philosophies or other things or ideas as being an official part of the UFOP milieu once those ideas, concepts or things have been discussed in simulated plots;
- Serving as the first appellate forum for discipline of commanders and junior officers;
- Creation of new awards or discontinuance of old awards except those applicable to flag officers only;
- Creation, alteration or amendment of the requirements for advancement to the rank of full commander.
- To call upon the EC by majority resolution to act on any issue. If the EC shall not act within 30 days of the EC magistrate receiving word of the resolution from the CC magistrate, the right to act shall return to the CC who shall act subject to the other articles of this CONSTITUTION (including EC veto powers and discipline). If the CC does not act within 30 days of the resolution return, the resolution becomes null and void as if never passed.